Not sure if it's OK for me to say this...but Poyer is toast

Hebert19

9 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

He looks sooooo slow out there. Penalty was a BS call but he has been rough to watch all season.  A step slow a lot.  I know there is a lot of love for the dude and it's deserved but he is NOT good right now. 

The instincts are there, the speed and agility just isn't anymore.  He was never a real fast guy to begin with, but he was fast enough.

Now you see why there was no teams wanting to bite for his asking price in free agency.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

He looks sooooo slow out there. Penalty was a BS call but he has been rough to watch all season.  A step slow a lot.  I know there is a lot of love for the dude and it's deserved but he is NOT good right now. 

It's fair. He's been so good for so long for us that it feels almost dirty to say, but his time is up.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He looked a step slow last season.

He looks 3 steps slow this season.

One of my favorite Bills ever but his prime is behind him. Thank you for your service Po.

He's clearly washed and definitely looks so slow. But with all these guys hurt we're stuck.

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Our coverage group missed Benford and White a lot today...and Milano 😢

Yeah, you can't absorb these 3 loses and expect to win.  Dane played well but Elam is done.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's clearly washed and definitely looks so slow. But with all these guys hurt we're stuck.

Yeah, you can't absorb these 3 loses and expect to win.  Dane played well but Elam is done.

You can - if the offense played properly.

Feels like Poyer's time may be up, sadly.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

He wasn't the problem today. Injuries to the defense & the offense not getting going & playing inconsistent are bigger issues.

No, he was not the problem today. Poyer has gotten slower, and Safety will be a need this offseason.

That roughing penalty was bogus. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah him and Hyde are probably both near the end unfortunately...sucks.

It's humbling how quickly we went from a dominant secondary a couple years ago to now...still perdy good, but definitely not where we were...

Edited by Fallser
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Hyde had 2 picks coming into today. He got beat on a deep ball today that he shouldn't have been covering Ridley on anyway

Hyde & Poyer need to continue making plays. Agreed with you that ideally a zero blitz shouldn’t result in Hyde defending a WR 1. 

13 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Hyde & Poyer need to continue making plays. Agreed with you that ideally a zero blitz shouldn’t result in Hyde defending a WR 1. 

Ok. Everyone needs to continue making plays lol. Not just them. Hyde has made plays is what I'm saying

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Ok. Everyone needs to continue making plays lol. Not just them. Hyde has made plays is what I'm saying

Agreed. The defense has to continue making plays. Epenesa alone did that. We needed a play to made from our secondary today and we didn’t get it. The 11 on defense collectively need to make more plays. And the offense can’t slow start the game and expect the defense to keep them in the game. It has to be all 3 units making plays.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

You can - if the offense played properly.

Feels like Poyer's time may be up, sadly.

The offense has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Jordan runs now with a piano on his back.  And it's so incredibly obvious,  even compared to his injury riddled 22 campaign.  Micah has slowed some but not to the extent of Poyer. This will 100% be his last season as a Bill.  The Offense lost us the game today,  but there were several other defensive players I'd praise before 21.

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Our coverage group missed Benford and White a lot today...and Milano 😢

Coming into today, Milano was 1st in coverage , passer rating allowed for LBs by like 25 points over the next guy. 

Benard was 4th or 5th. Pure dominance 

I'm confident in Benford and Dane, Elam killed us. 

17 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

why would it not be ok to say that?

I have watched Poyer and Hyde this season both be way too slow.  They both cost us big plays and Hyde couldn't get the angle yesterday on Travis E. Which led to the final Jags TD.

Both need to go, and both are a liability right now. They just aren't what they have been.  I know I'm going tobcatch hell, but it's the truth.  This org (esp McDermottand his need for twnured vets) , along with this fan base, hang on to beloved players too long, and it hurts us on the field.

Bash away, but the truth is there on film these last 5 games

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Agree 1

You are not wrong. He is definitely slow. So is Hyde but Hyde is a better/smarter player so the lack of speed in old age doesn’t get as effected. 

yeah, shouldn’t have paid these guys. We had an out the last 2 years with them and should have taken it to get younger. They didn’t. Now we’re starting to look silly. 

• Agree 1

No matter how this season plays out I would guess Beane will go heavy on defense in the 2024 draft/FA. He has no choice. Many players on that side of the ball are over 30. Plus, the injuries. Tre coming back from a 2nd serious injury. Milano will be coming off a big injury. We still have trouble stopping the run. I don't want to call it a rebuild. But I would say some re-tooling or reshaping of the defense will take place. They definitely need to get younger.

16 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I have watched Poyer and Hyde this season both be way too slow.  They both cost us big plays and Hyde couldn't get the angle yesterday on Travis E. Which led to the final Jags TD.

Both need to go, and both are a liability right now. They just aren't what they have been.  I know I'm going tobcatch hell, but it's the truth.  This org (esp McDermottand his need for twnured vets) , along with this fan base, hang on to beloved players too long, and it hurts us on the field.

Bash away, but the truth is there on film these last 5 games

It’s 100% the truth. Here’s the biggest punch in the dick tho. Look for more defensive picks in the first 3 rounds this years draft, to replace the aging and beat up bets that either wont be here or we need to find suitable backups for in case things don’t go well in recovery. 

Hyde

Poyer

White

Milano

Jones

all need to be replaced or at least need to find suitable backups for at this point. You can probably throw in DE as well as Floyd is just on a one year deal. Lawson is the same. Epenesa is on the final year of his contract. Phillips and Jones will or should be gone. Milano may not ever fully recover from this being over 30. Same with Tre. 

look for McD to get his pick of the draft litter and go all out defense again. Maybe a mid to late round WR or RB to make us feel warm and fuzzy. 

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

No matter how this season plays out I would guess Beane will go heavy on defense in the 2024 draft/FA. He has no choice. Many players on that side of the ball are over 30. Plus, the injuries. Tre coming back from a 2nd serious injury. Milano will be coming off a big injury. We still have trouble stopping the run. I don't want to call it a rebuild. But I would say some re-tooling or reshaping of the defense will take place. They definitely need to get younger.

This

18 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Should’ve never resigned him.

Should have allocated those funds to Hopkins.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.