I’m scared to fire McDermott.

McBean

“lOoK AT ouR pREVioUs cOaChes mAN. NOt woRTH THe RiSk.”

Let’s address this coward mentality. Conservative mentality. No dog mentality. The soft mentality the Buffalo media has accepted along with some fans here.

Bills previous head coaches in the 2000’s and their QB’s up until McClappy was hired.

Wade- Flutie and Johnson

Williams- Johnson and Bledsoe

Mularkey- Bledsoe

Jauron- Losman and Checkdown Edwards

Gailey- Fitz

Marrone- Manuel and Orton

Rex- Tee Rod

McClap- Tee Rod and Allen

You notice something? Yeah, all of the prior coaches had horrible QB’s and lost here. Shocker!

Myth: “He (McClap) changed the culture 

Fact: We had a negative point differential and a soft schedule in 2017 when the drought was broken. He punted in OT against Indy and was playing for the tie. A fumble led to a win. Also, a guy named Andy Dalton threw a pass that was nothing short of a miracle to get us in. The following season we stunk and got lucky to land Allen. Ever since, the clown coach has hid behind his star QB. Look at the terrible losses over the years. At JAX, at NE, ran over by Jonathan Taylor, Houston playoff meltdown, curb stomped by Cincy last playoffs…

Myth: “Let’s fire Dorsey. It’s his fault.”

Fact:  Last year it was fire Frazier. It’s his fault. Leslie got the blame. Now, some of you are falling right into the same trap this Czar is going to spew at years end. Reality is if we hire a bright offensive mind who flourishes here, that guy is now gone in 2 years or less and we are stuck doing the same thing over. O, and even a great OC can’t cover up your clown HC horrible in game decision making. Your OC can’t cover up the obsession with defensive picks and big money to that side of the ball. Your OC can’t cover up the conservative scared coaching approaches like punting before half or kicking field goals down 2 scores. YOUR OC CANT COVER UP 13 SECONDS.

In conclusion, I’m sick and freakin tired of the scared Buffalo media who won’t call this guy out. Guys like Adam Schein and Ross Tucker don’t hesitate to address the incompetence of McClap. Last comments…

Jerry Kraus told Doug Collins to hit the bricks and promoted a guy named Phil Jackson to get the Bulls over the hump led by a guy named Michael Jordan. Did it work? 6 rings boss.

Warriors told Mark Jackson to hit the bricks and hired a guy named Steve Kerr. Did it work? 4 rings.

Brass Balls Howie Roseman told his SUPER BOWL WINNING COACH DOUG PEDERSON YOU’RE FIRED PAL TWO YEARS POST LOMBARDI! Did it work? Eagles #1 team in the league. Super Bowl appearance last year. Humming on offense. Sirriani aggressive coach who could coach circles around McClap. Incredible offensive line. Weapons galore. Has made Jalen Hurts into an MVP.

You guys want to sit back and take this crap? Be my guest. I’ve pounded the table for 3 years to get this bozo out of WNY. Now, some are finally thinking I’m not crazy. You’re seeing it in front of your eyes folks. We are wasting a Hall of Fame QB. We are wasting time. We are wasting our best chance ever to win a Super Bowl title. To get this dark cloud over with. To bring a trophy home to WNY. For Bills Mafia across the world. How can we better our chances? Simple…

Terry, please God do the right thing and FIRE SEAN MCDERMOTT.

Edited by McBean
  • Like (+1) 14
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 24
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 7
  • Dislike 4

Just now, LabattBlue said:

You make some valid points, but stop banging your head against a brick wall.  Terry is not firing McD this year, next year or any other year in the near future. 

But why not? Why why why?

How in the world can our owner not see this? How can he not get through his skull we are MAXED out with Sean? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, McBean said:

Let’s address this coward mentality. Conservative mentality. No dog mentality. The soft mentality the Buffalo media has accepted along with some fans here.

Bills previous head coaches in the 2000’s and their QB’s up until McClappy was hired.

Wade- Flutie and Johnson

Mularkey- Bledsoe

Gailey- Fitz

Rex- Tee Rod

You notice something? Yeah, all of the prior coaches had horrible QB’s and lost here. Shocker!

Fact: We had a negative point differential and a soft schedule in 2017 when the drought was broken. He punted in OT against Indy and was playing for the tie. A fumble led to a win. Also, a guy named Andy Dalton threw a pass that was nothing short of a miracle to get us in. The following season we stunk and got lucky to land Allen. Ever since, the clown coach has hid behind his star QB. Look at the terrible losses over the years. At JAX, at NE, ran over by Jonathan Taylor, Houston playoff meltdown, curb stomped by Cincy last playoffs…

Fact:  Last year it was fire Frazier. It’s his fault. Leslie got the blame. Now, some of you are falling right into the same trap this Czar is going to spew at years end. Reality is if we hire a bright offensive mind who flourishes here, that guy is now gone in 2 years or less and we are stuck doing the same thing over. O, and even a great OC can’t cover up your clown HC horrible in game decision making. Your OC can’t cover up the obsession with defensive picks and big money to that side of the ball. Your OC can’t cover up the conservative scared coaching approaches like punting before half or kicking field goals down 2 scores. YOUR OC CANT COVER UP 13 SECONDS.

In conclusion, I’m sick and freakin tired of the scared Buffalo media who won’t call this guy out. Guys like Adam Schein and Ross Tucker don’t hesitate to address the incompetence of McClap. Last comments…

Jerry Kraus told Doug Collins to hit the bricks and promoted a guy named Phil Jackson to get the Bulls over the hump led by a guy named Michael Jordan. Did it work? 6 rings boss.

Warriors told Mark Jackson to hit the bricks and hired a guy named Steve Kerr. Did it work? 4 rings.

Brass Balls Howie Roseman told his SUPER BOWL WINNING COACH DOUG PEDERSON YOU’RE FIRED PAL TWO YEARS POST LOMBARDI! Did it work? Eagles #1 team in the league. Super Bowl appearance last year. Humming on offense. Sirriani aggressive coach who could coach circles around McClap. Incredible offensive line. Weapons galore. Has made Jalen Hurts into an MVP.

You guys want to sit back and take this crap? Be my guest. I’ve pounded the table for 3 years to get this bozo out of WNY. Now, some are finally thinking I’m not crazy. You’re seeing it in front of your eyes folks. We are wasting a Hall of Fame QB. We are wasting time. We are wasting our best chance ever to win a Super Bowl title. To get this dark cloud over with. To bring a trophy home to WNY. For Bills Mafia across the world. How can we better our chances? Simple…

You described everything to perfection..100% spot on!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, McBean said:

Wade- Flutie and Johnson

Mularkey- Bledsoe

Gailey- Fitz

Rex- Tee Rod

I'm getting the impression that you have some strong feelings about this.

• Haha (+1) 11

6 minutes ago, McBean said:

Wade- Flutie and Johnson

Mularkey- Bledsoe

Gailey- Fitz

Rex- Tee Rod

Yeah, it's past time and he has to go.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

The title does not accurately depict the topic of this thread, you should probably change it to make it reflect that.

Ok, how can I do that?

thabks 

1 minute ago, Dan Darragh said:

I'm getting the impression that you have some strong feelings about this.

More than strong. The guy has ruined my joy of Bills football. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

McClap needs to move past lack of rhythm, poor "complimentary" football and lack of execution as excuses for why this team is struggling.  Get to the ROOT of the problem by looking in the mirror.  

He is a defensive minded coach but needs a coordinator on defense and a STRONG one on offense.  Until that happens this team will continue to struggle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nuncha said:

McClap needs to move past lack of rhythm, poor "complimentary" football and lack of execution as excuses for why this team is struggling.  Get to the ROOT of the problem by looking in the mirror.  

He is a defensive minded coach but needs a coordinator on defense and a STRONG one on offense.  Until that happens this team will continue to struggle.

I agree but we will lose the strong OC and the root (McDermott) is still here.

• Agree 1

The fact is, while this particular offense is stuck in the mud, for a myriad of reasons.  Mcdermott has presided over one of the most prolific NFL offenses for a few years prior. The Bills point differential compared to the rest of the league was out of sight prior to this year. 

So at the end of the day, i do not think Pegula and Beane will fire him.  they will find a new offensive coordinator 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

We all know how this plays out.

McDermott gets next year, no matter what.

The only question is whether Dorsey gets let go.

I would hope McDermott's recent answers to questions about the Offense, when paired with the fact his bread and butter (Defense) has become the worst statistical defense in the league after getting hit with the injury bug, would finally open eyes at OBD.. but he has his built in excuse, along with a fall guy.

He's going to be here next year. 

12 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

You make some valid points, but stop banging your head against a brick wall.  Terry is not firing McD this year, next year or any other year in the near future. 

won't be so sure about that.  Will be awful hard to sell tickets to a new stadium with early playoff exits when you have Allen.  Unless we are a fanbase of morons who accept mediocrity.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I dont think McDermott deserves to be fired after 1 bad season. I don’t think it’s a smart way to run your franchise. 

13 seconds: bad season.  

Last season: bad ending.  

This season: even worse.  

See a trend: regression!   

• Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, McBean said:

I agree but we will lose the strong OC and the root (McDermott) is still here.

This.

The whole franchised is screwed because we have a Defensive HC who has to hire strong OCs in order to succeed.

And any half-decent OC will immediately get plucked for a HC job, and we're right back to where we started.

In today's NFL, you find your OC, make them HC, and then fill in your DC with whoever.

• Like (+1) 3

I think things would need to get really ugly in the lockerroom (and on the field) in order for Pegula to consider moving on from McDermott.

The best thing to hope for, if hoping for change, is a good-faith effort to hire good coordinators on both sides of the ball (and obviously includes replacing Dorsey).

As far as a house cleaning like many want/suggest, and I am open to it.  Sure....  But I have less than zero faith in Terry Pegula in hiring a new head coach or GM or anything.  

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, May Day 10 said:

I think things would need to get really ugly in the lockerroom (and on the field) in order for Pegula to consider moving on from McDermott.

The best thing to hope for, if hoping for change, is a good-faith effort to hire good coordinators on both sides of the ball (and obviously replacing Dorsey).

As far as a house cleaning like many want/suggest, and I am open to it.  Sure....  But I have less than zero faith in Terry Pegula in hiring a new head coach or GM or anything.  

Ugly in Locker room?

look at Diggs and what happened this off season. Direct correlation to my post. Diggs knows.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

I agree but the question is...who is our Phil Jackson?

I don't see this guy on the current staff 

OC Johnson from Det.  

OC Johnson from PHL.  

OC Kellen Moore Chargers. 

OC Bienemy Commanders. 

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yep. And he’ll get a chance to fix it.

why?  The trend is downward.  Why give him another shot.  He is wasting JA.  He's proven he can't get it done.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Previous coaches never had Josh Allen. That’s a huge difference. McDermot might not be here if we didn’t have Allen

Thank. You.

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

OC Johnson from Det.  

OC Johnson from PHL.  

OC Bienemy Commanders. 

why?  The trend is downward.  Why give him another shot.  He is wasting JA.  He's proven he can't get it done.  

Keep preaching. 

Love it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

OC Johnson from Det.  

OC Johnson from PHL.  

In fairness, these are the only 2 I'd give a chance from that list.

But I dont know squat. I admittedly wasnt aware of McDermott before the consultants found him, so who knows who else might be kicking around.

That's why they get paid the big bucks.

Folks always come back with that argument when talking about firing coaches. "oh yeah? who are you hiring that's so great?!?"

Not our job to answer that question.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

OC Johnson from Det.  

OC Johnson from PHL.  

OC Bienemy Commanders. 

Why not? He built a top team before. Why wouldn’t you want him to build another one? 

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why not? He built a top team before. Why wouldn’t you want him to build another one? 

When did he build a "top team."  A team that made 1 AFC Championship game and then regressed tremendously.  You don't keep that coach around.  

1 minute ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

McDermott also made the playoffs with Tyrod. Look around the league. Lots of failure and not many HCs who win consistently. We have a top 5 coach. You want to throw that away to take a chance on someone else who may or may not succeed? Unreal.

McD LUCKED into the playoffs with Tyrod.  And then did what: lost.  Losing playoff games is not getting it done.  We do not have a top 5 coach.  

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

In fairness, these are the only 2 I'd give a chance from that list.

But I dont know squat. I admittedly wasnt aware of McDermott before the consultants found him, so who knows who else might be kicking around.

That's why they get paid the big bucks.

Folks always come back with that argument when talking about firing coaches. "oh yeah? who are you hiring that's so great?!?"

Not our job to answer that question.

who would be your picks from that list.  Mine would be the Johnsons.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2

The real time to let him go was after 13 seconds, I was not for that, hindsight is 20/20.  Having said that I have the same feelings, just to summarize, I believe the Bills are less likely to get worse with this team with new coaching than I do they keep up what we are seeing or possibly be better.  I like the odds with Josh Allen.  I would go out on a limb and say that if some of our previous head coaches had this roster, they would be doing just as well and possibly betterthan McDermott.  I'm seeing very little out of a team with so much talent, and that goes straight to the coach.  If sick of the heavily used cap $ and draft capital to bolster the defense over and over.  After 13 seconds was the right time, but it is clear to me in my opinion at this point if we miss the playoffs McDermott should go.  I don't think we can do much worse with this roster and a new offensive minded coach.  I do however, understand the other half of our fan base being "scared".  A 18 year playoff drought will do that to a loyal fan base.  I for one, just want to see 1 Suberbowl victory before I die and Josh Allen is not getting any younger either.  I'm willing to take the gamble

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

His team is playing so poorly that he might be available soon.  Do you want him as HC?

I've been back and forth on this, I've seen the Giants' struggles so I know what you mean, and I think I'm ultimately going to land on "yes, I'd rather have Dabol than McD".

I think it's mostly a talent issue in NJ right now. And we have far better talent across the board. Plus we have a Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.