Dallas @ Buffalo Postgame Thread

HappyDays

16 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

The Josh effect ??

That's exactly what it was.

The book on how to beat josh Allen is to trick and confuse him, be totally disciplined in the back end, spy, and wait for him to make a mistake.  Yes have done this by disguising coverages but going hard on zone and baiting certain throws.

The thing is, now that we can run the ball, this zone coverage and the spy and spread out d that you put in place to keep Allen from killing you means we get a hat on a hat and cook can make guys miss.  We also torched man d w our run game today too.

Imo the biggest part of it is our wrs do not do well getting separation or making contested catches vs physical/dirty d play.  I think we've flipped that on teams by running the ball this year.

Imo, we will just keep this up and teams will have to bring in a third lb or just flood the box w their little dbs.  If they get caught doing that they are in for a world of hurt.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

We were missing half of our starting defence going into the game (Tre, Jones, Milano, AJE and Hyde) against the best offense in the NFL. 

I gave us about a 20% chance of winning and yet we thumped them by 3 scores. 

Never been so happy to be so wrong.

If the starting D stayed in Dallas wouldn't have even got that cheap TD at the end.

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

The Texans win against the Titans really hurt in that regard. Both the Texans and Colts are likely to be 10-6 when they meet. Browns have the Jets to get their 10th. Bengals have the Steelers and Browns to get to 10. They all would hold the tie-breaker against the Bills. Colts may be the weakest of those teams and conceivably could lose to Atlanta or LV, and perhaps the Browns could beat the Texans next week, but that only opens up 1 slot for the Bills as a 7 loss team and they need 2.

Unexpected losses happen every week. It will all shake out in our favor. NO WAY that everything goes against us if we win out. These negative scenarios would only play out if we lose 1 of our next 3. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That was an absolute bludgeoning on both sides of the ball...the O Line just manhandled the Dallas D. The Bills ran the ball at will and the Bills D shut down literally everything...Dak had nobody open and even when he completed passes his receivers were getting drilled as soon as they caught it. They picked him off once and they probably should have had 3 or 4.  

I told you Rasul Douglas was going to be a perfect fit for this D and he absolutely has been.  Dude has been just balling.

one of the better showings I’ve seen by a Bills defense in my 30 years of being a fan (since the ill-fated ‘94 season).  I’m eating some serious crow on McDermott rn.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Unexpected losses happen every week. It will all shake out in our favor. NO WAY that everything goes against us if we win out. These negative scenarios would only play out if we lose 1 of our next 3. 

Easiest path to the playoffs is to win the division. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Juice_32 said:

Makes me feel better about all those times I was screaming at my TV because we would stop running the ball even though it was working.

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

If I had a dollar for ever time I typed run the ball more over last two seasons I'd have a million dollars.  Not a peep today.  Keep running the ball.  I love it.  When they stack the box throwing will be that much easier but honestly we're good enough you still run the ball just to keep them honest.

You guys were in the minority on this message board. During the Dorsey Era Offensive Identity Crisis (26 regular season games, 2 playoff games), most people here were saying one of two things:

1. "Let Josh be Josh." (Put the team on Josh's shoulders)
  2. "Any Offensive Coordinator who takes the ball out of Josh Allen's hands is an idiot." (This was stated repeatedly to the point that it seemed like a majority opinion)

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Imagine the irony if the Bills made the big show in a year when everyone shoveled dirt on ‘em ! 

Actually you could see this coming a mile away. Yes, many people here are "the sky is falling" types of fans but there's lots of people here who understand that the NFL season is a marathon and that you want to be playing your best football when the temperatures drop.

It's truly amazing how many people here forgot that the Bills were 7-6 in 2021 and won their last 4 games of the regular season.

1 hour ago, jethro_tull said:

Cook emerging as a star is just what this team needed ! 

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Cook is turning into a superstar 

This would be a good time to mention that before this season began there were MANY people who were spouting "The Bills took Kaiir Elam at 23 when they could have drafted Breece Hall at 36.

In that same 2022 draft the Bills drafted James Cook at 63.

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

yep. 

Hey where did all the legions of "Fire McDermott" posters go to?   Where did they go?    That's all you saw two weeks ago>.  Fair weather fans they are. 

Yes they are. I'm still ambivalent about McDermott but two things have to be said in his favor:

1. The Tyler Dunne 3 part series seems to have proven that the players support their Head Coach.
  2. You have to credit McDermott for both giving Dorsey a fair chance and then recognizing that he could no longer wait for the offense to get their act together.

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

We beat the Dolphins by more points but this felt even more dominant. We throttled the most hyped offense in the league

It's interesting. IF the Bills offense didn't dominate today, it seemed like the Cowboys offense still would have struggled. They were not successful in anything they did and it seemed like the Bills had cracked the code on the McCarthy Offense. It's rare to get that feeling that the Bills out-strategized an opponent but it certainly felt that way today with our D and their O.

Also, the Bills Defense seems to be coming together. It's a real kick in the teeth to have lost Milano, DaQuan, and Tre White and then Micah and Epenesa but the coaching and player development seems to be showing that the Bills are a pretty sound organization. Guys like Dodson, Dane, Cam Lewis, Siran and others are getting appreciable playing time and the defense seems to be improving week to week.

1 hour ago, Fallser said:

I'll check in on him by dumping a bucket of toilet water on him...

I wouldn't piss on that piece of crap if he was on fire.

57 minutes ago, wjag said:

Was thinking today that the Bills early season injuries were a sort of blessing.  They had many games to matriculate in the backups and they played like Matt who today?  Beane did his job and got us a big body to replace Jones and Douglas to replace Tre. Dodson stepped up as well.  

Apparently the talent assessment and player development on this team is better than a lot of people on this message board believed it to be. The faith that this team has placed in many of its players was not shared by the fanbase in most cases.

47 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

reminded me of Thurman vs. the Fish…several times.

29 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Wow!!'

My buddy who is an older bills fan said he hasn't seen running that good (Cook) since Thurman Thomas...thoughts ?

Yeah, more so than OJ.

Thurman used to get small and patient and play hide and seek with defenders... disappearing into the lines. Cook was showing that same quality today. There were numerous runs where no one laid a hand on him till 7-8 yards downfield.

Cook's patience, feel, and instincts behind a big O-line was very reminiscent of the Super Bowl years.

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Because they knew if they did they’d be vulnerable to getting lit up with the pass. They bet Buffalo wouldn’t stay patient.

It was already 24-7 in the 4th quarter when Cook scored his 2nd TD against a light box. In the first half the DC can make that choice. By that time, with that score, they needed to stop the Bills from running the ball, grinding the clock, and killing the game. They just let it happen. If the shoe were on the other foot we'd be irate.

• Agree 2

Last week when we won I felt relieved that we got the win in a tight game and lived to fight another day.  This one is different - such a dominant performance against a top tier opponent has me thinking about more than just surviving our way into the playoffs.  If we can keep this up we will be a force to be reckoned with - and it really does feel like all the pieces are coming together at the right time.  I understand we have to play one game at a time but I'm certainly feeling way more optimistic now.  Go Bills!

Edited by Georgia Bill
typo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Taro Nimbus said:

So how will the media play this?  Is it more about what the Cowboys didnt do, or did they just have an emotional let down game.  We all know the Bills will get no credit for this beatdown.

It'll just be "what's wrong with Dallas" all week.... and that's fine.

• Agree 1

We are a 59 yard field goal in the rain away from being 3-0 agains the gauntlet we all pointed to when the schedule came out.

I will be in Miami.   I think it’s going to mean something.

I think the Fin Fans are puckering up.   THIS game was the mental and emotional “cushion” they built into the NFL’s last four weeks.

• Like (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

😳

There was clearly something wrong with Micah Parsons from the very beginning of the first series.

Minimal jump, no power, sucking wind 4 plays in; he wasn't right tonight.

OK, ice water time. Maybe because it’s nearly 2am here so tiredness is bringing me down slightly.

Excellent win today. But for all those calling out the fans who criticised McDermott and thought his time might be up - this is why. The potential of this team could be seen. As it is, the Bills are still in a dicey position heading into week sixteen. Results went against them but they’re relying on that because of poor calling and executing before the bye. The poor calling and executing which falls on the head coach.

Maybe they’re heating up at the right time. Maybe they cut a swathe through the AFC and make the Super Bowl. The only team I really fear is the 49ers (though the Bengals seem to be something of a nemesis). But there are three games to go of the regular season and, if they don’t make the play offs, or fail in a particularly Billsy way if they get there, I’m sure the pressure will return on McDermott.

Great win but far too soon to gloat or think all issues have been sorted. I think most of us thought the Bills were well on their way after week four.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BRH said:

I mean, it's funny, and a perfect comment, but just the fact that that was Josh Allen out there was exactly the reason why we were able to run the ball like that today.

True.

They were so focused on Allen that Dallas often missed his exchange with Cook and would bite on the misdirection flowing to Allen.

Cook does not need a lot of room to chew up yards and make a few guys miss.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Does Brady get HC interviews 

I mean depending on how far we go you never know, owners do crazy *****, he should realistically take an obvious locked in promotion to the true non interim OC here. He knows the team and coaching staff, knows the players, and it's Josh ***** Allen. If he does get the offer to skip the OC job I'd hope his experience being an OC before he was ready or in a bad situation would caution him to take his time to get the experience and wait for the right opportunity.

Perfect game of taking what they give you. Passing in a bad weather game got limited results. How did we respond? Ran the ball down their damn throat. Then we occasionally pepper in a few passes to keep them honest. Absolutely imposed our will on both sides of the ball, and made one of the top MVP candidates look completely lost.

Celebrate  tonight. Tomorrow we prepare for a LAC team that got embarrassed and are looking to play hard for their interim coach. Don’t overlook a damn thing, and be prepared to do what we did tonight.

Edited by KingBoots8
  • Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

If the bills win out, and Miami loses to Dallas or Baltimore and the bills, with both Miami and Buffalo finishing at 11-6, who wins the division? Would it be buffalo because they beat Miami twice? 

Yes, if we both finish 11-6, we win the division due to the head to head tie beeaker.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Dawkins just wanted to see how far Cook would get, defender was just along for the ride.

When a big strong O-Linemen gets a skinny fast guy on skates it's no contest.

Agreed on the Dawkins take. He is moving really good this season taking good angles, playing with strong hands, balance and leverage.

This whole OL has come together well. Protections, passing the right guy off, picking up stunts and blitzes, getting to the 2nd level and playing to the whistle. They are just working hard for each other as a cohesive group like I have not seen in years. They have always had some good players, but injuries and a few weak links have been enough to spoil those efforts.

Great to see the big guys get to shine in these games and get a little recognition.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.