This will be the first game I miss in 27 years. Thanks NFL

Heavy Kevi

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

They don't have the devices and cannot afford to purchase the devices nor capability of using the technology,

I have offered to buy a pad for an elderly relative and she said she tried to use one at senior center and was unable to.

She still lives at home at 85 and was even hired by senior center to help part time but modern devices difficult for seniors.

Do you think senior living centers across the country are going to join Peacock for a month?

NFL probably does not care for they do not buy gear (although I bought her a scarf) or buy most of items advertised during commercials.

You're really reaching to make a point. 

And has a commercial ever prompted you to buy anything, ever?  

Seriously. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You're really reaching to make a point. 

And has a commercial ever prompted you to buy anything, ever?  

Seriously. 

You cannot possibly be as absolutely clueless as you pretend to be.   Maybe I am wrong.

Clearly advertisers believe ads affect what people purchases otherwise they would be throwing away their money.

15 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The NFL is trying to move from broadcast model to streaming model.  There are many, many elderly who watch NFL but have no access to streaming services.  

Time to get with the times. It's no different than complaining that games are shown on ESPN because some people might not have access to cable, or it being unfair that some places don't have access to quality OTA signals. If you care enough, there's always a way to watch and several of them cheap or free.

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

You cannot possibly be as absolutely clueless as you pretend to be.   Maybe I am wrong.

Clearly advertisers believe ads affect what people purchases otherwise they would be throwing away their money.

Vehicles, prescription drugs and beer. 

That’s what we get during NFL games. 

Never once has a commercial had a thing to do with any of my purchases.  

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not true. I live in NH and I can listen to WGR on Audacy. On TuneIn as well. But they black out Bills games and sometimes Sabres games too.

Well then... I am going to start listening! [I dud try it before and no luck...maybe I did it wrong.]

6 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I have watched every game for decades. Literally.

Even gotten free trials of fubo, downloaded apps, got up at absurd times to see London games, etc.

But this game isn't on LOCAL ROCHESTER MARKET because piddly little peacock is trying a money grab. 

All the other "exclusives" had free trials, were simulcast on a real network, or even in the case of prime- everyone already has it. But peacock, tiny little bullschitt peacock with nothing worthwhile to offer? The NFL not only isn't afraid, they actively don't like us.

So I can't. I just can't. Sure, I could afford the subscription; but I can't positively reinforce negative behavior by the NFL trying yet another way into fans' pockets. 

They will take our tax money to build the brand new stadium for a billionaire, but we can't even watch the effing game. Pathetic.

I hear you, but this screams of an old man shaking his fist at the system cause he can't except change. Reminds me of a story my wife told me about her dad. He is a smoker and they always bought Fords back in the day. At one point Ford discontinued that small triangle window that you were able to tilt open on the front door windows. Smokers loved the window cause it blocked the wind and they could hold their cigarette there while driving. So he got all bent out of shape and wrote Ford a letter about how he will never buy another again. Do you think his letter did anything?

Do I like that I have to watch the game on peacock? No, but not having it only hurts me because theres millions of fans that will still get it. I'm sure this isn't NFL driven anyways. This is NBC that has the rights to this weekends games, forcing their streaming platform onto us. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I have watched every game for decades. Literally.

Even gotten free trials of fubo, downloaded apps, got up at absurd times to see London games, etc.

But this game isn't on LOCAL ROCHESTER MARKET because piddly little peacock is trying a money grab. 

All the other "exclusives" had free trials, were simulcast on a real network, or even in the case of prime- everyone already has it. But peacock, tiny little bullschitt peacock with nothing worthwhile to offer? The NFL not only isn't afraid, they actively don't like us.

So I can't. I just can't. Sure, I could afford the subscription; but I can't positively reinforce negative behavior by the NFL trying yet another way into fans' pockets. 

They will take our tax money to build the brand new stadium for a billionaire, but we can't even watch the effing game. Pathetic.

Meh, I just paid the $5.99 a month around Black Friday.  It’s worth it to watch the game 

14 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Isn't Peacock like $5 a month? Lol

Just sign up to watch the game and cancel after. 

That’s what I’m doing…  it’s only $3.  It cost $8 to read the McDermott hit piece!.  

7 hours ago, Wacka said:

Drive to Batavia and watch from some place there. They should be in the WGRZ broadcast area. I used to drive 30-40 miles  one way every week to watch the games with the San JoseBills Backers when I lived in CA.

Back in the late 1980s when I first moved to Albany, Bills games would be on in Utica, but not Albany.  I had a 5" battery TV & would drive west on Rt 20 until I was able to get the game in.  I'd sit in my car & watch the game at a rest stop. One time the Bills were in Seattle for a 4PM game.  I didn't like the idea of being alone in a dark rest area on Rt 20, so I drove 2/3 of the way to Utica, parked in a Thruway rest stop & watched the game in the parking lot.  I was even able to go inside & get dinner at halftime. By the following season, I found the sports bars in Albany & never drove part way to Utica again. 

• Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Back in the late 1980s when I first moved to Albany, Bills games would be on in Utica, but not Albany.  I had a 5" battery TV & would drive west on Rt 20 until I was able to get the game in.  I'd sit in my car & watch the game at a rest stop. One time the Bills were in Seattle for a 4PM game.  I didn't like the idea of being alone in a dark rest area on Rt 20, so I drove 2/3 of the way to Utica, parked in a Thruway rest stop & watched the game in the parking lot.  I was even able to go inside & get dinner at halftime. By the following season, I found the sports bars in Albany & never drove part way to Utica again. 

Lol.  i was at SUNYA then, and would go to the big OTB sports bar on central ave.  I moved to Rotterdam in 1995 and got DTV and the rest was history

9 minutes ago, Special K said:

Plus Rat-face’s State Farm commercials 

some of those commercials are funny, especially the one where Andy Reid is drawing on players faces while they sleep

now that PM is in full binch mode i cant enjoy them any more

7 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Yeah I mean I own restaurants and work until midnight most days.

It's not 1950 anymore where every job is 9-5

6 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Oh, yeah.

Business is king. Of course I'm paying for it at the bar, so I can show it there.

ROI is a thing, and it's not lost on me.

It's separate, though. I don't want to sit in the bar. I want to watch at home where I already pay for several services that should deliver this game.

Just a reminder to all the responses with “thoughts and prayers” that OP already has a Peacock subscription. He owns two restaurants, one of them a Bills Backer Bar.

Not only can he watch the game, he will, and he’ll likely make a profit off of it. But OP also cannot figure out how to log in at home either. Sooo…there’s that. 

If we want to have a discussion about streaming that’s cool. But OP is most definitely not operating in good faith here. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Mango said:

Just a reminder to all the responses with “thoughts and prayers” that OP already has a Peacock subscription. He owns two restaurants, one of them a Bills Backer Bar.

Not only can he watch the game, he will, and he’ll likely make a profit off of it. But OP also cannot figure out how to log in at home either. Sooo…there’s that. 

If we want to have a discussion about streaming that’s cool. But OP is most definitely not operating in good faith here. 

Wow. If this is true, then im glad I didnt waste any time 0reading all the pages of this thread.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

PPV Super Bowls are right around the corner, I'm afraid 

I doubt that, I think the Super Bowl going to PPV would dramatically reduce viewership and take away some of the “cultural event” aspect that adds value to the NFL’s brand. Not to mention piracy would shoot up if that were to happen.

46 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

some of those commercials are funny, especially the one where Andy Reid is drawing on players faces while they sleep

I noticed the new one, Most Valuable Bundler, right after Mahomes throws the confetti, they cut back to Andy and he starts to crack a smile right before they cut the camera.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Wacka said:

Drive to Batavia and watch from some place there. They should be in the WGRZ broadcast area. I used to drive 30-40 miles  one way every week to watch the games with the San JoseBills Backers when I lived in CA.

I would take BART into San Francisco from Walnut Creek to watch the Bills at the Bills backers bar. Good times

4 hours ago, SWATeam said:

And then what station would you be watching on?

There are no stations on YTTV... its strange at first, but it KNOWS what you want to watch. Kinda scary. Either way, I got the sunday ticket for like 99 bucks... every game, no matter what. 

In this case, you'd have to find the TV map for the game, figure out a zip code that has the game being showed, and feed your VPN that location and then tell YTTV that's where you are. Should work. 

9 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

There are no stations on YTTV... its strange at first, but it KNOWS what you want to watch. Kinda scary. Either way, I got the sunday ticket for like 99 bucks... every game, no matter what. 

In this case, you'd have to find the TV map for the game, figure out a zip code that has the game being showed, and feed your VPN that location and then tell YTTV that's where you are. Should work. 

This is the way.  Can someone tell me where this will be on locally?  I use PIA as a VPN and can pop out in a bunch of places

Also, agreed on YTTV, at first i found it annoying, you have to dig to get the traditional cable grid, but reality is it knows that I watch CBS local news in the AM, and has that teed up, and that I watch college football on saturdays, and has that teed up, then NFL on Sunday.

also, i was just looking at Peacock's site as a plan B.  wowza they have some crap programming.  I mean like seriously.  I think Cocaine Bear is the best movie on there, and that was laughably terrible.  I guess there's some sitcoms and things but that doesnt feel like something that should cost money, we watched that garbage because it was on TV not because it was compelling.  Anyway, i vote for them to be amongst the first of the services to get swallowed up by one of the others so people can continue watching such classics as LOVE ISLAND GAMES and THE GENTLE ART OF SWEDISH DEATH CLEANING

Edited by dorquemada
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Can you order me 8 double cheeseburgers from McDonald’s?  It will take me awhile but I will get all 8 finished before the end of the game.

did you know i have various door dash, instacart and grubhub orders randomly dropped off at my house?  the drivers get sick of looking for right houses, and drop that ***** off on my front door.  is that what you picture heaven to be?

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I doubt that, I think the Super Bowl going to PPV would dramatically reduce viewership and take away some of the “cultural event” aspect that adds value to the NFL’s brand. Not to mention piracy would shoot up if that were to happen.

You're right, I expect, but never underestimate the ability of people to make terrible decisions in the name of greed

7 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

False

they give you peacock but you still won't be able to see the game as you don't get a paid sub to it. You'll still have to sub

sincerely,

Comcrap customer

I guess it was different when I got Xfinity about 1.5 years ago—I’ve been able to see whatever NFL games are streaming on the free sub for peacock that they gave me at the time. 🤷🏼‍♂️

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.