Win was great BUT…

balln

Diggs is arguably not a #1 the last half of the season. His brother can tweet about it. Not making even somewhat contested catches. Not able to beat teams #1. He needs to get his head out of his a$$. @HappyDays called it out a few weeks ago and it was more of the same today. When you minus him out as a true #1 we clearly have some serious issues at WR. Lets draft a defensive end. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Diggs is arguably not a #1 the last half of the season. His brother can tweet about it. Not making even somewhat contested catches. Not able to beat teams #1. He needs to get his head out of his a$$. @HappyDays called it out a few weeks ago and it was more of the same today. When you minus him out as a true #1 we clearly have some serious issues at WR. Lets draft a defensive end. 

to be 100% fair I thought Sneed played lights out against him. It's not an excuse for Stefon today but I consider it a reason to at least give some credit to KC. Im sure he is happy with the win but NOT his performance in it.  

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’m  just gunna enjoy winning a tight game like that for once … at least for 24 hours …

Yeah .. there are problems … but they are still alive  another couple of weeks …

I think they are playing better though- much fewer penalties today, only one TO, ST did better and Josh is playing smarter

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Jerome007 said:

Since Joe Brady is OC, the offense looks great, is creative... and the WRs are not involved much. This game both teams did it. So I wouldn't worry. It's the first time Diggs seemed mentally out though. The other games he was all in.

Neither Mahomes nor Josh had enough time unpressured to reach deeper recievers.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Chiefs have a solid defense and they are one of the best at making adjustments at half.

Bills are very flawed but there aren't too many really good teams this year. Probably 49ers, Ravens, and Dallas.

Bills are part of that bunch of 10 teams that can go either way as far as putting it together or flaming completely out.

My only major complaint was not running the ball up 14-0 and just about to enter Chiefs terrority. There was about 4 minutes to half and tiring out the Chiefs defense with running plays and getting up 17 or 21-0 would have changed the directory of the whole game.

Poor play call by Brady and bad decision by Allen to throw to Sherfield (he sucks). That was a 10-14 point swing.

Other than that...good game for Bills to work with for next week.

Edited by Wizard
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, balln said:

We need to have options at WR

Diggs wr 1 - 11 targets . 4 rec for 24 yards. 

Gabe wr 2 - 2 targets. 0 for 0

that. Issss. Shocking to me

1. KC was playing AFC Championship Game defense again meaning they held and illegal contacted Bills WR's all game and got no calls against them for it.
  2. Allen was under duress far too often the 2nd half of the game even with 3 man pressures at times, which meant nobody was open downfield with 8 in coverage
  3. Davis was WIDE open for a TD late in the game on the drive they kicked the winning FG but again, Allen was under duress and didn't see him, instead throwing high to Kincaid along the sideline incomplete. Easily could have been a wide open TD.
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

We do need better receiving options.

We have approximately no-one who can get separation right now.

Whenever the broadcast showed the whole field, the receivers were covered.

There was the one blown coverage where Gabe got wide open and Allen didn’t see him, but those things happen and are few and far between.

• Agree 5

17 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

The moral of the story is Beane has to draft at least 2 wrs in April.  Gabe's gone anyway. We need to prepare 2 young wrs to replace Diggs eventually. And hope Shakir/ Kincaid keep developing?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Chiefs secondary is for real.  I have to say I was surprised Allen could not burn them with the blitzing.  They took the quick stuff away and even when Josh bought time, nothing materialized down the field.  Something had to be there....will be curious to see the all22 reviews this week.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, balln said:

We need to have options at WR

Diggs wr 1 - 11 targets . 4 rec for 24 yards. 

Gabe wr 2 - 2 targets. 0 for 0

that. Issss. Shocking to me

Honestly, I could care less about what these guys target shares are. Cook should have gotten more touches running and receiving because he was tearing them up. 

if we can win and run an offense that can win in a variety of ways I am way more happy than force feeding Diggs like we did today. When we force feed him, like today and the broncos game, we miss other opportunities on the field. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Chiefs have a solid defense and they are one of the best at making adjustments at half.

Bills are very flawed but there aren't too many really good teams this year. Probably 49ers, Ravens, and maybe Philly.

Bills are part of that bunch of 10 teams that can go either way as far as putting it together or flaming completely out.

My only major complaint was not running the ball up 14-0 and just about to enter Chiefs terrorist. There was about 4 minutes to half and tiring out the Chiefs defense with running plays and getting up 17 or 21-0 would have changed the directory of the whole game. Poir play call by Brady and by Allen to throw to Sherfield (he sucks). That was a 10-14 point swing.

Other than that...good game for Bill's to work with for next week.

"Very flawed"?  Cmon man...the Panthers are "very flawed", the Steelers even are "very flawed". The Bills have some flaws but they also still are near the top of the NFL in many categories..."very flawed" teams aren't in that conversation.

• Agree 3

Diggs is too good not to play better going forward. Sneed always plays him tough and the refs were letting them play. There were PIs on a few of his targets. The good news is that the 12 personnel formations are working. With Knox and Kincaid involved in the passing game and Cook being a coverage nightmare, our offense will be fine. Shakir should get Davis’s targets and Davis has been an effective blocker. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Since Joe Brady is OC, the offense looks great, is creative... and the WRs are not involved much. This game both teams did it. So I wouldn't worry. It's the first time Diggs seemed mentally out though. The other games he was all in.

I thought Brady struggled today outside of the 1st quarter.

Seemed like Spags was in his head a bit and he kept guessing blitz which resulted in a lot of WR screens

• Agree 2

Brady is not the answer. It’s not a lot different than Dorsey. He may be hurting us let but we need a real oc. Brady can stay as qb coach. 

9 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I thought Brady struggled today outside of the 1st quarter.

Seemed like Spags was in his head a bit and he kept guessing blitz which resulted in a lot of WR screens

Yeah some of the stretches were the worst our o has looked in a few years. Completely lost. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.