Week 12: Buffalo Bills vs Philadelphia Eagles

BuffaloBillyG

38 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

we can definitely LOSE to any team as well… as evidenced by the Jets and Patriots losses!

Fun fact though - I think the last time we were blown out in a regular season game was 2021 against the Colts.  The Hamlin game might have been trending that way, but we’ll never know.

Last time I felt this bad about the Bills was entering the playoff game vs Cincinnati. 

• Dislike 3

1 hour ago, KeLLy1278 said:

And if the Eagles play like they are capable, they’ll win.  The Bills have too many issues.  I can’t see this as a W unless luck is on the Bills’ side.

I’m feeling pretty good about the BiIls’ chances, but only because I have $50 on Eagles moneyline. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t think the Bills are a good football team right now.

We just handily beat the team that gave the Eagles their only loss. 

I think this will be a tough game but just as I can't stand homer optimism, I can't stand homer negative stuff either. 

Bills are a good team. If we don't turn ball over , this will be a solid game. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

We just handily beat the team that gave the Eagles their only loss. 

I think this will be a tough game but just as I can't stand homer optimism, I can't stand homer negative stuff either. 

Bills are a good team. If we don't turn ball over , this will be a solid game. 

“OMG we are soooooooo bad”. 

Can’t stand it either. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RichRiderBills said:

Bills are a good team.

They are. The Eagles are better on both sides of the ball.

Honestly I don't see this one being particularly close either. Defense is going to struggle against the Eagles line and WRs. Offense is going to struggle with the Eagles d-line.

This is the sort of game where things go sideways early and then stupid Josh comes out and it gets really bad.

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t think the Bills are a good football team right now.

3 hours ago, cisco2403 said:

Don’t understand this sentiment at all. The Bills have a chance to beat any team with Josh Allen at the helm. 

I think this week we see what and if Bills have learned anything from the bad games that resulted in Losses.  Is this the beginning of them possibility as a team making a run to finish out the season like they did in 2021.  Has JA17 come to terms that taking what is available to him underneath is not always a bad option.  It seems this is always an area of contention for him.

I think the Joe Brady's play calling in this game will be key to how this team is positioned to make a run till the end of the year.

If the play calling fails in this game to adapt or be creative, this season is basically over.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

I think the Joe Brady's play calling in this game will be key to how this team is positioned to make a run till the end of the year.

The Eagles have the number 1 rushing defense in the league. They stuff the run.

In light of that, I predict Joe Brady will revert to what Joe Brady knows best: passing. I expect a pass heavy game. There won't be much of Cook or Murray. Fournette won't even be active. I hope Brady is good. The positive news is there is only one game of tape on Brady, so his tendencies are unknown at this time.

Bills Defense: the Eagles are going to light us up. Holding the Jets to 6 was child's play and is not a predictor of performance against a good team.

The game will come down to Brady's play calling and which Josh Allen shows up.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Honestly I don't see this one being particularly close either. Defense is going to struggle against the Eagles line and WRs. Offense is going to struggle with the Eagles d-line.

This is the sort of game where things go sideways early and then stupid Josh comes out and it gets really bad.

38-28 Bills 

This a must-win game for Buffalo.  I know there are scenarios where they could still mathematically get in if they lose to Philly, but they would be 6-6 and will have shown they can’t play with the big boys. The Bills have to win this game to show that they are a viable contender in the AFC.

• Agree 1

I see these teams as pretty much even. Both very good in some positions and flawed in others. I would normally say Allen will be the difference, but that's assuming his receivers catch the balls he throws, which isn't a certainty, as Mahomes found out last week. 

After the debacles against the Jets, Patriots, Jags, Giants, and Broncos, all games the Bills should have won, my confidence is shaky. Put it this way: I wouldn't be surprised if they lost big OR won big. 

Weird season. 

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, mannc said:

This a must-win game for Buffalo.  I know there are scenarios where they could still mathematically get in if they lose to Philly, but they would be 6-6 and will have shown they can’t play with the big boys. The Bills have to win this game to show that they are a viable contender in the AFC.

Well, not unless you think the Bills need to win out to get into the playoffs. If the Bills lose another game, ideally it would be against an NFC opponent.

So, if they lose this game and then win their next two, then what?

Showing they can "play with the big boys" doesn't actually affect anything besides your confidence in the team.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Well, not unless you think the Bills need to win out to get into the playoffs. If the Bills lose another game, ideally it would be against an NFC opponent.

So, if they lose this game and then win their next two, then what?

Showing they can "play with the big boys" doesn't actually affect anything besides your confidence in the team.

In my post, I acknowledged that a loss tomorrow won't mathematically eliminate the Bills, but I believe they would have to run the table. I don't think 10-7 will get it done.  If they can't win a game like this one, against a very good but beatable team, then I don't see any reason to believe they could run the table.  I think the season would effectively be over in November, just like the bad old days... 

• Disagree 2

6 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

If they are down two tight ends that is pretty big.  

They struggled mightily without having that extra guy on the line. Jack Stoll might be a key player again for them. 

Bills defensive line needs to take advantage and come up big. 

39 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

The extra day of rest coupled with the Eagles emotional vengeance win over the Chiefs with San Francisco & Dallas coming up next is not getting the attention it needs. Huge advantage for the Bills. Expecting a Buffalo 🦬 W. 

If Buffalo can't win a game like this, it's just not the year.

But I feel great about this game.  I still see the Bills as a title-contending team that has had more bad games than usual.  But we're still right there w/ the top teams, and we're catching Philly at a good time.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

6 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

And we’re better than the patriots on both sides of the ball….yet they won.  

We have the best player on the field.  We also have the 2nd best player on the field.  

It’ll be on the OL imo.  If they get wrecked, so will we.  If we game plan accordingly and the OL plays decent, I think it’s our game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

And we’re better than the patriots on both sides of the ball….yet they won.  

We have the best player on the field.  We also have the 2nd best player on the field.  

It’ll be on the OL imo.  If they get wrecked, so will we.  If we game plan accordingly and the OL plays decent, I think it’s our game

I agree. The offense that showed up last week, can beat just about anyone. I'm also not as down on Josh, as many here are. I always put most of the blame on Dorsey.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/21/2023 at 7:17 PM, nucci said:

How are we catching them at a perfect time? They're 9-1, won 4 straight  coming off big road win in KC. This won't be a "letdown" or "trap" game for Eagles

As others have explained, they are on a short week after playing on MNF in an emotional and hard-fought Super Bowl revenge game while the Bills coasted to a blowout win.  Eagles have the 49ers on deck next week while the Bills have a bye, so we will focus solely on Philly and let it all hang loose this week.

Savvy bettors have recognized this as a great "spot"/situation for the Bills and it's the sole reason the point spread is 3 instead of 3.5 or 4.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, mannc said:

In my post, I acknowledged that a loss tomorrow won't mathematically eliminate the Bills, but I believe they would have to run the table. I don't think 10-7 will get it done.  If they can't win a game like this one, against a very good but beatable team, then I don't see any reason to believe they could run the table.  I think the season would effectively be over in November, just like the bad old days... 

10-7 probably gets us in…the Texans play the browns still which will catch us up a game on somebody and I don’t really put much stock in the Steelers or the browns with a green backup qb 

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo is a clear underdog facing a 9-1 Super Bowl team. Nationally no one is picking the Bills. First time facing Hurts who is being considered a top five QB.

Feel like Josh will come out and play an elite game.

McD needs to get out of the way. No field goals on fourth and 3, pops. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Buffalo is a clear underdog facing a 9-1 Super Bowl team. Nationally no one is picking the Bills. First time facing Hurts who is being considered a top five QB.

If I so much as see a single hard count to draw them Offside on 4th and short only to punt, I'm going write a very strongly worded letter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

10-7 probably gets us in…the Texans play the browns still which will catch us up a game on somebody and I don’t really put much stock in the Steelers or the browns with a green backup qb 

You’re dreaming.  As it stands now, we’d lose every tiebreaker to those teams. The Browns have been winning all year with bad quarterbacking. Lose the Eagles game and everything would have to go right over the last 6 weeks for the Bills to get in.  And we certainly won’t be in position to win the AFCE…Miami has a bunch of easy games coming up and they’ve beaten every losing team on their schedule.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

NFLpickwatch sold out and you need a premium subscription to see a lot of the expert picks now lol. From the few they actually still show you a surprising amount picked the bills actually 

33 minutes ago, mannc said:

You’re dreaming.  As it stands now, we’d lose every tiebreaker to those teams. The Browns have been winning all year with bad quarterbacking. Lose the Eagles game and everything would have to go right over the last 6 weeks for the Bills to get in.  And we certainly won’t be in position to win the AFCE…Miami has a bunch of easy games coming up and they’ve beaten every losing team on their schedule.

Have you watched a Steelers game? Lol thinking theyll go below .500 in their final 6 games is dreaming? Come on 

nyt playoff machine has us in the 60-70% range depending on who the wins are against if we get to 10-7.  That’s hardly dreaming. 

Browns have been winning with bad qb play but they will now be getting awful qb play…I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they finished 2-5.  DTR and Kenny Pickett are godawful.  Pit could absolutely finish 3-4 and I genuinely have no idea on the Texans.  Just need one of those 3 to lose games down the stretch 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

15 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

NFLpickwatch sold out and you need a premium subscription to see a lot of the expert picks now lol. From the few they actually still show you a surprising amount picked the bills actually 

Wow. On NFL.com and the Athletic I only saw Eagles picks...

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

nyt playoff machine has us in the 60-70% range depending on who the wins are against if we get to 10-7.  That’s hardly dreaming. 

Not when I try it, I get a lot of 45-50% scenarios at 10-7.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.