No hot water in showers after game NYG @ WAS…

LabattBlue

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Back in the day you could buy a house and a few acres of land for a bushel of huckleberries.  We didn't have to live right on the street. A man could support a family of 13 on a single unskilled manufacturing wage.  People were much tougher back then.  This generation is soft.

you know the guy in inches away from telling us how kids today should be working while going to college so they can completely pay off their loans by the time they're done.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Bro, the Japanese samurai used to kill themselves after losing a battle.  What’s the toughest thing you have done after losing at something?

43 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Listen to my wife gloat.

Little known fact: that's why the Samurai tradition began.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

First world problems. When I lived overseas in Russia where I taught English, heat was turned off by the central heating authority in the summer (heat is pumped in to apartments by a central government location) so I had to take cold showers daily for months. The fact there's complaints about this from grown men is pure first world softness. America is going downhill. 

Yet Russia think they are a first world country... not our fault there are still poorly run nations out there. I'd say you chose to accept substandard living conditions myself. Just because you chose that path doesn't mean you are superior or a tough guy.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

In order to be eligible, you need to be able to cut a penny in half with a pair of ginsu scissors.  

i can do that.  my house is filled with pennies cut in half.

9 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Lol, you can buy a new wife anywhere I'd guess. Unless you might just be one of those having a taste specifically for Asian women...

i don't have a specific taste for asian women, but my wife now is a generic white lady, so i'd like to mix it up.

First world problems. When I lived overseas in Russia where I taught English, heat was turned off by the central heating authority in the summer (heat is pumped in to apartments by a central government location) so I had to take cold showers daily for months. The fact there's complaints about this from grown men is pure first world softness. America is going downhill. 

Yeah, America is really falling behind by having proper plumbing and electricity...

• Like (+1) 1

I grew up in a rural small snowbelt WNY town and had to walk about a mile up my family's  stone drive way (wooded drive way) to the bus stop and stand there in numerous snow storms for anywhere from 10 minutes to 40 minutes (bus driver was often late in the winter and drove like a maniac) due to my school never closing during a snow storm (sat on a bus for 3 hours one morning because we got stuck in the snow during a storm). There was no waiting inside for the bus to come and then walking out (like I see kids doing now)...

So yes soft generation now a days....

Or your generation simply wasn’t smart. 

Edited by Gugny
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

True. 

And it’s nice to be in the first world where there are certain expectations. 😋  

It’s almost hard to believe that this is even a story, and I won’t shed a tear for these guys. But if you check into a Red Roof Inn (are they still around?) you have low expectations, but hot water is on the short list.  When I travel I adjust my expectations. I am on occasion quite surprised by how different things are in places we think of as “civilized.” It’s normal to them, so who am I to judge? 🤷‍♂️

This hot shower thing falls into the life category of…..stuff happens. 

11 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

I grew up in a rural small snowbelt WNY town and had to walk about a mile up my family's  stone drive way (wooded drive way) to the bus stop and stand there in numerous snow storms for anywhere from 10 minutes to 40 minutes (bus driver was often late in the winter and drove like a maniac) due to my school never closing during a snow storm (sat on a bus for 3 hours one morning because we got stuck in the snow during a storm). There was no waiting inside for the bus to come and then walking out (like I see kids doing now)...

So yes soft generation now a days....

You had busses?  What luxury.  Walked almost 2 miles each way to west irondequite high.  My kids are sick of hearing about it.  🙂

Everyone can laugh at this story (and so did I) but when you realize these players are all young millionaires let me ask if you think a group of real estate tycoons would find it acceptable if there was no hot water in their company hotel? I’m guessing not. As with so many other stories…someone needs to get fired!

Edited by SoCal Deek

20 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Little known fact: that's why the Samurai tradition began.

This may explain why men die before their wife’s…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.