Travis Kelce on Josh Allen taunting penalty: "So F---- whack"

beebe

2 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

😀

This show makes me not hate Kelce as much and I hate that

At least it might show a little self awareness, I’m sure Kelce knows that he and Mahomes do such things quite frequently. I mentioned that fact when Allen was flagged. 

I think they make a good point that there are far worse things you can do, including screaming in their face and calling them all manner of foul names, but simply pointing is called every time.

They just need to do away with taunting. They can still call really bad stuff under unsportsmanlike conduct. They don't need a separate taunting stuff for these silly things.

Allen was basically saying "Ha! Got you." The defender would probably agree.

• Agree 5

He is friends with Josh so of course he is going to think it was wack.  What makes me angry though is where was the taunting flag in the divisional vs KC when Tyreek gave the deuces to Poyer & co when running by them?  No consistency with these calls.  They call whatever they want whenever they feel like it.

• Sad 1

Just now, 0017 said:

When they called it, I thought it would take away the TD, but they didn’t and in the end it only cost us about 7 yards not, a big deal. Bored Paul Rudd GIF

Pretty sure that was a blown call as far as enforcing it. He wasn't in the end zone yet. The play was still live. I think they realized they were going to have to get a TD reversed based on the loose whistle and panicked. 

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think they make a good point that there are far worse things you can do, including screaming in their face and calling them all manner of foul names, but simply pointing is called every time.

They just need to do away with taunting. They can still call really bad stuff under unsportsmanlike conduct. They don't need a separate taunting stuff for these silly things.

This.  To the letter of the rule it was a penalty.  Just like that throw they called intentional grounding when really the receiver just cut off his route.  There are far worse things like the facemask not called or the sliding tripping tackle not called.  Or in another game the guy taking his helmet off and hitting someone with it not called.  This taunting rule is just stupid.  Even stupider Josh could have gotten ejected for another similar act.  The NFL rules just don't make sense.  Much like some of their fines don't make sense.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, MJS said:

What kills me is that when "finger pointing" is called, it's generally when it's done after the play...not while the play is still going.

8 minutes ago, Special K said:

Not as bad a penalty as the intentional grounding penalty....that one cost the Bills a chance at 3 points.

The one that pissed me 😡 off was right before, blatant tripping that hurt both players involved and would have stopped the clock and put us well within field goal range

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Meatloaf63 said:

So did Joe Burroughs on one of his runs for a first down, but no penalty there…

Also Taylor Britt had a lotta mouth going on towards Bills players after his INT, but no flags thrown his way.

I've actually read Bills haters complain that not only was taunting the right call but that the TD shouldn't have counted because the act happened before Josh crossed the goal line and it should've been assessed from where the penalty took place. Funny stuff🤣

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

in case anyone was wondering what im talking about re:hubbard hit and why Allen likely reacted like that

this is him going for Allen's knees about 4seconds after he released the pass to Diggs

NEfOPG.jpg

I'm pretty sure Allen is just dabbing on this play.  Open your eyes people

3 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Trade him to the Browns for Teller and Goodwin... Clowns for the 🤡 staff! DO OVER! 😄

Lay off the drugs bub

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Not as bad a penalty as the intentional grounding penalty....that one cost the Bills a chance at 3 points.

The worst was the roughing passer.

By rules definition awful.

By judging intent, even worse, my golly.

By result, flipped momentum of game instantly.

Not saying we win, we likely don't, but it was a momentum and morale killer. Crazy thing is NFL killed itself. Game looked like it might be a shootout, and they helped pop the balloon

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.