Process

Just now, What a Tuel said:

Dorsey gets fired bc:

1: Cook cant hold onto the ball

2: Davis cant hold onto the ball.

3: Josh throws into double coverage

4: Josh drops a handoff on the ground

5: Def (which was stellar) commits PI at end of game

6: Def (which was stellar) has 12 men on the field.

Sounds like players arent executing to me.

STOP USING LOGIC BRO!!!

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

W O R T H    T H E    L O S S

Maybe.  Allen will now have to apply himself to learning a slightly new offense, and will have to think about the consequences for his offseason nonsense and lack of mid-week investment.  The entire Allen/Dorsey era seemed to be “f— around and find out” and now they’ve just found out.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

If you don’t think he was the problem you aren’t watching games, sorry. 

I don’t disagree. 

However. Dorsey didn’t fumble on the first play.

Dorsey didn’t drop an easy pass that ended being being a pick.

Dorsey didn’t throw a stupid sideline interception.

Dorsey didn’t organize the field goal defense where an EXTRA MAN ON THE FIELD caused a game changing penalty.

Dorsey was bad.

But he was like the 5th bad thing last night.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Maybe.  Allen will now have to apply himself to learning a slightly new offense, and will have to think about the consequences for his offseason nonsense and lack of mid-week investment.  The entire Allen/Dorsey era seemed to be “f— around and find out” and now they’ve just found out.

Yep. Ken Dorsey has no excuses. But his buddy Josh Allen has some culpability in his firing. Without doubt.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

It's the correct first step. Whether McD survives until 2024 is a separate issue. This HAD to happen NOW.

Let's see what happens under the change to Brady (and I'm sure Shula helping out).

I'm just glad to see them do SOMETHING, ANYTHING.

100%, he should have been booted weeks ago. Baby steps in the right direction, but the season is probably a wash now, better to focus on the future of the rest of the coaching staff.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

I don’t disagree. 

Dorsey didn’t organize the field goal defense where an EXTRA MAN ON THE FIELD caused a game changing penalty.

Dorsey was bad.

Sure, but I don’t think you fire McD before the end of the season. Least ways not until the season is well and truly over 

• Agree 3

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

You disagree it's a possibility? Ok then. I could not have used broader language. 

oh, I totally agree it possibly buys McD another.  I disagree that it should/will.  But it's totally possible, particularly with this conservative FO.  I hope you are wrong :)

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Should have canned McClappy too, obviously. Dorsey is the scapegoat. He didn’t drop balls or throw INTs or fumble the ball. X4

They aren't going to fire McD mid-season, not as long as the season is still salvageable.

Frankly as much as I'm a critic of the man, I think he's earned that unless the wheels come completely apart over the next few weeks. 

But I think the door is open for him to be fired after this season. I didn't think that would be possible even with our early struggles, but I do now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Yup, McDermott is just saving his neck from the axe, and will lock his job up for another year.

If the new OC does great it shows McD can’t assess offensive coaching talent properly. If he does poorly, it shows McDermott is useless with regards to the offense. 

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. Ken Dorsey has no excuses. But his buddy Josh Allen has some culpability in his firing. Without doubt.

Josh Allen is a child and needs a coach, not another buddy. Agree he is responsible for this. 

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I don’t disagree. 

Dorsey was bad.

this is true.

both offense and defense were a problem. special teams an even bigger problem.

all about mcchump.

• Disagree 1

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Not saying he didn't deserve it, but this is classic scapegoating...McD is still here...so this team will be business as usual (which sucks!)

continue on "the process" to early playoff exits.  This stuff gets college coaches fired, NFL coaches seem to skate on it.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.