I’m scared to fire McDermott.

McBean

1 hour ago, BillMafia716ix said:

McDermott is not going anywhere anytime soon. This organization was a dumpster fire before McDermott/Beane showed up. Why are the Bills expectations so high? Because McDermott brought stability to the organization after YEARS of recycling  HC. They would go through a full roster rebuild before they would even consider doing it. 

Who the hell fires a coach who has won over 60% of their games. Has 3 division titles in 4 years and was just 13 seconds away from a SB appearance?? It makes zero sense. It’s not going to happen and its wasted energy to even think about it. 

Yes. We all want a Super Bowl!! So do 31 other teams but this isn’t college football where Georgia or Alabama win it every year. There’s a reason why there hasn’t been a repeat Super Bowl Champion in over 20 years. Because it’s hard to ***** do!! All you can ask for in this league is the opportunity to win a superbowl and since McDermott has been here, the Bills have been in the conversation to win it. Do they need to make changes? Absolutely. But changing HC isn’t one of them. 

1. JOSH ALLEN brought years of stability to the QB position, the MAIN REASON why we were in the desert for so many years.

2. Marty Schottenheimer, that's who. It's happened before, and that's off the top of my head.

3. The sum total of what is going on with the Bills points to major staff issues, and you are in the minority... the changes have been making us WORSE.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No accountability after 13 seconds. A funk after the GB last year, then getting throttled by Cinci in the playoffs.

After the London game with the Bills losing Milano & Jones on top of losing White vs. Miami, the very first thing I said was we needed to go all gas and just outscore everyone even if it meant a high-scoring shootout.

This team, and specifically the way Allen is wired, does SO much better up-tempo/no-huddle. We are an unstoppable wagon. Then we go conservative, predictable, and easy to defend, and lose all momentum.

"Let's stop doing what's working and switch to something with "more balance" - which stalls us and puts more pressure on an already depleted defense.

The $90m question is who is pulling the strings on blowing up our fast-break offense? Why would an OC do that? There's your answer.

Would McDermott rather lose 24-18 vs. 45-42 because the latter would expose his defense and his ego as a defensive mind?

Is Pegula that detached/ineffective to not see/hear what is going on? There is a rotten elephant in the room that no one wants to own up to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I think things would need to get really ugly in the lockerroom (and on the field) in order for Pegula to consider moving on from McDermott.

The best thing to hope for, if hoping for change, is a good-faith effort to hire good coordinators on both sides of the ball (and obviously includes replacing Dorsey).

As far as a house cleaning like many want/suggest, and I am open to it.  Sure....  But I have less than zero faith in Terry Pegula in hiring a new head coach or GM or anything.  

Diggs (the franchise’s 1B superstar) storming off after the playoff loss then being “sent home” by a “very concerned” McD wasn’t a big enough red flag this team has quit on Coach 13 Seconds.  

I saw enough after that moment instantly everything how it will play out flashed before my eyes and it has.  It is.  TWO seasons removed from it now.  Wasted.  

I’m not writing this season off btw.  But until we’re not —-NINTH in the conference or whatever beyond week 10 I’m considering the first 9 weeks the trend - BUT we have Josh so anything is possible.  

• Agree 2

How many years McDermott get based on breaking the playoff curse?  We need to go 6-11 to get him fired?  Never gonna happen  Josh won 6 games with half a roster cap of a team and Kelvin Biscuit Benjamin as the #1  Only way MCDermott leaves is if they realize we've gone as far as we can with him and his process

• Agree 2

58 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yeah, I'm not willing to waste Josh's 2nd half of his career on the assumption that McD will someday "figure it out".  Sean has had 7 years and plenty of opportunities to display an elite level of game day abilities.  His defense blew a 16-0 lead in Houston.  His defense got run over in the 2020 afccg.  His defense performed one of the all time (:13)  meltdowns in NFL history a year later.  And against Cincy, his defense gave up 14 points before I even had time to get to the fridge.  If you grade him as a HR director,  he gets an A.  If you grade him as a game manager, he gets a C.  And he makes sure he never runs out of scapegoats. I'm done...hire BJ.

I can't disagree, as a game manager he has been extremely average, and doesn't always appear to be up to the challenge of the moment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Diggs (the franchise’s 1B superstar) storming off after the playoff loss then being “sent home” by a “very concerned” McD wasn’t a big enough red flag this team has quit on Coach 13 Seconds.  

I saw enough after that moment instantly everything how it will play out flashed before my eyes and it has.  It is.  TWO seasons removed from it now.  Wasted.  

I’m not writing this season off btw.  But until we’re not —-NINTH in the conference or whatever beyond week 10 I’m considering the first 9 weeks the trend - BUT we have Josh so anything is possible.  

I'm not writing off the season yet either but they need 10 or 11 wins.  At 5 now.  So find 5 or 6 more.

While nothing for certain, let's say Denver and New England.  That gets them to 7.

That leaves

Kansas City

New York

Dallas

Philadelphia

Los Angeles

Miami

Let's say they win the 2 remaing division games which is debatable but that gets them to 9.  Of the games left maybe the Chargers gets them to 10 so to get to 11 they need 1 out of the Chiefs, Eagles, or Cowboys.  I just don't see that happening unless there's some big improvement or guys get healthy in the next few weeks.  That doesn't look likely.

We can complain about McDermott all we want and come up with reasons he should be fired.

It isn't going to happen.

He just got an extension this Offseason. He and Beane are tight. We went from the laughing stock of the league to a perennial contender under this regime.

If you think Beane is going to fire him after one bad season where we had our Defense decimated or that Pegula is going to step in and reset the team back to what it was when he came in, you're kidding yourself.

If anything is going to happen, Dorsey will take the fall and they'll find a new OC. It's going to take more than one year of missing the Playoffs. McDermott will have to lose the team, chief among them Josh, and have at least 2 bad years in a row before anything happens.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

We can complain about McDermott all we want and come up with reasons he should be fired.

He just got an extension this Offseason. He and Beane are tight. We went from the laughing stock of the league to a perennial contender under this regime.

If you think Beane is going to fire him after one bad season where we had our Defense decimated or that Pegula is going to step in and reset the team back to what it was when he came in, you're kidding yourself.

If anything is going to happen, Dorsey will take the fall and they'll find a new OC. It's going to take more than one year of missing the Playoffs. McDermott will have to lose the team, chief among them Josh, and have at least 2 bad years in a row before anything happens.

McD has never brought in a too flight OC, hopefully that changes this summer. 

Beane and McDermott would have to be fired together. Cardinals had no problem axing their regime after extensions, but I doubt that interests Pegula financially. I guess removing Dorsey buys McDermott yet another season. I’m more worried about Beane overseeing what likely will amount to a substantial roster overhaul. Or even worse, he tries to run it back to save his job.

3 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

End of the year presser with beans and McDermott drinking game words/phrases:

"Don't want to make excuses but..."

"Injuries"

"Evaluate"

"Disappointed"

"Process"

"Learn from our mistakes"

"Blue collar"

Can't forget the newest McD aphorism - "complementary football."  Whatever that is.

As to firing McD...I can't see Terry eating 2 years of McD's salary.  Perhaps if there was significant media focus, but Buffalo doesn't have that. 

Edited by BillsVet
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

No accountability after 13 seconds. A funk after the GB last year, then getting throttled by Cinci in the playoffs.

After the London game with the Bills losing Milano & Jones on top of losing White vs. Miami, the very first thing I said was we needed to go all gas and just outscore everyone even if it meant a high-scoring shootout.

This team, and specifically the way Allen is wired, does SO much better up-tempo/no-huddle. We are an unstoppable wagon. Then we go conservative, predictable, and easy to defend, and lose all momentum.

"Let's stop doing what's working and switch to something with "more balance" - which stalls us and puts more pressure on an already depleted defense.

The $90m question is who is pulling the strings on blowing up our fast-break offense? Why would an OC do that? There's your answer.

Would McDermott rather lose 24-18 vs. 45-42 because the latter would expose his defense and his ego as a defensive mind?

Is Pegula that detached/ineffective to not see/hear what is going on? There is a rotten elephant in the room that no one wants to own up to.

You get it...boggles my mind how anyone can point anywhere other than McDermott for our shortcomings at this point...he was needed in the beginning but now he is actually hurting this team

41 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I truly think bean answers to MCDERMOTT honestly

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

I forgot to address the Diggs issues in my original post.

Great point. Add that to the list against McClap.

This guy HAS to go folks. 

9 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

You get it...boggles my mind how anyone can point anywhere other than McDermott for our shortcomings at this point...he was needed in the beginning but now he is actually hurting this team

I truly think bean answers to MCDERMOTT honestly

100% Beane does.

Sean is the czar. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, McBean said:

“lOoK AT ouR pREVioUs cOaChes mAN. NOt woRTH THe RiSk.”

Let’s address this coward mentality. Conservative mentality. No dog mentality. The soft mentality the Buffalo media has accepted along with some fans here.

Bills previous head coaches in the 2000’s and their QB’s up until McClappy was hired.

Wade- Flutie and Johnson

Williams- Johnson and Bledsoe

Mularkey- Bledsoe

Jauron- Losman and Checkdown Edwards

Gailey- Fitz

Marrone- Manuel and Orton

Rex- Tee Rod

McClap- Tee Rod and Allen

You notice something? Yeah, all of the prior coaches had horrible QB’s and lost here. Shocker!

Myth: “He (McClap) changed the culture 

Fact: We had a negative point differential and a soft schedule in 2017 when the drought was broken. He punted in OT against Indy and was playing for the tie. A fumble led to a win. Also, a guy named Andy Dalton threw a pass that was nothing short of a miracle to get us in. The following season we stunk and got lucky to land Allen. Ever since, the clown coach has hid behind his star QB. Look at the terrible losses over the years. At JAX, at NE, ran over by Jonathan Taylor, Houston playoff meltdown, curb stomped by Cincy last playoffs…

Myth: “Let’s fire Dorsey. It’s his fault.”

Fact:  Last year it was fire Frazier. It’s his fault. Leslie got the blame. Now, some of you are falling right into the same trap this Czar is going to spew at years end. Reality is if we hire a bright offensive mind who flourishes here, that guy is now gone in 2 years or less and we are stuck doing the same thing over. O, and even a great OC can’t cover up your clown HC horrible in game decision making. Your OC can’t cover up the obsession with defensive picks and big money to that side of the ball. Your OC can’t cover up the conservative scared coaching approaches like punting before half or kicking field goals down 2 scores. YOUR OC CANT COVER UP 13 SECONDS.

In conclusion, I’m sick and freakin tired of the scared Buffalo media who won’t call this guy out. Guys like Adam Schein and Ross Tucker don’t hesitate to address the incompetence of McClap. Last comments…

Jerry Kraus told Doug Collins to hit the bricks and promoted a guy named Phil Jackson to get the Bulls over the hump led by a guy named Michael Jordan. Did it work? 6 rings boss.

Warriors told Mark Jackson to hit the bricks and hired a guy named Steve Kerr. Did it work? 4 rings.

Brass Balls Howie Roseman told his SUPER BOWL WINNING COACH DOUG PEDERSON YOU’RE FIRED PAL TWO YEARS POST LOMBARDI! Did it work? Eagles #1 team in the league. Super Bowl appearance last year. Humming on offense. Sirriani aggressive coach who could coach circles around McClap. Incredible offensive line. Weapons galore. Has made Jalen Hurts into an MVP.

You guys want to sit back and take this crap? Be my guest. I’ve pounded the table for 3 years to get this bozo out of WNY. Now, some are finally thinking I’m not crazy. You’re seeing it in front of your eyes folks. We are wasting a Hall of Fame QB. We are wasting time. We are wasting our best chance ever to win a Super Bowl title. To get this dark cloud over with. To bring a trophy home to WNY. For Bills Mafia across the world. How can we better our chances? Simple…

Terry, please God do the right thing and FIRE SEAN MCDERMOTT.

Nothing I hate more than when someone beats around the bush. 

14 hours ago, McBean said:

Let’s address this coward mentality. Conservative mentality. No dog mentality. The soft mentality the Buffalo media has accepted along with some fans here.

Bills previous head coaches in the 2000’s and their QB’s up until McClappy was hired.

Wade- Flutie and Johnson

Mularkey- Bledsoe

Gailey- Fitz

Rex- Tee Rod

You notice something? Yeah, all of the prior coaches had horrible QB’s and lost here. Shocker!

Fact: We had a negative point differential and a soft schedule in 2017 when the drought was broken. He punted in OT against Indy and was playing for the tie. A fumble led to a win. Also, a guy named Andy Dalton threw a pass that was nothing short of a miracle to get us in. The following season we stunk and got lucky to land Allen. Ever since, the clown coach has hid behind his star QB. Look at the terrible losses over the years. At JAX, at NE, ran over by Jonathan Taylor, Houston playoff meltdown, curb stomped by Cincy last playoffs…

Fact:  Last year it was fire Frazier. It’s his fault. Leslie got the blame. Now, some of you are falling right into the same trap this Czar is going to spew at years end. Reality is if we hire a bright offensive mind who flourishes here, that guy is now gone in 2 years or less and we are stuck doing the same thing over. O, and even a great OC can’t cover up your clown HC horrible in game decision making. Your OC can’t cover up the obsession with defensive picks and big money to that side of the ball. Your OC can’t cover up the conservative scared coaching approaches like punting before half or kicking field goals down 2 scores. YOUR OC CANT COVER UP 13 SECONDS.

In conclusion, I’m sick and freakin tired of the scared Buffalo media who won’t call this guy out. Guys like Adam Schein and Ross Tucker don’t hesitate to address the incompetence of McClap. Last comments…

Jerry Kraus told Doug Collins to hit the bricks and promoted a guy named Phil Jackson to get the Bulls over the hump led by a guy named Michael Jordan. Did it work? 6 rings boss.

Warriors told Mark Jackson to hit the bricks and hired a guy named Steve Kerr. Did it work? 4 rings.

Brass Balls Howie Roseman told his SUPER BOWL WINNING COACH DOUG PEDERSON YOU’RE FIRED PAL TWO YEARS POST LOMBARDI! Did it work? Eagles #1 team in the league. Super Bowl appearance last year. Humming on offense. Sirriani aggressive coach who could coach circles around McClap. Incredible offensive line. Weapons galore. Has made Jalen Hurts into an MVP.

You guys want to sit back and take this crap? Be my guest. I’ve pounded the table for 3 years to get this bozo out of WNY. Now, some are finally thinking I’m not crazy. You’re seeing it in front of your eyes folks. We are wasting a Hall of Fame QB. We are wasting time. We are wasting our best chance ever to win a Super Bowl title. To get this dark cloud over with. To bring a trophy home to WNY. For Bills Mafia across the world. How can we better our chances? Simple…

McDermott fixed the ship but is not the captain to sail it

14 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

You make some valid points, but stop banging your head against a brick wall.  Terry is not firing McD this year, next year or any other year in the near future. 

So Terry Pegula is fine with a potential half empty new Highmark Stadium? Who is paying thousands of dollars for PSL’s for 5 more years of Sean McDermott in the hunt teams? So I don’t buy that Terry Pegula doesn’t have a breaking point with Sean McDermott especially if Sean McDermott potentially loses the locker room like the Las Vegas Raiders head coach Josh McDaniels did? I don’t think Terry Pegula is so loyal to Sean McDermott he is willing to have a potential half empty stadium. The Buffalo Bills are in unprecedented territory they are about to ask Buffalo Bills fans for PSL’s and higher ticket prices for a mediocre football in the hunt football product again? With the difference it’s not cheap tickets anymore that is the difference. We will all see how Western New York responds to in the hunt Sean McDermott era teams for huge season ticket increases in the new Highmark Stadium? I don’t believe that tailgating wipes away Sean McDermott in the hunt teams yearly potentially? Not with PSL’s Western New York doesn’t have enough Bills fans with unlimited money to throw away on a in the hunt NFL head coach Sean McDermott. We will see it will be interesting what the Buffalo Bills ownership does? A lot of determining Sean McDermott being retained might be how many Bills fans renew their Bills season memberships for more of head coach Sean McDermott in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

16 hours ago, SCBills said:

We all know how this plays out.

McDermott gets next year, no matter what.

The only question is whether Dorsey gets let go.

I would hope McDermott's recent answers to questions about the Offense, when paired with the fact his bread and butter (Defense) has become the worst statistical defense in the league after getting hit with the injury bug, would finally open eyes at OBD.. but he has his built in excuse, along with a fall guy.

He's going to be here next year. 

No matter how this season turns out, the Bills will have their end of season meetings together and with Pegula and I’m sure the issues with the offense will be discussed.  Depending on what type of person Dorsey is, he will either resign and go away quietly, or be fired.  My money is on the latter as he has shown to be an emotional person.

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

No matter how this season turns out, the Bills will have their end of season meetings together and with Pegula and I’m sure the issues with the offense will be discussed.  Depending on what type of person Dorsey is, he will either resign and go away quietly, or be fired.  My money is on the latter as he has shown to be an emotional person.

Dorsey at the end of the year meeting:

images.jpg.86f7df10a0fbc6b7a614c287237d2929.jpg

Edited by BillsPride12

20 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

You make some valid points, but stop banging your head against a brick wall.  Terry is not firing McD this year, next year or any other year in the near future. 

He won't fire him this offseason but if the 2024 season goes south then all bets are off. Terry is not afraid to make changes as we have seen with the Sabres over the years.

20 hours ago, McBean said:

Wade- Flutie and Johnson

Mularkey- Bledsoe

Gailey- Fitz

Rex- Tee Rod

Wade Phillips was better coach then McD to me! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

I live in the DC metro area and watched Washington blow it with both Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay.

Some other team is going to ***** up Ben Johnson and we're going to have to sit and watch it happen.  

Edit* When has that edited word ever been a problem?

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Can't forget the newest McD aphorism - "complementary football."  Whatever that is.

"Golly, Diggs!  Nice catch!"

"Keep it up, Elam, you're getting it!"

"Tough break, Gabe.  Maybe next series!"

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BillsVet said:

As to firing McD...I can't see Terry eating 2 years of McD's salary.  Perhaps if there was significant media focus, but Buffalo doesn't have that. 

Why not? 

TPegs has had no problem firing bad coaches and GMs with the Sabres.

He bought the Sabres in 2011 

Fired Ruff / Regier 

Hired / fired coaches Rolston, Nolan, Bylsma, Housley, Krueger and has hopefully found something with Granato

Hired / fired GMs Murry, Botterill and now on Adams

So to sit there and say TPegs wont fire McDumbf**k is myopic in my opinion. His track record speaks other wise that he keeps trying to get it right by hiring and firing and right now McDumbf**k isn't getting the job done and anyone with eyeballs can see the regression and impending player mutiny. This is McDumbf**ks baby so he needs to take the fall, not Beane or Dorsey or Daboll or Fraizer(even though I think he stinks) or any other coach. Only option is rid this team of the cancer that has formed and fire Sean!

• Thank you (+1) 1

i hate watching what this team does in losses so much that it kills the joy of being a fan.  for that reason alone, i want the front office gone.

in reality, i think if we miss the playoffs, or if we are one and done in the playoffs, the whole squad gets sent packing.

the biggest knock on rex was his silly d required one of like 3 vets at each of 7 positions or else his precious scheme falls apart.

well, we decided to pony up long dollars for two older injured safeties, highly drafted rookies can't get burn, and we dropped picks and dollars galore into our d line where most of the talent is on the bench because we rotate so heavy, yet linval joeseph coming off the couch at age 36 was our best lineman.  

this situation kinda reminds me of the aaron rogers GB packers.  everyone said aaron's attitude or whatever is why they never won more than 1 chip in spite of hitting crazy reg season wins and making the nfc chip game so often, but im starting to think aaron just saw how his FO couldn't pull their heads out of their butts and he carried them (in a weak division/conference mind you) further than they should have gone.  im starting to suspect we are seeing the same situation w allen on our team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Wade Phillips was better coach then McD to me! 

I can't agree, Phillips sticking by his ST coach after the Music City Miracle debacle and way he approached the Flutie/Johnson was comical at best. Toss in he still had some of the HOF talent that Levy left him with. McDermott truly changed this team to be one of the bottom feeders to a team that been in the discussion as the leagues best. The only other coach to do that in our history IMO was Knox. Levy gets credit but think he lucked into getting a great DE developing and getting a franchise QB who developed in another league fall into his lap. 

Edited by The Jokeman

11 hours ago, BillsVet said:

That's why I think/said earlier in the thread, that the only way this happens, is if the lockerroom gets ugly and it percolates to public view.

Local media doesn't matter.  It would be a huge story in the national NFL media. 

Pegula has always been reluctant to make coaching/GM changes, but when his team(s) are getting crushed by the media, it gets embarrassing, and he is left with little choice, he pulls the plug. 

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I can't agree, Phillips sticking by his ST coach after the Music City Miracle debacle and way he approached the Flutie/Johnson was comical at best. Toss in he still had some of the HOF talent that Levy left him with. McDermott truly changed this team to be one of the bottom feeders to a team that been in the discussion as the leagues best. The only other coach to do that in our history IMO was Knox. Levy gets credit but think he lucked into getting a great DE developing and getting a franchise QB who developed in another league fall into his lap. 

The hofers were all pretty much past there primes by 99 also the QB situation was forced by Ralph. Yes the music city miracle was a disaster but 13 secs to me was just as bad if not worse considering the Titans did throw that ball slightly forward and it should’ve been brought back. Wade had this team balling the following yr until the disaster at Tampa when we suffered major injuries to our defense Sam Cowart tore his Achilles, Keion Carpenter ,Antione Winfield & Pat Williams were all injured in that game. Wade was fired that offseason and Greg Williams broke the team up. Btw Sam Cowart was never the same after that injury he was on track for nearly 300 tackles that yr he was the best lber I ever saw in a Bills Uni and could’ve been a hofer had his career not been derailed by injuries. Wade wasn’t perfect but he never had the talent that McD has and he had us playing at high level as a team. Btw the defense Wade had vs Tenn was a Super Bowl caliber defense and we probably would’ve beaten the Rams that yr . 

23 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Levy clears mcdermott and its not even close. But objectively they have both been failures falling short of the ultimate goal.

57 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

Why not? 

Fired Ruff / Regier 

Hired / fired coaches Rolston, Nolan, Bylsma, Housley, Krueger and has hopefully found something with Granato

So to sit there and say TPegs wont fire McDumbf**k is myopic in my opinion. His track record speaks other wise that he keeps trying to get it right by hiring and firing and right now McDumbf**k isn't getting the job done and anyone with eyeballs can see the regression and impending player mutiny. This is McDumbf**ks baby so he needs to take the fall, not Beane or Dorsey or Daboll or Fraizer(even though I think he stinks) or any other coach. Only option is rid this team of the cancer that has formed and fire Sean!

Ruff is a great coach they should’ve kept him. 

22 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

OC Johnson from Det.  

OC Johnson from PHL.  

OC Kellen Moore Chargers. 

OC Bienemy Commanders. 

why?  The trend is downward.  Why give him another shot.  He is wasting JA.  He's proven he can't get it done.  

I’ll take Ben Johnson any day over McD. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, LarryMadman said:

Why not? 

Fired Ruff / Regier 

Sabres were horrible over all of those years.  Bills have become perennial playoff participants. 

Maybe in a big market with a media asking questions a HC is fired who doesn't make the jump from playoffs to championship level.  Not Buffalo.  Media tip-toes around issues and doesn't demand accountability.  There used to be media types who did, but they're either gone now or don't have the forum anymore.  

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

That's why I think/said earlier in the thread, that the only way this happens, is if the lockerroom gets ugly and it percolates to public view.

Local media doesn't matter.  It would be a huge story in the national NFL media. 

Pegula has always been reluctant to make coaching/GM changes, but when his team(s) are getting crushed by the media, it gets embarrassing, and he is left with little choice, he pulls the plug. 

The local media does matter, but would agree if it elevated to the national level it could prompt the owner to act.  I still don't see local media making a stink over the HC's off-season and in-game decisions.  

Besides, TPegs' MO has always been to give their coaches what they say they need...until they don't give them it anymore.  In that way, he's somewhat mercurial like his predecessor.    

Thing everyone is missing here is that the Bills are making money.  And, TPegs is on the hook for the remainder of the stadium costs.  Eating salary is probably not on his list of things to do in the interest of being more competitive.  This is a business after all.  

42 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

The hofers were all pretty much past there primes by 99 also the QB situation was forced by Ralph. Yes the music city miracle was a disaster but 13 secs to me was just as bad if not worse considering the Titans did throw that ball slightly forward and it should’ve been brought back. Wade had this team balling the following yr until the disaster at Tampa when we suffered major injuries to our defense Sam Cowart tore his Achilles, Keion Carpenter ,Antione Winfield & Pat Williams were all injured in that game. Wade was fired that offseason and Greg Williams broke the team up. Btw Sam Cowart was never the same after that injury he was on track for nearly 300 tackles that yr he was the best lber I ever saw in a Bills Uni and could’ve been a hofer had his career not been derailed by injuries. Wade wasn’t perfect but he never had the talent that McD has and he had us playing at high level as a team. Btw the defense Wade had vs Tenn was a Super Bowl caliber defense and we probably would’ve beaten the Rams that yr . 

Sam Cowart's was one of the most unfortunate injuries of my time as a Bills fan. He was on track to become a very special player.

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

With the way that he handled Rob Johnson/Flutie??

That wasn’t his call that was Ralph Wilson . Johnson was coming off a meaningless week 17 game in which he looked great vs Peyton Manning Colts team. Flutie was struggling a bit towards the end of the season the call came from Ralph to make that move. 

On 11/7/2023 at 10:46 AM, McBean said:

Wade- Flutie and Johnson

Mularkey- Bledsoe

Gailey- Fitz

Rex- Tee Rod

It's a great post and I've been pounding this in for a while now. I do think more and more people are finally waking up here though. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/7/2023 at 10:59 AM, zow2 said:

The fact is, while this particular offense is stuck in the mud, for a myriad of reasons.  Mcdermott has presided over one of the most prolific NFL offenses for a few years prior. The Bills point differential compared to the rest of the league was out of sight prior to this year. 

So at the end of the day, i do not think Pegula and Beane will fire him.  they will find a new offensive coordinator 

I'm not even fully sold on the fire mcd crowd, but I'm so sick of hearing about point differential. I legit don't care about how much we win by, or how much we blow a bad team out by, I want to win period.

Same way Lamar is the the "Mr April" to Reggie Jackson's "Mr October", Sean is until he's gone or proves he can take this team deep again.

Heck I don't think he's a bad coach, if I was a fan of a different team I'd be stoked to scoop him up. I'm not even saying he can't win one elsewhere down the road, but I think he's lost the confidence of this team, and a shakeup is due... IF we can line up a bona-fide offensive minded coach.

That said, I think Sean is smart and could do better down the road, learn from his mistakes here and implement changes early tenure at the new spot. Wish he could've done it here, best coach I've seen as a 35yr old in Buffalo but really just seems time to me. Hope Beane stays 1,000%

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.