Long conversation between McD and Belichick

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Anyone else catch how long Belichick spoke with McD after the game. It had the feel of I'm going to retire at the end of the season and this is the last time we are going to meet on the field.

Reading too much into it? 

We could only wish McDermott would retire at the end of the season. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 26
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Probably asked him, Allen's got a broader skillset than Brady, how come you're not 14-2 right now?  ... then have him instructions on how to do it.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

BB telling him you better win this season, or I’m coming for your job 😎

"I really thought you were going to run from shotgun there for a second."-Bill

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 6

16 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Anyone else catch how long Belichick spoke with McD after the game. It had the feel of I'm going to retire at the end of the season and this is the last time we are going to meet on the field.

“I totally get what you were trying to say about the terrorists and communication”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 34
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I might be naive but I think he told him go and win the whole damn thing. I think he has a soft spot for Josh and likes McD too.

They showed Belichick on the sideline after Allen got hit (first down, clinched the win), he looked more concerned for Allen (frustrated with his guys for hitting him like that) than he was upset for losing the game. 

8 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

“I know it was a rivalry. And I know your fans are passionate. But as I ride off into the sunset, I must say the Dildos on the field were a bit much.” 

"They counted them Bill and some weren't properly disposed of some went missing you wouldn't know what happened would you?"-McDermott

"......Tom."-Bill

23 minutes ago, FireChans said:

“I totally get what you were trying to say about the terrorists and communication”

Omg, I laughed so hard! Well done sir!!!!

13 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Is 5 seconds considered long?

Lol..for Belichick that is an eternity. He barely shakes hands after losses

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Quick interview for the Bills DC job next year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

I might be naive but I think he told him go and win the whole damn thing. I think he has a soft spot for Josh and likes McD too.

You have a heck of a team and a great shot here Sean go win the whole damn thing and make us proud

thats what I got too

• Like (+1) 2

No way in hell BB conveys that to McDimwit under those conditions, even if we are to assume BB already knows that.

They certainly did have a much longer chat than McD had with his own ex-OC though.

That’s a fair assessment. Or perhaps lending personal support for what McDermott dealt with a few weeks ago. Belichick is classy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Speculation from Boston beat reporters were that the interaction likely meant Belichick was not coaching in the division next year.  He probably thanked McDermott and wished him well.  

Edited by JohnNord
  • Agree 1

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

McDermott started 0-6 vs Belichick (Ironically when Belichick had Brady). Since then McDermott is 7-2 against him and one of those 2 losses was in a tornado

There’s nothing ironic about the fact McDermott started beating Belichick only after Brady departed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

There’s nothing ironic about the fact McDermott started beating Belichick only after Brady departed.

Yes there is. Kinda like how a lot more people have beaten Belichick throughout his career when Brady wasn't his QB

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Yes there is. Kinda like how a lot more people have beaten Belichick throughout his career when Brady wasn't his QB

Someone cue the Iñigo Montoya GIF, please …

2 hours ago, KellyToTasker said:

They showed Belichick on the sideline after Allen got hit (first down, clinched the win), he looked more concerned for Allen (frustrated with his guys for hitting him like that) than he was upset for losing the game. 

Belicheck loves Allen. He always has good things to say about him 

• Agree 1

if the bills were smart they would hire him as d/c and maybe mcclappy would learn some stuff, like how to not give up a fg with 13 sec, or make sure you have 11 guys during FG...    or ALL the other stuff he still hasn't learned.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

What's that mean?  

He can run and pass the ball and is a truck to bring down for the defense. Brady was more a cerebral assassin and able to dissect any defense he saw. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

McDermott started 0-6 vs Belichick (Ironically when Belichick had Brady). Since then McDermott is 7-2 against him and one of those 2 losses was in a tornado

Yet to beat him today he needed Zappe to throw 3 picks and gift then 20 points.  lol that’s been the story this entire year.. God I can’t wait for a new QB.. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

He can run and pass the ball and is a truck to bring down for the defense. Brady was more a cerebral assassin and able to dissect any defense he saw. 

Yet to beat him today he needed Zappe to throw 3 picks and gift then 20 points.  lol that’s been the story this entire year.. God I can’t wait for a new QB.. 

Ok. And? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.