Rasul Douglas to Bills - per Rap

SCBills

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’ll trust the fans that have no idea who he is saying he can’t cover anyone over this 😂. Douglas is probably better than white straight up post white’s acl injury 

I like PFF as a tool to see if the the grades match the eye test. Not normally as a stand alone measurements. That said...he already knows to look for the ball when playing Tua. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Puts Dane Jackson back on the bench where he belongs

All indications are that Douglas was a leader in the locker room also

Sounds like a good fit all around

He also means the Bills can be patient with Tre White. if that's the route they choose

Edited by appoo
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

He’s not Patrick Surtain who some thought was so easy to get. 
But it’s a solid move and not a half year rental. They could certainly do worse. Welcome to Buffalo Rasul 

Whoever thought Surtain was gonna be easy to get is utterly clueless about what it costs to acquire a 1st team All Pro CB on his rookie deal. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

He was a journeyman for quite a while but he seems to have found out how to play once he got to Green Bay. He unlocked or figured out something. Lets hope that continues in Buffalo. 

For the most part I trust McD's  DB evaluation skills. 

I question a lot of roster moves, but I think I will sit tight and see how this one plays out. I have a feeling he will be a player. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think he is an upgrade on our starters. Admittedly haven't seen a lot of Green Bay this season, but have seen a lot of Douglas since he came out of that good 2017 draft class. The Eagles ended up cutting him, 3 years after spending a 3rd on him because teams CONSTANTLY targeted him then he bounced around practice squads before sticking in Green Bay. No team in the NFL has misevaluated DBs as consistently as Green Bay in the past decade. 

For a 3rd with a 5th coming back I really do not like this. I think he is a better fit in our scheme than Elam but he is a lateral move from Jackson and Benford for me. 

Maybe he has suddenly improved a ton and will prove me wrong but man I hate this deal.

He has improved vastly from when he was in Philly 

It was like a light went on for him when he went to GB

You are judging him based off the old information you had from what you saw when he was with the Eagles. He's not the same player, and we usually get the best from corners when they get integrated into this scheme.

He's an upgrade over Dane, and maybe even Benford

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I like PFF as a tool to see if the the grades match the eye test. Not normally as a stand alone measurements. That said...he already knows to look for the ball when playing Tua. 

Oh yea I don’t disagree haha I was being sarcastic.  Pff is pretty good if you take it with a grain of salt 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

He’s not Patrick Surtain who some thought was so easy to get. 
But it’s a solid move and not a half year rental. They could certainly do worse. Welcome to Buffalo Rasul 

Surtain would have cost multiple first rounders. He;s another tier better than Jalon Johnson

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

3rd rounder way too much for this guy,  you might as well just give up first and 3rd for Patrick Surtain.  Beane got screwed over

1) Surtain is not available. 

2) I am not for giving up a first rounder this year. 

3) Giving up an extra third rounder that we get from the Edmunds deal is not getting screwed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3rd rounder way too much for this guy,  you might as well just give up first and 3rd for Patrick Surtain.  Beane got screwed over

Brilliant post 

We got an early fifth back

Surtain would go for what Ramsey went for minimum. So TWO firsts and a fourth plus a contract that makes him the highest paid CB in the league. 

Good stuff on here as always.

• Haha (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

Well he didn't give up a 3rd for him, he gave a 3rd for him and a 5th, which makes it a 4th roughly.  

8 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Well its a late 3rd (possibly our comp pick for edmunds - doesn't seem clear anywhere), for Douglas and a 5th (also not clear if this is their early 5th, or their comp pick in the 5th).  

Comp picks have not been awarded yet. You can't trade what doesn't exist, so unless they have acquired anything this is the Packers own. The 3rd for sure is the Bills own. We'd figure the Bills to end up 20-25 and Pack 5-10 in selection order so the delta will likely be ~50 draft slots, so that's the actual price paid for Ras'al Ghul.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

When you give up a 3rd you need to be getting a difference maker,  he is not him.  Beane just keeps on screwing up

They’re getting an early 5th in return and getting a difference maker.  Even if he’s just ‘pretty good’ gb kind of got fleeced value wise imo…looks like it was just a salary dump for them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

For what it's worth, here's one of the top posts from a Packers forum: 

I'm upset. One of the guys who actually gave a ***** about how we were playing.

More importantly, as a team desperate for veteran leadership, we trade away one of our veteran leaders. What great thinking!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.