Feeling dejected...

Ethan in Cleveland

Really in the dumps right now. I can handle the losses but the catastrophic injuries these past two years really have me down.

Seriously questioning why I still watch and care. Seeing grown men crying and literally dying on the field knowing their season and maybe their careers are over. All so some broadcast network can charge more for a commercial of something I would never purchase. 

The 90's teams had injuries but our core guys never missed huge chunks of time. I have no idea if injuries are more frequent now or more catastrophic. I know surgery and recovery is better than ever. Yet it still feels so hopeless. All the emotional investment we as a community invest only for it to be sprained, torn, or broken in seconds. 

Losing Milano is a gut shot I'm not sure I can get over. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 25

The last two weeks were devastating and we are officially worse (somehow) on this than last year now.

All we can say is we still have Josh and Diggs, and pretty much everyone on offense.

So we can still win games. But the defense will be a week to week hang on effort now instead of a real strength.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Really in the dumps right now. I can handle the losses but the catastrophic injuries these past two years really have me down.

Seriously questioning why I still watch and care. Seeing grown men crying and literally dying on the field knowing their season and maybe their careers are over. All so some broadcast network can charge more for a commercial of something I would never purchase. 

The 90's teams had injuries but our core guys never missed huge chunks of time. I have no idea if injuries are more frequent now or more catastrophic. I know surgery and recovery is better than ever. Yet it still feels so hopeless. All the emotional investment we as a community invest only for it to be sprained, torn, or broken in seconds. 

This hurts the most. I fee Bernard’s play had a lot to do with the guy next to him. Seemed like he was always playing catch up on the play once Matt went out. 

Losing %58 is going to hurt for sure. 

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Saddle up and move on.  The pass rush is elite when 50 56 40 57 and 91 are available.  O line is solid.  17 and 14 are healthy.  Keep on grinding and we will be good. 

Yeah but Matt removes a load of those quick hitters to the middle…

Helps them out just as much as the 4 in front do him. 

Edited by BBFL

I remember some guy here started a thread about how the Bills never got injuries..

Was a few weeks before Tre did his knee Thanksgiving in 2021…

I also remember thinking before  the start of this season… at least they have got all the injuries out of the way last season

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Haha (+1) 1

It’s been a lot.  

Losing Tre two years ago.  

Von last year, Hyde in Week 2, plus the Allen UCL injury. 

This year, by Week 5, down Tre and Milano.. awaiting news on Jones. 

Every team goes through it, except KC.  

Ravens have been snakebit with season ending injuries.  Steelers lost Watt a few years ago.  Dolphins with Tua last year.  Bengals lost their top CB early, then dealt with a decimated OL in the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Saddle up and move on.  The pass rush is elite when 50 56 40 57 and 91 are available.  O line is solid.  17 and 14 are healthy.  Keep on grinding and we will be good. 

Not Super Bowl good, however 😥. Just a crushing day for the Bills. Even moreso if Jones is lost as well. We all saw his impact in the one missed game last year

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, dayman said:

The last two weeks were devastating and we are officially worse (somehow) on this than last year now.

All we can say is we still have Josh and Diggs, and pretty much everyone on offense.

So we can still win games. But the defense will be a week to week hang on effort now instead of a real strength.

That’s the Key you have Allen and Diggs. As long as you have an elite level QB and 1 good WR you can win most games.  Enjoy it because no matter how long it lasts it never feels long enough. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I feel the same way. ***** happens but it just keeps piling on and it’s hard to shrug off. Honestly; it’s less about me than the players going down that bums me out. These guys work so hard and the end result is a messed up body. On the other hand at least you get guys will get a shot. 

• Agree 1

Football is such a brutal sport.  No other sport has a 100% injury rate.  And players are bigger, stronger, and faster than ever, which makes the injuries more catastrophic... despite all the rule changes in the name of "player safety."  There isn't any other sport where you hold your breath on literally every play, hoping everyone on your team gets up.

Last year in Miami and today made me question why I even watch.

• Agree 1

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

Looking on the bright side if these injuries keep piling the Bills will be drafting much higher than you thought they would a week ago. 

That's great, maybe we can get another cornerback who can't cover or another tight end who doesn't know where the sticks are.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

The corporatization of everything for $  gets more distasteful by the day. 
   I felt less than enthusiastic to start this season. 
    Add in the obvious NFL reffing malfeasance and it truly is hard to care. 
   I’m at the point where i wish they’d win one so I could let it go. It isn’t anywhere near the game I grew up watching.

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

The corporatization of everything for $  gets more distasteful by the day. 
   I felt less than enthusiastic to start this season. 
    Add in the obvious NFL reffing malfeasance and it truly is hard to care. 
   I’m at the point where i wish they’d win one so I could let it go. It isn’t anywhere near the game I grew up watching.

The refs are getting worse. I mean this year it started game 1 week 1 with the obvious illegal formations not called against KC but thankfully they still lost.

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

The Jets lost Rodgers and their fans are still insufferably arrogant. 

We need some of that. Just a touch. 

God no! Jet fans are the worst! They have never won anything since I was like 2 years old! Yet they still think they are awesome.

19 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

You're right about how the injuries seem to be getting worse. Not just Buffalo, but throughout the league. It's like when the Tommy John surgery took over MLB. It was unheard of, until it wasn't. And that keeps players out for over a year. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BRH said:

That's great, maybe we can get another cornerback who can't cover or another tight end who doesn't know where the sticks are.

Brandon Beane and the scouting dept have an eye for talent. Remember Tre White and Milano were drafted in 2017 by the previous regime. Imagine how much better Beane’s draft picks would have been. 

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I wish I could give 100 "awesomes" to this one.

It's October.  Big injuries are MUCH worse late in the season.  Obviously, if we really do lose Milano for the rest of the year, it's a biggie.  But there is at least a ton of time for guys like Williams to get acclimated, and I wouldn't rule out Beane making a trade by the deadline.

This is still a top tier team.  We can beat anyone.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This is having a great team in the NFL and knowing you will always be in the mix till the end. The injuries are tough but remember we drafted Milano’s replacement(Williams) He’s not Milano but he’s talented. Beane will make a deal for some depth at corner and mlb.  The good news is our offense will win most of the games on our schedule. It’s a long season with ups and downs. Just have faith that with Josh it’s gonna be alright.

Just now, Steptide said:

Williams played well in place of Milano. This team is still a team to beat. Today's game was flukey Imo. Bills just flat out sucked today, and the injuries didn't help, but i still think the bills are a top 3 or 4 team 

I'm not entirely sure of that.  We saw quite a bit of Dodson today.  Not sure why. 

20 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Not Super Bowl good, however 😥. Just a crushing day for the Bills. Even moreso if Jones is lost as well. We all saw his impact in the one missed game last year

With 17 14 and a solid o-line we are always in the hunt.  The Jones injury hurts a lot.  He has been fantastic next to Oliver.  Time to overcome and give a little more than we get the rest of the way.  

Injury bug has bitten the Bills again. Dorsey just ain’t it. He’s really not. I’ve never seen a more disjointed Bills offense with so much talent. On fire one week. Inexplicably lost the next. 

The Chiefs have such a clear shot to the SB with the Bills D injured/inconsistent offense and Burrow is lame. 

Poyer and Hyde got old fast and Von looked slow as well. The Bills may have to go through a couple down years here moving forward and reload. 

Now give me those sweet sweet eyerolls!

• Eyeroll 3

Just now, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Injury bug has bitten the Bills again. Dorsey just ain’t it. He’s really not. I’ve never seen a more disjointed Bills offense with so much talent. On fire one week. Inexplicably lost the next. 

The Chiefs have such a clear shot to the SB with the Bills D injured/inconsistent offense and Burrow is lame. 

Poyer and Hyde got old fast and Von looked slow as well. The Bills may have to go through a couple down years here moving forward and reload. 

Bills spent too many off-season trying to maintain instead of getting appreciably better. 

So instead of being the Rams, who actually went all the way, we are going to be the Packers sans Super Bowl. Always in the conversation, but always a bridesmaid.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Is this the same team as the last three weeks.  Don't rely on this week to ruin your year

Don’t get down the dumps the Dline will be just fine remember they played without Rousseau. 
Losing Matt absolutely sucks but Dorian Williams it’s his time.

The only thing that really sucks is Tre as Kair Elam is just horrible the Bills need a boundary corner badly.

Im really not sad about today the Jags had a clear advantage in this game as living there for an additional week was big and you clearly saw it in the first half. 

10 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Is this the same team as the last three weeks.  Don't rely on this week to ruin your year

Just being realistic and not a super fanatic. Two of the Bills best defensive players gone for the year. Poyer is slow, Milano gone, Tre gone, and Dorsey’s play calling??????

Please, give a strong argument on why Bills fans should be thinking SB. 

Edited by BIGFOOTspaceman
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Just being realistic and not a super fanatic. Two of the Bills best defensive players gone for the year. Poyer is slow, Milano gone, Tre gone, and Dorsey’s play calling??????

Please, give a strong argument on why Bills fans should e thinking SB. 

Did you have the same feeling last week after the Bills dismantled the Dolphins?  I would think a week won't make that much of a difference

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.