Rasul Douglas to Bills - per Rap

SCBills

6 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

But posters that didn't know who he was until this trade say he sucks, so they must be right

He certainly doesn't suck. He's just not a difference maker. Good fit - and I hoped last year the Bills would have a shot at him in free agency. Certainly wouldn't have surrendered a 3rd rd pick for him. 

Just now, The Wiz said:

But we don't have white anymore.  Soooo get help and hope it works or dont get help and hope it works.  Those are the options.

But we don't have white anymore.  Soooo get help and hope it works or dont get help and hope it works.  Those are the options.

You only had to say it once!!! 😂

my post was more because someone said it was playing better than White and will I get why fans like pff grades, they are very misleading. 

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

My favorite way of looking at the trade compensation:

we got Rasul Douglas and a 5th for letting Tremaine Edmunds walk (3rd round comp pick).

I am assuming the Bills traded their own 3rd and not the comp pick, but it still kind of holds true since we will still have a 3rd this year from Edmunds.

They can't trade the 3rd rd comp pick since it hasn't been award to them yet so yes, it's just their normal 3rd rd pick and we will still get a comp at some point.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, cDAVIS said:

You couldn't have said it better. He made some big plays for green Bay when they signed him as a FA a couple years ago. He's not going to be our #1 but this is a very solid add to a room that would be crippled if 47 or 30 went down

He should end up CB2 in a few weeks

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

He certainly doesn't suck. He's just not a difference maker. Good fit - and I hoped last year the Bills would have a shot at him in free agency. Certainly wouldn't have surrendered a 3rd rd pick for him. 

They got a fifth back...likley an early fifth 

Not a big deal

27 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think it’s solid pickup but people know pff is based on nothing really. They assume coverages/ defenses. They don’t fact in game situations (like the Pack losing a lot this year) and don’t adjust for receivers you’re covering (Alexander is their number 1 cb). It’s a nice tool I guess but can be all types of misleading. 

that said, if there is one area where I will blindly trust McDermott is defensive back. I wonder what the price for Johnson was? 

Johnson had two prices and that why he wasn’t traded imo.  The bears set a high price and his contract was up + he reportedly wants really big bucks. 

we traded down 50ish picks and got a solid versatile corner that excels in zone.  

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

We traded down 50ish picks for him

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

Last year we had Tre. This year if Jackson or Benford go down we got Josh Norman. This is a solid pick up and if Tre does come back, a potentially great CB tandem.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

My favorite way of looking at the trade compensation:

we got Rasul Douglas and a 5th for letting Tremaine Edmunds walk (3rd round comp pick).

I am assuming the Bills traded their own 3rd and not the comp pick, but it still kind of holds true since we will still have a 3rd this year from Edmunds.

plus whatever we spend the cap space savings on as well 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

my post was more because someone said it was playing better than White and will I get why fans like pff grades, they are very misleading. 

I knew I did.  You quoted me faster than I could correct it.

As to the other subjects, stats lie.  PFF is whatever.  QB Rating they attribute to the closest defender and don't account for scheme and where they were suppose to be playing so he looks like "meh" in those stats.

Just from watching him play I like how he plays.  That's my opinion on him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

Last year we had Tre. This year if Jackson or Benford go down we got Josh Norman. This is a solid pick up and if Tre does come back, a potentially great CB tandem.

Pretty sad for Elam that he’s not even mentioned here.  What a bust. 

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers

• Haha (+1) 2

Rasul Douglas isn't the most gifted corner, but he has size, length, toughness, and a knack for making timely plays.

He will lose some battles, but he will also keep fighting and will make you pay if you make a mistake 

Bottom line is he helps and getting back a 5th makes it a fine deal

Edited by BeastMaster
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Love this trade.

I wonder by not getting a DT or LB that the bills are confident in at least one of Jones/Milano returning at some point 

Jones for sure.

Milano is the great mystery. You have rumors that his career is over, but then why aren't they ruling him out for the year? We also know he's back around the team.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I appreciate this positive report but this is the problem with blindly trusting PFF grades.  It’s one thing to do this against the Broncos. It’s another to do this against the Fins (which White did). 

Oh you mean like this?

• Like (+1) 1

Perhaps this point has already been made in what is it already a rapidly expanding and long thread. But Ross Tucker on WGR has made the argument that perhaps the Bills really like Rasul’s toughness than anything else. He brings an attitude to the defense he is on.

• Like (+1) 2

The zone we play largely depends on whether you get it or not.  He has great size, lots of pass break ups, and a decent amount of picks.  If he can tackle people and picks up our scheme he could be a great corner here for some time.  It's been a while since we had two healthy good cb's.  Not saying thats where we are but here's to hoping.  I fee pretty optimistic about this one for whatever that's worth.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Pretty much what I said...in a room full of "Dawgs", he fits like a glove.

Perhaps they plan on Douglas trying to mentor him as well?  

Douglas: the secret to the cornerback position is that you need to cover the receiver.

Elam:

_IMG_000000_000000.thumb.jpg.bcf6301c6938768924d4b95f07097674.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Jones for sure.

Milano is the great mystery. You have rumors that his career is over, but then why aren't they ruling him out for the year? We also know he's back around the team.

To my knowledge, we still do not know what Milanos injury even is. Just a broken leg? ACL? MCL?

1 hour ago, Mopreme said:

Didn’t chase young go for a 3rd? Former top 3 pick and considered franchise guy. I like the player the Bills got but giving up such a high pick seems like a lot? My guess is that there was competition.

Sal cappacio was on wgr and said he was told after teams found out about jaylon johnsons salary demands attention turned to Douglas.  He said specifically SF was trying to make a deal for him.  He said GB did not want to do business with SF I guess because they are in the same conference and the teams histories

Edited by MikePJ76

1 hour ago, 4thandGoal said:

Really... some of you dont know who he is.. .Do you even watch the game

Same people were probably saying “meh” to Chase Young to 9ers 🤣

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The people saying “they traded a third for him”… they have traded pick 90 for pick 140

R3 pick is significant value. R5 pick is a throwaway. We know R4 is where draft value separates. Quantity on day 3 doesn't offset losing a day 1/2 pick.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Monkeyhead said:

Android?

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.