NY Giants @ Buffalo Bills - SNF 1st half game thread

Simon

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I’ve posted a few things about Allen being a main cause of the issue and get much negative push back.  Be objective:  watching that first half did Josh look good?

You don't understand what you are seeing. And you are not objective. As others have said. Give it up. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Get a grip, bro. The D has given up 94 yards and 6 points.  

Yep, but I am looking at scheme, the plays, the defensive X's and O's and I can't figure out why we are doing this shell coverage giving Tyrod everything he is capable of doing to him and he is beating us.

Just now, FireChans said:

Tyrod is 34 years old. He’s a 13 year vet. That’s 1000000% on him to know time

score and situation. 

It’s why he’s a bad QB lol

I agree, I’m just thinking we all know more about Tyrod than Daboll, because I already knew he wouldn’t care about score and situation. 

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Everything we haven't done this year much. 

This. Can you think of anything creative, innovative, or just plain different that Dorsey has done since he became OC? He was given the keys to a Porsche, and he drives like a Ford Pinto. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NoSaint said:

I think the first drive out of halftime for Dorsey will say a lot about our future

Dorsey needs to be fired. Now. Even when the team is scoring points the offense is disjointed. 

The entire world can see that they are more effective under center right now. Nope, don't do it. Let's just wait for Josh to do a thing.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I disagree with this.

Nobody is out there half-steppin it tonight.

Both teams are bringing it.

If so, that may be the most damning thing anyone has said tonight. If the Bills, at home, can't deliver against a terrible Giants team, what does that say about the Bills' prospects?

1 minute ago, BernieBill said:

People keep saying Dorsey, and rightly so to some extent ... but Sean McDermott is the head of this offensively-challenged snake ... the Bills will not ever be the offense they should be with this religious fanatic running the operation.

the bills entered tonight as a top 3 DVOA offense. 

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

In a real business with accountability and professional standards there would be consequences for some of this stuff but I don’t see that happening here.

This all started with firing the Fidelity guy for getting too grabby in London. Bring him back.

2 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

People keep saying Dorsey, and rightly so to some extent ... but Sean McDermott is the head of this offensively-challenged snake ... the Bills will not ever be the offense they should be with this religious fanatic running the operation.

What??? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Serious question. What’s the schematic advantage to playing under center? What are all you guys looking to get out of that?

It forces the D to honor the possibility of a run with play action pass. Less predictable for pass rushers

4 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Serious question. What’s the schematic advantage to playing under center? What are all you guys looking to get out of that?

Everything looks better from under center. I think it gives the RBs a better chance of and the multi step drop gets Allen in rhythm. I'm not going to pretend to know if there's a specific schematic advantage, but you can't say you don't see that our offense looks better from under center.

36 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

With the 2nd best offense last year? Josh having a career year in completion percentage this year? We've had 2 bad halves in the last two weeks but on the whole are offense been pretty good the last two seasons.

Yeah, but in the hands of a real OC, this offense could be so much better, that's the point. The offense is good despite Dorsey, not because of him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, finn said:

This. Can you think of anything creative, innovative, or just plain different that Dorsey has done since he became OC? He was given the keys to a Porsche, and he drives like a Ford Pinto. 

in honor of Pinto Ron!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, IronyAbounds said:

If so, that may be the most damning thing anyone has said tonight. If the Bills, at home, can't deliver against a terrible Giants team, what does that say about the Bills' prospects?

They'll be dancin' if they quit firing slugs into their own feet.

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Dorsey needs to be fired. Now. Even when the team is scoring points the offense is disjointed. 

The entire world can see that they are more effective under center right now. Nope, don't do it. Let's just wait for Josh to do a thing.

He just sucks, but it's not his fault. It was nuts to not replace him after last season. Whether that's on McD or Pegula, it was just a really really stupid move 

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The worst part is I don't know what we can do to fix this. They know our plays. Anyone on the team not named Diggs can't get open. Dorsey refuses to commit to under center and runs.

Didn't Davis get open before he committed a sin and faced exile?