Joe Brady says Gabe Davis was the player of the game against the Jets

BillsFan619

From the minute Kincaid was drafted, I'm sure the plan was that once Kincaid was up to speed on the offense, this O was going to become centered around Diggs and Kincaid, with everyone else being complimentary pieces.

As a fellow UCF alum, I'm as big a fan of Davis as anyone, but unfortunately, I do not see his second contract coming from the Bills. If that is the case, I will be rooting for his success wherever he goes.....except when he is playing the Bills

• Like (+1) 1

heads exploding....

9 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Of course, Joe is right.  A guy can play a good game, do what the team asks him to do, and not be a statistical standout.

Still, Joe might be trying to get ahead of Gabe's discontent and/or massage a hurt ego.  

he might throw a helmet or scream at Josh??

13 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I’m not a Gabe fan at all, but he definitely did all the small things right.

He reminds me of a good checking 4th line centre in hockey.

Limited skill, but does all the little things right

I don’t think anyone doubted his ability.  The question was whether he could be an effective WR2 on a full time basis.  We’ve seen it in flashes but never consistently.  

In the end, I think he answered the question for him.  He can be a good receiver that can help an offense but is probably not consistent enough to be a big-time WR2

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t think anyone doubted his ability.  The question was whether he could be an effective WR2 on a full time basis.  We’ve seen it in flashes but never consistently.  

In the end, I think he answered the question for him.  He can be a good receiver that can help an offense but is probably not consistent enough to be a big-time WR2

Oh I 100 percent agree . They need to upgrade at WR2 next year for sure

41 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The 13 sec game screwed up perception on #13. He is and should remain a nice #3 wr, where he will do lots of little things right and occasionally make the game breaking play.

But...when the game is on the line you look for your top 1 or 2 options. Not a guy with a high drop rate. For us this will be Kincaid and Diggs with Shakir nipping at their heals for wr options.

Cook is also explosive. We have all we need to be a very good offense the rest of the year. Just need everyone to accept the best seat for them on the bus.

Edited by foreboding
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, foreboding said:

The 13 sec game screwed up perception on #13. He is and should remain a nice #3 wr, where he will do lots of little things right and occasionally makes a game breaking play.

That perception would have been a whole lot different had we beaten KC in that game and gone on to the Super Bowl, likely to have won that.  

Funny, the support for McD who prevented that, but the hammering that Davis takes, who's the only reason we were in that game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, PBF81 said:

That perception would have been a whole lot different had we beaten KC in that game and gone on to the Super Bowl, likely to have won that.  

Funny, the support for McD who prevented that, but the hammering that Davis takes, who's the only reason we were in that game.  

True. But reality is you can fire/demote a mid -round drafted wr alot easier than your hc...and Davis does drop alot of balls.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.