Bills @ Benglas Game Thread - 1st half

Simon

3 minutes ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

Josh will be running in the 2nd half 

Book it

If he's running it's because he just refuses to throw the damn ball.  Everytime he targets Kincaid or Shakiir we move right down the field.  Then he starts holding the ball and looking down field and the rush gets there and he starts throwing picks.  He needs to just take what they're giving us and put some drives together.  He can make take some deep shots when we've scored some points and they have to try to stop the short stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mykidsdad said:

Stay positive.  A lot of game left to play. We score after half and this is a game again.

The score is painful.  but that is not the main issue. The bonehead coaching combined with the incompetent officiating, make it hard to imagine a way back 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Where is the stuff from last week?  Davis was running routes all over the field.  Now he running streaks again. F Dorsey.  I hate him and hope he is gone  IDGAF what stats anyone shows or some weird screenshot showing some receiver open in a moments time... the dude aint it.  It doesn't gell with Josh and what he does best.

Same. Just pisses me off.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

We matriculated down the field with quick efficient passes first series then we totally change course and this is where we’re at…

What I’m even more annoyed with is the absolute trash game management by McDermott. 43 seconds left with your TE limping to get on the line call the TO regroup and drive down to get a TD. But no we let 16 seconds run off the clock and dump it off to a player that doesn’t need to be on the field. 

This happens way too often and is the main reason we aren’t a perennial #1 seed. We have the talent, we need better in game management and consistency on our offensive play calling

Yea. The throwing to limping Kincaid was just total lack of situational awareness for several people involved. Just glad it didn’t exacerbate a real injury.

With the history that this team has and the consistent disappointment that it meters out to its fans and anyone with half a brain knows that this team will never win anything, it probably would have been better for it to have moved and saved us all the misery. 

I know it sound dramatic but this team is a miserable addiction. 

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

I love josh. But I’d almost trade him and get a boatload of picks. Draft a QB and Marvin Harrison jr next year

That is a dumb idea just on the face of it. But the dead cap would crush us and it would guarantee we would be bad when trying to sell private seat licenses for a new stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I wanted this clown fired after 13....but the McD fanboys give him a lifetime pass for the drought....so adorable. 

Those of us who continued to support the HC had no influence on his continued employment. If fans could fire a coach. they would all be fired after every loss. BTW, I'm not mad at McDermott or Dorsey. The scary thing to me is that tonight's debacle is all on Josh Allen and he cannot be fired.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The refs tonight are seriously using no common sense. The taunt, the grounding, the non-call on the trip. 

Then, they run the clock too at the end of the half, unbeknownst to anyone. 

They had to do a 10 second run off for the IG penalty since we were out of TOs.  McDummy just let the clock run without calling a Hail Mary.  Puss.

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Running a curl/comeback isn’t low percentage. 

That will be one to see what was going on there. And what was available across the field. 

I’m tempted to think that Josh thought “1 on 1 on the outside, take the shot”. And Gabe thought “take the high percentage play, get the first and stop the clock by going OOB”. I think both are right, that decision is based in the offense; which I don’t think any of us have even a sliver of an idea of what to do there situationally. 

The go would be low percentage. The curl will get picked off with this bunch...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.