On to the JAGS

TFBillsfan

56 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Jet lag on a 5-hour difference is not really that big of a thing. Just force yourself to go to bed at the normal time regardless of how early it feels and then it's gone the next day. Use a sedative if you have to. Now, anything over 8 hours is a whole other thing. That takes days. When I went to Asia in the past, I would go nocturnal for a few days before departure to ease the transition.

It's less "oh no what an impossible hurdle" and more griping about how what was supposed to be an advantage for us turned neutral at best. 

The Bills play the AFC division winners. They play the Chiefs on the road (for the 5th straight time, 7 out of 8). They play the Bengals on the road.

What *should* be our one home game vs a conference rival is instead effectively a road game.

It's not the end of the world, but I'm salty 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I am still salty that we lost a home game and instead have to play a division winner in a different country, where they are the home away from home team, and who already have a week to prepare from the jet lag

I know it could/would never happen but this is why I had hoped they would go much earlier than thursday.

6 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

It's less "oh no what an impossible hurdle" and more griping about how what was supposed to be an advantage for us turned neutral at best. 

The Bills play the AFC division winners. They play the Chiefs on the road (for the 5th straight time, 7 out of 8). They play the Bengals on the road.

What *should* be our one home game vs a conference rival is instead effectively a road game.

At least we don't have to fly to Frankfurt, Germany.. I guess there's that.

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

What’s the deal over there?  Is it hereditary?  Lack of good dentistry?  Dirt?  Just not caring?  

Working in vegas hospitality for 20+ years, I can tell a Brit before they even say a word.  A smile is all I need to know I’m about to get stiffed 🤣 🦷

I think there definitely isn't a culture of the bright white smile in the same way there is in the US. In my personal case the bottom ones were smashed to bits by too many elbows in the face in my soccer career. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Process said:

I must say, I love the 930a start. Don't have to wait around all morning for the game to start. Done by 1 and on with your day. 

And then there are those of us who are on the West Coast. 🤣

I get it though. For those of us on the West Coast, it’s easier for night games.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

From what I've heard this week, the Jags are at a bit of a disadvantage because they are staying in England. And that is another week away from their own beds, away from their families, away from their routines, away from the state of the art training and medical facilities they normally go to. Kind of a miserable (make the best of it) type of experience for them.

One former player said that by the time they get to our game on Sunday most of the Jags will be thinking "When can we get this game over and get on the plane home?"

Hoping that helps us out.

• Like (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

They charter a whole plane. It will be a direct flight out of Buffalo.

That's what I figured but it's usually posted by now

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

From what I've heard this week, the Jags are at a bit of a disadvantage because they are staying in England. And that is another week away from their own beds, away from their families, away from their routines, away from the state of the art training and medical facilities they normally go to. Kind of a miserable (make the best of it) type of experience for them.

One former player said that by the time they get to our game on Sunday most of the Jags will be thinking "When can we get this game over and get on the plane home?"

Hoping that helps us out.

A week for work in any country is cool. 3 weeks or more in another country is ok. But something about 2 weeks away from home really sucks. 

Experiencing it and talking to others I work with who do it often believe the first 3-5 days are full of energy and excitement to get the tasks done. 6-7 day start to get long and by the 8th day a majority of your time is up, the jobs essentially handled and you just want to go home. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, boco357 said:

Worried about the travel and Jags have extra time there.  I hope Josh is still pissed about that 6-3 game still a few years ago, he seems to have a long memory. I also worry about Etienne as Bills seem to struggle with those faster backs(Breece Hall, Achane).

your memory seems to be short since the score was 9-6

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I am still salty that we lost a home game and instead have to play a division winner in a different country, where they are the home away from home team, and who already have a week to prepare from the jet lag

Wait this was a "home game". Does this mean this year's 7 home games or 8? This s*** is ridiculous, I hope Goodell icarus-es

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Wait this was a "home game". Does this mean this year's 7 home games or 8? This s*** is ridiculous, I hope Goodell icarus-es

8. We are supposed to alternate between 8 and 9 with the 17 game schedule. We had 9 away games scheduled last year, but the Bengals was a wash. 

I seriously believe Buffalo as a city might have the most drunken population before noon this Sunday it's every had.

And I hate the 9:30 am start. I play football every Sunday morning. And I feel booze guilt if I start before noon. So I rush home after my game and throw a couple back and hopefully catch a good 4th quarter and a win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

I seriously believe Buffalo as a city might have the most drunken population before noon this Sunday it's every had.

And I hate the 9:30 am start. I play football every Sunday morning. And I feel booze guilt if I start before noon. So I rush home after my game and throw a couple back and hopefully catch a good 4th quarter and a win.

Call it brunch and have mimosas and bloody Mary's. You'll feel better about it

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

It's a trap game

Wait — I thought Washington two weeks ago was the trap game?

When will you people stop with this nonsense?

3 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Remember the Jags!!!!!

I believe this is @ScottLaw’s mating cry.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

26 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

I play football every Sunday morning. And I feel booze guilt if I start before noon. So I rush home after my game and throw a couple back and hopefully catch a good 4th quarter and a win.

This had me cracking up lol 🍺 🍺

Edited by NickelCity
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think there definitely isn't a culture of the bright white smile in the same way there is in the US. In my personal case the bottom ones were smashed to bits by too many elbows in the face in my soccer career. 

Dam that sucks (the elbows to the face).  

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

So what are you going to watch this Sunday - India vs Australia or Bills vs Jags? 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Interestingly, I heard Eric Wood on WGR yesterday and the subject of the Jags 2 wk stay being an advantage came up and he didn't automatically say it was -  said as a player he would much prefer being at home as long as possible with regular routine, surroundings, facilities, family etc than be away for 2 weeks

34 minutes ago, eball said:

When will you people stop with this nonsense?

Watch the presumed pejorative insinuation of those words there, Pilgrim. 🤨

image.png.48882e110e10a9290fef85a7b61b5c95.png

😁

15 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

So what are you going to watch this Sunday - India vs Australia or Bills vs Jags? 

He'll be the naked guy in the Guiness barrel.

10 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Interestingly, I heard Eric Wood on WGR yesterday and the subject of the Jags 2 wk stay being an advantage came up and he didn't automatically say it was -  said as a player he would much prefer being at home as long as possible with regular routine, surroundings, facilities, family etc than be away for 2 weeks

See if Trevor is speaking with a cockney accent yet...

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Well this seems odd to me.  Just said on OBL that they are taking the red eye to London so they won't be getting there until Friday mid day.  Why would they be leaving in the middle of the night like that?

You fly to Europe overnight so you can sleep on the plane, then when you land during the day you go right into it, have a regular day and then get to bed at the new normal time. Makes for a quicker adjustment.

Take off at midnight for a 6 hour flight. Get 6 hours of sleep like a night's sleep. Land at 6am old time/Noon new time. Have a normal day then get to sleep.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Nephilim17 said:

LOL, you feel booze guilt so you rush home and throw a couple back?  I have to think about that.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

LOL, you feel booze guilt so you rush home and throw a couple back?  I have to think about that.

Yeah. At some point we need to remember that time is an arbitrary construct of man. Why is 1:48pm right now? Because we all agree it is.

Edited by That's No Moon

4 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

It's a trap game.  They always play us tough and we are coming off a high.  This is an evolutionary step,we need to beat a team we should beat coming off a game like the fins.

Adorable that anyone believes in trap games

• Thank you (+1) 1