Bills @ Chargers post game thread

Fan in Chicago

8 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

A lot of things in need of cleaning up. Allen’s shoulder definitely needs more time to heal still. Davis, Shakir, and Oliver were all clutch tonight.

The product on the field tonight probably wouldn’t have been enough to beat the Dolphins. Maybe not even the Pats. But we got the win and are still fully in control of our own playoff destiny and the division title is still very much in play. Very glad we all didn't get another last second crushing loss for Christmas.

Diggs was clutch in the 4th.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 5

10 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Most important game of the season and the Bills beat a team that just fired their HC/GM, and missing their starting QB, #1/#2WR, C, and starting DE by 2 points.  This is the same ***** we pulled against the Dolphins in the playoffs last year.  McD rarely has this team ready to play.  They are the dumbest, most undisciplined team in the league.  I don’t care what happens the remainder of this season, I will never be sold on McDingus as the HC.

Do us a favor and go root for the Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Harty really screwed us in this one. Special teams has been killing us all year. Lost us the Broncos and Jets games off the top of my head. Want to say Bass missed some which ended up losing us games too but I can't remember.

Agreed. It completely changed the game imo. He is completely useless on his returns. His only job should be to hold onto the ball and he failed miserably today.

I'd bench him and find the way to get Shorter on the roster.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Harty really screwed us in this one. Special teams has been killing us all year. Lost us the Broncos and Jets games off the top of my head. Want to say Bass missed some which ended up losing us games too but I can't remember.

He, Cook and Josh all had a part.

Just get the W.....

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I straight up want us to change HC this off-season!  He'll be gone after next season regardless...

But I DO CARE about what happens this year!  We have a shot to get in the playoffs and do some damage.  I want to see us do it.

We all do but how many of us trust him to get it done?

Not me😕

But, I want to be WRONG

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

Agreed. It completely changed the game imo. He is completely useless on his returns. His only job should be hold onto the ball and he failed miserably today.

I'd bench him and find the way to get Shorter on the roster.

I’d rather have Shakir back there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

As Joe Marino pointed in his all 22 analysis, there are deficiencies in the Bills passing attack.

Dropped balls, inadequate protection, Josh missing receivers. 

Water is wet.  Who cares.   They won with a minus 3 TO Differential.   Try to be happy.  Merry Christmas to all of you grumpy bastards

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mrbojanglezs said:

What's our chances if we lose to Miami 

Depends.

There is somewhat realistic chance to clinch PO even before the game. It only takes:

Beating the Pats.

Bengals losing to Chiefs.

Steelers losing at Seahawks.

Colts losing either at Falcons or to Raiders.

Texans losing either to Browns or to Titans.

Broncos losing either to Patriots or to Chargers.

All seem reasonable to me. I know Broncos seem unlikely but they are just an average team.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

They gutted it out.  I'll take any wins this time of year.  Survive and advance.

To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the commercial free quarter.  They just filled the time with collinsworth and tirico babbling or throw it to the studio to show the playoff picture for the 45th time.

Needed to plan those in-stadium breaks better for on-air content.  

I love the concept. Intensity was high and reminded me of high level soccer intensity which is unbelievable. 

But I agree they need better content between plays. 

Wayyyyyy too much edwards. My god what were the snap counts. Do we need him in there as extra tackle / TE to exclusively run the same two plays? W no razzle dazzle off it?

I am going to say this AGAIN the offense needs to flow through the TEs / Kincaid , cook, and diggs. Why Kincaid has 2 targets in the game is beyond me. You traded up and drafted this weapon. And sure enough he’s disappearing…… that can’t happen if this team is to ascend.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

A win is a win, and we need two more to get in. Go Bills!

Yes, but all the talk of "no one wants to face the Bills in the playoffs" is out the window now, right? Since, you know, they looked like garbage, and won by the skin of their teeth against an inferior opponent. 

The sad reality is that they came within inches of being "the same old Bills." The "they're hot and steamrolling into the playoffs" is just a pipe dream now. Likely one and done.

Bring on the blinders wearing homer thumbs downs and red Xs. LOL

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

3 Cook fumbles was also an issue for sure.

Amazing game last week, had hope he would have built on that.

The injury report had Cook with "illness" for most of week.  I wonder if that might have influenced the fumbling.

Also, ever closer to getting DaQuan Jones back.  That will be a boost.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

The Chargers only TD came after his fumble that gave them the ball at our 32.  The worst thing about that fumble is that he was going backwards losing yards before he coughed it up.

2 minutes ago, MarkMiller said:

Love that we are at a point where we have a QB that can execute 4 jaw dropping plays in a game and we think he was just “mediocre.”  Dude won this game for us, again. 

This annoys me to no end lol. Josh misses an open guy throwing off his back foot under pressure or throwin around a dlinemen and he gets roasted but when he does something truly special and it’s just taken for granted 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Still don't like the end of game calls settling for a FG

You go in and score a TD, there is no way Easton stick is leading a TD drive in less than two minutes when he struggled to get even a single TD all game

But guess what he has done....lead his team into FG range five times 

You are facing Easton stick not pat mahomes or even a bum like Derek carr but EASTON STICK 

• Disagree 6
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.