So, Diggs saw this coming, no?

TheBrownBear

7 hours ago, Baba Booey said:

Guys hate to say this but Allen isn’t the QB we thought he was. Still making dumb mother fing decisions!!! Should have had another int in the first quarter!! Dude is not good!!

Or is it our play calling is terrible and is painfully predictable...I mean I know when it's 3rd and short I'm going to run it out of the shotgun. I know when we run it successfully I'm going to eliminate play action and spread the field, I know when I have a QB who is very good outside the pocket I'm not going to roll him out. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Murdox said:

Well, since Miami Allen has played the worst football I've seen out of him since his rookie season.  I'm not sure what's going on, but I have to question the coaching staff.  Allen has performed as a top 5 QB the last several years, and there is no reason for him to fall off the cliff like he has.

Don’t forget the Jets game. Josh lost that game all by himself. That wasn’t on coaching. The plays were there for him. He’s been the leader in turnovers from the first game. You guys have to finally admit Josh is part of the problem. 

Edited by Dopey
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

Would Diggs redo his deal so that he becomes tradeable? 

honestly the entire staff needs to be overturned.

cut all special teamers except bass and ferguson

release Hyde, Poyer, Tre

miller and Knox need to be showcased and tried to be moved in 2024.

get a comp pic for Davis.

a busy offseason just to hit the reset button.

showcase a guy on IR?

5 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Diggs has been truly awesome for us. Like a talented big brother. He has CARED more about what happens to the team than anyone.

And so yeah, he’s been right all along. All the way back to the AFC championship game in his first season here.

He did what no one here has the balls to do. He called Allen out in the playoff  loss last year.  For the reasons everyone here wants to brush under the rug. Allen effed up and let fame get to his head. Josh wasn’t in game, mentally. Allen admitted it “wasn’t football related “. You all heard him say it. He blew our chance last year. Any word on who he’s dating now? Taylor Swift is already taken. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

His behavior after the playoff game and the training camp walkout was the canary in the coalmine, so to speak.  He knew nothing would change and that "the process" had run it's course.

Diggs sitting back saying "told you".  

3 hours ago, Pirate Angel said:

Or is it our play calling is terrible and is painfully predictable...I mean I know when it's 3rd and short I'm going to run it out of the shotgun. I know when we run it successfully I'm going to eliminate play action and spread the field, I know when I have a QB who is very good outside the pocket I'm not going to roll him out. 

Play calling doesn't determine you to throw into double or triple coverage all the time, he's just not seeing things right at the moment!!

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

His behavior after the playoff game and the training camp walkout was the canary in the coalmine, so to speak.  He knew nothing would change and that "the process" had run it's course.

Pretty much. As have many former players that have also pointed out the obvious including 'Little Useless' McKenzie. Not a fan but of his but he spelled out exactly why '13 seconds' was the beginning of the end for McD.

1 minute ago, nbbillsfan said:

I am shocked at how little a story Diggs has been.

I figured if we struggled this year (especially in games where he didn't see 10+ targets), he would go off the rails big time and turn into a circus - however, he has been pretty quiet (unless i missed something..).

He's having a monster year, no reason for him to be upset

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

I figured if we struggled this year (especially in games where he didn't see 10+ targets), he would go off the rails big time and turn into a circus - however, he has been pretty quiet (unless i missed something..).

I fear he may be letting his "agent" do the talking: https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/trevon-diggs-has-more-to-say-about-stefon-diggs-josh-allen-and-the-bills

13 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I think Diggs explained exactly what it was in the Rich Eisen interview. 

After Cincinnati he got the feeling of - is this really ever going to happen in Buffalo? Are we really going to win it ALL here? 

And these clown show games - Jets Monday Night, Patriots debacle, barely hanging on against the Giants and Bucs, and last night's 12 men on the field, it has to feel like you're never going to get there with this team. 

And obviously, his brother plays in a bigger market, on a marquee team, so it's going to be this constant Diggs is going to want out. Buffalo has always had no self esteem and bad relationships with star players because they either won't pay, or they eventually blame the losing on the good players and drive them out of town. 

I'm looking at Pegula do something at the end of the year. McDermott has run out of chances to try and get this team over the hump. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Araiza Curse said:

Allen, Diggs, and Kincaid are about the only ones worth keeping around. 

Unfortunately I don’t believe Diggs is the guy he is now, after a re-tooling of that size. I also dont see him sticking around for that. 

If this is the course, you take what you can get for Diggs. His stock is higher than anyone on the team outside of Allen, and we’d need that return. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

13 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

Because he goes off the rails at appropriate times. I know the media likes to portray him as a diva, but he went off the rails 1. AFC Conference Championship game 2. 13 seconds loss. 3. Bengals loss. 

All appropriate times to go crazy trying to rally people during the game, and flying off the handle that we dropped the game afterwards. I wish we had more "divas" like Diggs.

Edit: And no, I didn't forget the stupid non-story from a random 3 day minicamp in which he misses the first day, attends the 2nd, and the team cancels the 3rd because it is such a damn important minicamp.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He's having a monster year, no reason for him to be upset

What are you talking about, I think 5-5 and likely to miss the playoffs is plenty of reason for an emotional guy like Diggs to be upset...

I don't mean this as a good or bad thing, I simply mean if in the offseason you told me the bills would be in this position, with the offense sputtering, I would have all be guaranteed that Diggs would be a sideshow diva on the sideline and I'm surprised huge blowups have not been a regular occurrence this year.

3 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Because he goes off the rails at appropriate times. I know the media likes to portray him as a diva, but he went off the rails 1. AFC Conference Championship game 2. 13 seconds loss. 3. Bengals loss. 

All appropriate times to go crazy trying to rally people during the game, and flying off the handle that we dropped the game afterwards. I wish we had more "divas" like Diggs.

Edit: And no, I didn't forget the stupid non-story from a random 3 day minicamp in which he misses the first day, attends the 2nd, and the team cancels the 3rd because it is such a damn important minicamp.

Believe me or note, no big deal to me, but I am friendly with several current and former bills/NFL players. All of them say some version of Diggs is nice but unstable. 

Meh. I don't like the way he handled Cincinnati. I don't like the way he handled camp. I don't like they he spent 6 months not putting this to bed. I don't like that he has his brother doing his bidding for him. 

Diggs outburst have nothing to do with content and everything to do with delivery.   Being correct doesn't mean you can do and say whatever you want, especially when you are part of a team. 

I am fairly certain Diggs wants out based on his brothers tweets. If Tre is tweeting that Stef made Allen, you best believe that is a conversation that has happened between the two. 

The team is a mess, but it isn't a get out of jail free card for being part of that mess. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, nbbillsfan said:

What are you talking about, I think 5-5 and likely to miss the playoffs is plenty of reason for an emotional guy like Diggs to be upset...

I don't mean this as a good or bad thing, I simply mean if in the offseason you told me the bills would be in this position, with the offense sputtering, I would have all be guaranteed that Diggs would be a sideshow diva on the sideline and I'm surprised huge blowups have not been a regular occurrence this year.

Believe me or note, no big deal to me, but I am friendly with several current and former bills/NFL players. All of them say some version of Diggs is nice but unstable. 

This shows that you, like others were wrong on your perception of Diggs. He was pissed at Josh last year for a particular reason. And it wasn't football related. People heard it straight from Josh's mouth and disregarded the statement to Josh being nice. I said it then, and I'll say it now, Josh saying it wasn't football related was saying too much to the media after that playoff loss to Cincy. 

14 hours ago, Baba Booey said:

Guys hate to say this but Allen isn’t the QB we thought he was. Still making dumb mother fing decisions!!! Should have had another int in the first quarter!! Dude is not good!!

Where are these weirdos suddenly coming out of nowhere from?

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Murdox said:

Well, since Miami Allen has played the worst football I've seen out of him since his rookie season.  I'm not sure what's going on, but I have to question the coaching staff.  Allen has performed as a top 5 QB the last several years, and there is no reason for him to fall off the cliff like he has.

Actually this run of less than spectacular football goes all the way back to the middle of last year, with a few notable exception games sprinkled in

he's been downright foolish with the football for the past calendar year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Diggs is as much to blame as anyone for his QB having to focus on and answer for his drama queen antics.  Now his brother is stirring the pot for him.  Trade him to Carolina for a future 1st round pick.  

We would have to trade him with our first round pick and probably another  pick with it because his cap hit is so high. The idea would be to dump the salary. 

• Dislike 1

So I had an interesting conversation with the sibling of a Bills player (on defense) during the preseason.  They mentioned that Diggs was pissed because he didn't think the Bills were giving him an opportunity to hit his incentives in his contract with the plan on offense. That's why he and McD had it out. 

I don't know how true it is, but that's believable to me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

47 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Actually this run of less than spectacular football goes all the way back to the middle of last year, with a few notable exception games sprinkled in

he's been downright foolish with the football for the past calendar year.

Ever since Dorsey showed up

interesting 

• Eyeroll 1

31 minutes ago, leonbus23 said:

We would have to trade him with our first round pick and probably another  pick with it because his cap hit is so high. The idea would be to dump the salary. 

3 years, $56m with nothing guaranteed is not a bad contract for acquiring team. A team like Carolina is desperate to salvage their investment in Bryce Young.  

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Meh. I don't like the way he handled Cincinnati. I don't like the way he handled camp. I don't like they he spent 6 months not putting this to bed. I don't like that he has his brother doing his bidding for him. 

Diggs outburst have nothing to do with content and everything to do with delivery.   Being correct doesn't mean you can do and say whatever you want, especially when you are part of a team. 

I am fairly certain Diggs wants out based on his brothers tweets. If Tre is tweeting that Stef made Allen, you best believe that is a conversation that has happened between the two. 

The team is a mess, but it isn't a get out of jail free card for being part of that mess. 

Well said.  I agree. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

So I had an interesting conversation with the sibling of a Bills player (on defense) during the preseason.  They mentioned that Diggs was pissed because he didn't think the Bills were giving him an opportunity to hit his incentives in his contract with the plan on offense. That's why he and McD had it out. 

My "source", media guy in Pittsburgh but connections to Buffalo/NFL....now he isn't always correct, but told me in the summer:

1. Cincy playoff: Diggs outburst was directed at Josh, bc he was upset Josh advocated/had more say on hiring Dorsey as Off coordinator and was upset with that decision

2. Offseason/missed day of minicamp: Diggs was told both coordinators would be "evaluated" and changes likely to occur to both.  Dorsey wasn't expected to be retained, at least by Diggs interpretation.  He wasn't happy to say the least, when Coach discussed why they were keeping Dorsey

Take it or leave it.  My media source reached out to me today and has been predicting this for the past few weeks.  But all fans have seen the writing on the wall re: Dorsey, just not sure the Diggs situation is true...but sounds plausible.

EDIT: if true, could explain some of the extra "weight" on Josh shoulders this year, feeling responsible.   Something is definitely weighing on his mind/demeanor, but could be a variety of things

Edited by MasterStrategist
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I believe that, considering the McDermott regime. If we lose Diggs, it’s going to be some truly dark days ahead.

Whatever they do going forward, don’t lose your best offensive weapon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

What's intriguing about this is that it offers more proof of McD's meddling in the O.  He clearly wanted to move away from Daboll's scheme that featured Diggs and got him a lot of production to something that would better compliment his defense.  Can you imagine an experienced veteran OC coming into Buffalo and agreeing to an offensive design that cut down on Allen's running and reduced Diggs role/production?  It would take a young OC who owes his job to the Head Coach to agree to that crap.

Again this is all speculation but it jibes with the other info we've been getting in bits & pieces.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

My "source", media guy in Pittsburgh but connections to Buffalo/NFL....now he isn't always correct, but told me in the summer:

1. Cincy playoff: Diggs outburst was directed at Josh, bc he was upset Josh advocated/had more say on hiring Dorsey as Off coordinator and was upset with that decision

2. Offseason/missed day of minicamp: Diggs was told both coordinators would be "evaluated" and changes likely to occur to both.  Dorsey wasn't expected to be retained, at least by Diggs interpretation.  He wasn't happy to say the least, when Coach discussed why they were keeping Dorsey

Take it or leave it.  My media source reached out to me today and has been predicting this for the past few weeks.  But all fans have seen the writing on the wall re: Dorsey, just not sure the Diggs situation is true...but sounds plausible.

EDIT: if true, could explain some of the extra "weight" on Josh shoulders this year, feeling responsible.   Something is definitely weighing on his mind/demeanor, but could be a variety of things

Yes, that all tracks too.  

I can't confirm/deny what I was told, but I am 100% sure that they are the sibling of a Bills player, it's definitely a game of telephone since the player isn't even on the offense, so take what you will from it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, nbbillsfan said:

It was a talking point with Shannon Sharpe today. He said repeatedly that Trevon Diggs wouldn't tweet it if it didn't come from Stef first. There is no way Sterling Sharpe would publicly put that out there unless it was a conversation they had actually had. Jeff Saturday also agreed, Trevon's tweets are Diggs thoughts. 

Stephen A. doubled down on his offseason statement that Diggs wanted out this offseason. He said he heard it from players that are currently in the league. 

Shower thought: If we used to read tweets on twitter, and twitter is now X. What are the posts? "Did you see what Trevon Diggs X'd?"

39 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I think Josh is pretty fixable though with competent coaches. I don't think he's a lost cause. 

Dude is in his sixth Season as a professional football player. how many times does he need to watch himself on film make the wrong throw to the wrong team over the head of the right guy open at the sticks to learn?

at some point isn’t the coach more of a sidekick or accomplice than an instructive leader for a nearly 30 year old adult ?

what if 2020 was his peak and he doesn’t love the grind it takes anymore? 

What if he is an adrenaline junkie, puking before game and snorting smelling salts and that just can’t get up enough for games anymore.  

This is why i always harp the Brady angle. If he can’t go down that path of being that kind of player, it could be he’s got 2-3 seasons of declining play left and then he’s done. 

I have no confidence firing Dorsey and promoting the next underlining line is going to do much anyway…. Although maybe Doresy being fired will make him feel bad enough that he makes some changes. 

it’s incredible how far this offense has fallen … everyone involved 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.