Teddy KGB

Who lost the game for us ?   

249 members have voted

1. 1. Philly doghouse

• Tyler Bass
    • Micah Hyde hideous 3rd and long defense
    • McClappy

54 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’d jive with this more if the defense didn’t give up a preposterous td on a 3rd and 15 to a scrub wr after the int. 

it’s hard for me to hate on the INT when josh should’ve had 5 total tds if cook doesn’t drop that pass since we’re on the topic of mistakes 

I know. Some of it is bad luck. Like, does Allen have a single dropped INT this year? Every. Single. Mistake turns into the worst possible scenario this year. He has to play perfect or it is a pick. It is crazy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, MJS said:

I know. Some of it is bad luck. Like, does Allen have a single dropped INT this year? Every. Single. Mistake turns into the worst possible scenario this year. He has to play perfect or it is a pick. It is crazy.

Even that pick yesterday was a pretty nice play…like I watch mahomes and tua and defenders are dropping picks that hit them right in the numbers lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Now that Dorsey is gone you have to select someone to be a whipping boy.

Yeah, but he's been the whipping boy!

Beane never lifts a finger to get a true bona fide #2, the push Davis into the role although he's not perfectly suited to it, make the most of it, and yet it's Davis' fault. 

Only in Buffalo under McD!  

4 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Players must make plays.  Did Andre, Eric and Thurmond run as many wrong routes and drop as many balls??  Didn’t think so 🤔

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1991-01-28-9101090109-story.html

REED STARTS OUT STRONG, BUT A BIG ONE GETS AWAY

TAMPA — Buffalo wide receiver Andre Reed, who caught the first six passes thrown his way, dropped at least three after that Sunday.

One of the misses, on a deep route over the middle, would have given the ball to Buffalo inside the Giants 40. It came right after Bruce Smith sacked Jeff Hostetler in the end zone for a safety that gave the Bills a 12-3 lead.

A reception would have put the Bills within striking distance of a score that would have put some heavy pressure on the Giants. Instead, New York was able to score before the end of the first half, cutting the margin to 12-10, and the Giants went on to a 20-19 victory in Super Bowl XXV.

''I had one or two I should have had,'' Reed admitted. ''We`re all not supermen out there, although we think we are.''

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Now that Dorsey is gone you have to select someone to be a whipping boy.

Dorsey is actually seeming like he was part of the problem honestly haha averaging 33 ppg even though we took the 4th quarter off against the jets with him gone.  Doesn’t mean there can’t be multiple bad coaches though 🤣

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

McDermott has to win out at this point to save his job IMO.  No playoffs, no job.

With that being said, Trent Sherfield should be cut immediately - he clearly didn't know his plays.  Everytime he stepped on the field he was useless. 

Gabe Davis is getting a lot of blame on the last play, which we don't know if he deserves - this could have easily been Josh's fault. 

We left 13 points off the board. This should have been a route.  James Cook dropped a sure touchdown on the second drive and Tyler Bass missing 2 field goals (the block is his fault, he didn't get it high enough). 

The refs had the fix on from the beginning.  The amount of calls/non-calls were ridiculous.  You can't even quantify the amount.  There were so many obvious ones - even Romo consistently commented.  The worse thing is they weren't even close:

- Ticky tack Defensive Holding on Douglas

- Dion Dawkins questionable holding penalty to offset Philly's obvious DPI

- Sherfield obvious DPI no call

- Diggs obvious DPI no call

- the Horse Collar/IG call

- The McGovern invisible hold negating Johnson's 16 yard run

- The obvious block in the back on Siran Neal on the 4th quarter punt - philly got the ball on the 32 and should have had it at the 7. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Statistically this play was probably the biggest negative impact on the game, besides the TD that won it lol

yes in the win probability changes it was the biggest negative play at -24.7%, then eagles got another 10% from the resulting TD. 

https://live.numberfire.com/nfl/8474

Von Miller should not be on the field until he can get pressure...he literally busted a spin move right in Hurts face and had an easy sack but after his 360 was completed he just stood there and watched him throw it a few seconds later.

He obviously just did a spin move for optics to make it look like he was trying and didn't actually expect to have to make a play.

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Coach55 said:

Trent Sherfield should be cut immediately - he clearly didn't know his plays.  Everytime he stepped on the field he was useless. 

He really was bad, and mostly, looked unprepared , like he didn't bother to learn his plays. Just like Miller seems to give half-ass effort. 

Other guys at least are playing hard. 

After all the failings in the 2nd half, Josh yet again handed the keys to McDermott with under 2 minutes to go. The Eagles had to kick a 59 yard field goal with no timeouts left. Sloppy conditions, the chaos that would ensue from running the offense off and the special teams unit on and had to be done in an extreme pressure situation all played to McDermott's hand. So what does he do?

He calls a timeout... 

Not the Eagles, they didn't have any, but the Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott called a ***** timeout. 

• Dislike 1

2 put blame on 1 play would b an injustice....

the turning point was no doubt the missed fg

refs were brutal 4 certain, however we got the ball 1st in ot, davis n allen on the wrong page was brutal

that incomplete/fumble was an iffy call, 2 me if u catch it n bring it into ur body that should b possession enuff

bills must have some hex on em 4 sh!tty losses, 6losses by a 4pt avg, 6 wins by 21pt avg

Cook drops a TD pass

Bass misses two field goals

Hyde forgets to cover his man on a 3rd and 13 desperation pass

Josh throws a silly interception

Davis runs the wrong route

Defense plays great until the final drive...

Some really bad penalties.

Everyone is responsible for this loss. The bright spot of the night? Joe Brady.

What's the solution? fire McD? Does Beane goes with him? I don't exactly know what's the best solution going forwards.

Hard to Blame bass - he didn't allow the blocker through.

Mcdermott did well all game until 2 drives with the D both times they moved the ball with little effort. Playing 8-12 yards of the LOS. 

Gabe put up great numbers and turn around the wrong way on a clutch play, but kincaid and diggs weren't open. 

This game goes down as a loss on all.

Broncos game is straight up on Coach McD
NE on McD.
First Game was on Josh and the whole offense vs Jets. 

We haven't lost by more than 6 points all year so is it the D closing games out or the Offense not finishing? Pick one.

• Agree 1

Option #4: The Officiating

"The Bills are the 40th team since 1970 merger to have 500 yards, 10 third down conversions, and a positive turnover margin in a game. They are the first team to lose in that scenario. Teams were 39-0 entering week 12."

It was impossible to win w/the external forces in play. 

7 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

The blocked kick was a great play by Jalen Carter - tough to blame that one on Bass, didn't see any snafu's on the kick.

AND it all came out in wash. The horse collar. Block. Then Hurts fumble. Bills scored their 7 points anyway.  But other officiating didn't:

It was other issues like the immediate reversal on field of the Brown catch and fumble.  Was someone in their ear telling them to change it and change it stat! That directly cost the Bills a W.

If you watched 13 seconds and watched yesterdays game and didn’t insta-vote McClappy, I just cant understand your point of view. Kickers miss some kicks. All players have off plays, drops, etc. 

We are so clearly out-coached in the late 4th in these hugely importantly close games. Time and again. And there’s one common denominator. That clap happy gutless “defensive” head coach of ours. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

McDermott owns it because he’s the HC and he always manages to lose these games with his decision making and his defense unable to get a stop.  

That being said..  We had the game won if Gabe Davis adjusts his route as he should have based on the look the defense gave us.   Allen threw a game winning TD pass to where Gabe should have been.  

I voted Tyler Bass though.   The entire game changed when he missed that FG.   We had just got a stop on defense out of half.   Philly looked miserable.  Their fans were miserable.   Go up 20-7, in miserable weather, and they’re getting pretty close to “on to San Fran” mode.  

Instead, he missed it.  Gave them life.  Gave them good field position.  Defense immediately gives up an explosive run.  

Game on.  

Bass just cannot miss 2 FG in a game like this.  He let the team down big time and I’m not sure why more aren’t on his case

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Its on McDermott.  For a man who preaches accountability he isnt taking any.  He's done a lousy job and clearly has absolutely no idea how to field a defense that can stop anything at the end of the game.  We have lost 4 games on final drive and very easily could have lost Giants game if not for the hold in the end zone not being called and the bucs game if Godwin saw the fb  (speaking of that when was last time a hail mary pass hit the ground on touched by secondary?)   Instead of  giving his franchise qb a shot at getting into fg range he wants to win with the defense that never holds the lead at the end . What a tool

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Oh no amazing point. So much fun seeing things like last night. And the Hail Murray. And 13 seconds. And the collapse at home against Minnesota last year. And the meltdown playoff game against the Bengals last year. And the dumb ending with the Broncos this year. And....should I keep going or are you having too much fun???

We have soooo many fun and exciting "moral victory" banners from the McDermott era. So so many.

See, it's not all about what last night was. It's the cumulative failings of this team going all the way back...even before the loss to Urban Meyer...no even further back then that. It's ingrained in this team now to fall short. That's the defining theme of McDermott's whole tenure here. 

Well said my friend.   I get so frustrated with this staff that I can't put it into words.  

I can't imagine that the players on this team have faith in this HC.  

For me it goes back to the first playoff loss to KC when Diggs left the locker room to watch the KC celebration and Mc Dummy went out to console him.

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

McDumbass is always the answer but Bass & Cook cost us 13 points.  And Micah needs to explain whatever the hell that defensive position was?

Our late game defensive playcalling was so hideous I honest to god forgot about Cook’s drop until right now. 

Thanks for that midsection hit. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.