Von Miller

Riverboat Ritchie

19 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I'm sorry fellow fans, he is slow and lost his #1 attribute, his incredible knee bend. I think the best bet is to use him on pure passing downs coming in behind Groot or some other DE.  It is what it is, he is about 35 coming off his 2nd ACL. Father Time is undefeated folks.

He’s wearing a brace as part of the recovery/return. 

He’s not going to have elite bend in a bulky brace.  

He’s detailed this process.   Next step is a smaller brace, then no brace. 

We’ll see if he becomes effective this year, but right now.. judging him in his first few games back wearing a brace is very premature. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Like a flag when he's getting dragged down from the front?

This happened on 2 other plays that weren't called.  One of them would have been a safety.

Sure. I’d rather not rely on the refs. I think he’s still weeks away from being back to his true form, whatever that might be. 

• Agree 1

It's been less than a year since he tore his ACL. It takes time to heal and get strength back. He was playing very straight-legged and upright. Hopefully he's at least 90% by January when he'll really be needed. But for now, he needs game time to help get all his functional abilities back. Not all strength is built in the gym. 

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

We’ll see if he becomes effective this year, but right now.. judging him in his first few games back wearing a brace is very premature. 

acl braces suck to wear just walking around.  i stopped wearing mine skiing after 2 years.  probably not a great idea.

I get it,but I just don't know about a 35 yo athlete on his 2nd ACL.  And keep in mind, the original surgery was to re anchor the meniscus to the bone, let's not forget that.

Von looked better against Tampa, far from the elite player he was of course but he had a few flashes where he looked closer to his old form. Given the nature of his injury I would say that if he can’t look significantly better by December then I would be massively concerned about him coming back to being a productive player this season. 

But it’s still October give it another months worth of games and a bye week before we have a clear picture of what’s going on with Von. I don’t think he has to be 100% back by December either he just has to look closer to what he was than what he currently is.

Just have to keep him iced as much as possible and hope he has one last run in the playoffs. But there were plenty of signs guy was on the downside of his career and he just had another big injury.

completely understand why we signed him but it’s going to be a bad contract going forward 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But there were plenty of signs guy was on the downside of his career and he just had another big injury.

There really weren't any signs Von was about to fall off.......he was playing great prior to the injury.    Not just the bulk sacks........he was on pace for 13-15 sacks..........but his overall play was no different than the late 2010's.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There really weren't any signs Von was about to fall off.......he was playing great prior to the injury.    Not just the bulk sacks........he was on pace for 13-15 sacks..........but his overall play was no different than the late 2010's.

I didn't remember him taking place off or disappearing when he was younger. Even when he's been in pre-injury, there were plays where he would just straight up disappear. Maybe I didn't watch enough of the plays really in his career but I never remember him dogging it

1 minute ago, boyst said:

I didn't remember him taking place off or disappearing when he was younger. Even when he's been in pre-injury, there were plays where he would just straight up disappear. Maybe I didn't watch enough of the plays really in his career but I never remember him dogging it

I didn't see him dog it last season.   

We all saw Cody Ford have a decent game against him though so we know he wasn't always as good as he played last season. 

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

it takes over a year to fully recover from his injury.  He’s not even 90% now.

5 hours ago, wppete said:

Von Miller needs to go back on IR until the playoffs if we make it. Otherwise he is useless out there, I’d rather have Kingley Jonathan out there at full speed and health. 

He needs to play to get back in shape. Putting him on IR is just going to slow his progress.

1 minute ago, letsgoteam said:

I dont know if he needs to be inactive, but he SHOULDNT have been in the game on a running down with the game on the line.

He didn't even post an assisted tackle.  Nothing.  No stat line.  

Even Joseph and Douglas had a couple of tackles each.  

Edited by PBF81

On 10/29/2023 at 5:07 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Yea the only sign was his birth certificate not on the field play

Edited by NoSaint

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.