Has Tyrel Dodson really showed that much improvement? Currently PFF's only 90+ backer.

mykidsdad

I feel like Dodson looked terrible earlier this year, but seems to be improving. he looked a little better in coverage, certainly strong against the run. But I was shocked to see his grade on PFF is 90.3. No way, right? He is better now it seems, but I figured his deficiencies was being coached around. Has he really gone from a liability in coverage (and a liability in general) to a strength? What am I missing?

image.thumb.png.31504e2b461660c8253bff3f3533a482.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

He paid someone on the website so he can get a bigger pay day his next contract

There have been comments that on Madden and PFF (not much difference in my opinion) you can pay to get higher ratings.

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

So do we like PFF again? Or mad because Dodson will now need 432 million dolllars when he signs an extension 

Never like Puke Fantasy Football but told to stop posting Bill the Cat.

l joseph super charged our front 6.

crazy how a street free agent did that.  dquan was obv sick, but we really need a big monster in the gut, no reason to only have hybrids when oliver does that better than maybe anyone else right now.

• Like (+1) 4

As far as Dodson goes, is there anyone who actually thinks he is a better player at this current juncture than Fred Warner or Demario Davis? PFF is a sham. Still, I don't throw up in my mouth anymore when I see #25 on the field. That's at least an improvement. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

I don't think he's been as good as that score, but it's a good reminder to fans who freaked out when we lost our WLB and 1T for the season that non-premium positions are easy to paper over. The season was not in fact lost in the 1st quarter of the Jaguars game. We just needed more from our coaches and our premium players.

• Like (+1) 7

40 minutes ago, wppete said:

He’s been playing great. Big surprise. Also Dorrian Williams looks like a stud. 

I think he looks like he has potential but he is an unbroken wild horse right now.   The Patriots targeted him and killed the Bills D in the run and pass game until they replaced him.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, H2o said:

As far as Dodson goes, is there anyone who actually thinks he is a better player at this current juncture than Fred Warner or Demario Davis? PFF is a sham. Still, I don't throw up in my mouth anymore when I see #25 on the field. That's at least an improvement. 

PFF reflects its owner Cris Collingsworth, a complete sham. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With the rate players are getting injured, it can't hurt to take a look if he clears waivers.  I don't think any other playoff contending team is going to just outright give him a job either, so its probably as good as anywhere.  Klein and Spector are currently both still on roster, as is matakevich - so there's still space in the LB room imo.  

Lets just say if Bernard got hurt, i'd feel better having a former multiple time all-pro on the roster.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think he's been as good as that score, but it's a good reminder to fans who freaked out when we lost our WLB and 1T for the season that non-premium positions are easy to paper over. The season was not in fact lost in the 1st quarter of the Jaguars game. We just needed more from our coaches and our premium players.

If linval Joseph wasn't waiting on the couch for a contender to call him we'd still have a lot of problems

And I recall a bunch of people complaining that we drafted a backup to Matt Milano in the 3rd... And we traded for Douglas 

We're getting by because we got replacements... Barely... And we're only still in this because we have Josh Allen

This team would be on a different level if we had Milano and DaQuan Jones... We did not replace them easily

We've been struggling to get timely stops 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

If linval Joseph wasn't waiting on the couch for a contender to call him we'd still have a lot of problems

And I recall a bunch of people complaining that we drafted a backup to Matt Milano in the 3rd...

We're getting by because we had replacements... Barely

This team would be on a different level if we had Milano and DaQuan Jones... We did not replace them easily

We've been struggling

Except the struggles have been on offense mostly. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Except the struggles have been on offense mostly. 

Usually anytime this defense needs a stop it has not gotten one this season 

Josh has left the field multiple times with the lead only for it to be erased

We have a defensive guru as a head coach of course he could keep it together for the most part... But when it matters it's struggled

If We can hold the eagles or the Chiefs to under 24 I would be pumped ... 

We also traded for Douglas to shore up the secondary... So we've tried hard to patch all the holes

Including the most money invested in the defensive line in the NFL

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, wppete said:

He’s been playing great. Big surprise. Also Dorrian Williams looks like a stud. 

Still overruns plays at times, but he is a rookie, it's going to happen...dude is going to be a baller tho.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

And I recall a bunch of people complaining that we drafted a backup to Matt Milano in the 3rd...

We're getting by because we had replacements... Barely... And we're only still in this because we have Josh Allen

We've been struggling

And yet still 4th in the NFL in defensive scoring allowing only 17.3 PPG and one of two teams that hasn't allowed 30 points this year...this ain't struggling.  We saw a lot of struggling during the drought years.  Assuredly, this wasn't what it looked like.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Still overruns plays at times, but he is a rookie, it's going to happen...dude is going to be a baller tho.

And yet still 4th in the NFL in defensive scoring allowing only 17.3 PPG and one of two teams that hasn't allowed 30 points this year...this ain't struggling.  We saw a lot of struggling during the drought years.  Assuredly, this wasn't what it looked like.

They're not struggling like a bottom five team...

But when the game is on the line do you feel confident in the defense right now?

Nobody thought we were going to stop the broncos in the game day thread on the last drive ... Basically everyone said our defense was going to get moved down and scored on..  there was little faith we were going to get a stop

We might have some impressive numbers but we struggle to get timely stops

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

They're not struggling like a bottom five team...

But when the game is on the line do you feel confident in the defense right now?

Nobody thought we were going to stop the broncos in the game day thread on the last drive ... Basically everyone said our defense was going to get moved down and scored on..  there was little faith we were going to get a stop

We might have some impressive numbers but we struggle to get timely stops

Honestly I figured the refs would get flag happy like they have in almost every game this year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.