On to the JAGS

TFBillsfan

Great win by our Bills over the Dolphins. Now the focus shifts to the Jags who have weapons on offense and a D that the have Bills struggled against in the past.

Hopefully outside of Tre, everyone is healthy. Even though Von is back practicing I don’t expect he will active on game day for a few more weeks. Why rush it if we don’t need him right now.

Hoping the Bills D makes Trevor uncomfortable with pressure and shuts down their running game. Offensively, keep doing what you’ve been doing, play smart, physical and protect the ball. 

Lets not give Jax any hope and get out of England with a W.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

It's a trap game.  They always play us tough and we are coming off a high.  This is an evolutionary step,we need to beat a team we should beat coming off a game like the fins.

It's not really a trap game. They are/were a play off team and the best team in their division. 

Edited by warrior9
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

It's a trap game.  They always play us tough and we are coming off a high.  This is an evolutionary step,we need to beat a team we should beat coming off a game like the fins.

Remember the Jags!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

• Simon pinned this topic
6 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

All in favour of SoonerBillsFan changing their ID to 'Admiral Ackbar' say 'aye'.

😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Your weekly reminder that there is no such thing as a trap game, it’s figment of fan’s anxiety and the data prove it doesn’t exist.

That being said, Jags won their division last year and even if they didn’t there are MANY players on this team who remember losing to Jax when they sucked.

I don’t think this team over looks anyone. They are all business this year and it’s great to see.

I expect a closer game than Miami but we will take care of business. I’d like to see improvement on the D side in shutting down the run game better. On O, I expect more of the same balanced attack and Allen playing within the scheme.

W

Edited by RunTheBall
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Who has to step up for Bills after Tre'Davious White's Achilles tear?

espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills

r1232982_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=570&format=

Who's next at outside corner without White?

The top candidates to start without White are Benford and 2020 seventh-round pick Dane Jackson with Elam next in line to compete based on the start to the season.

Jackson started 14 games in 2022. He led the team last season in the most passes defensed as the nearest defender (12) and allowed just 1.6 yards after catch per reception as the nearest defender, lowest among the team’s cornerbacks who saw significant playing time. Jackson allowed a 62% completion percentage as the nearest defender (team average was 66.2%), three touchdowns and had two interceptions.

“I think when there's good competition it makes it hard, right? There's no free passes here,” McDermott said. “You got to know how to do things no matter where you're picked or what you're paid -- you've got to earn your spot. And just because [Elam] hasn't been active doesn't mean that we're not confident in Kaiir. We are extremely confident in Kaiir. To this point just a few players have outperformed him. So now is his chance.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I need another day to revel in that game and the Patriots smack down...I live in NE.  I need more than one day to move on.

Any update on the injury status of Judon and Gonzalez. Last I heard they said they would miss some time but didn't know how much. That is a big blow to the Pats defense.

Just now, Gregg said:

Any update on the injury status of Judon and Gonzalez. Last I heard they said they would miss some time but didn't know how much. That is a big blow to the Pats defense.

Judon requiring surgery. Out at least two months.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Bills win this one soundly.  Jags are very pedestrian. 

AND, i'm going against the grain here, and saying the location is a disadvantage for the Jags.  Yes, they're familiar now with the stadium, etc., but being away from home that long messes with routine.  

Bills by 20.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

When does the team head across the pond?

32 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thursday -according to McDermott

Just spitballing it...I would have thought they'd go over Sunday night or first thing Monday morning. More time to adjust for tme difference. Maybe they had no place to set up shop and practice Tues-Sat?

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Bicep surgery for Judon- out 2 months minimum.  I think their season will be over and he’ll stay on IR

Gonzalez dislocated shoulder.  Out indefinitely.  Maybe a couple weeks to a month or so

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I am still salty that we lost a home game and instead have to play a division winner in a different country, where they are the home away from home team, and who already have a week to prepare from the jet lag

Jet lag on a 5-hour difference is not really that big of a thing. Just force yourself to go to bed at the normal time regardless of how early it feels and then it's gone the next day. Use a sedative if you have to. Now, anything over 8 hours is a whole other thing. That takes days. When I went to Asia in the past, I would go nocturnal for a few days before departure to ease the transition.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

We're all meeting at @GunnerBill's place... correct?

Damn, I’m sailing down the Potomac today, guess I’ll miss that “ Pimms cup” toast, 😁👍

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Sounds like multiple weeks, nothing specific I have heard yet.  Agree, those are big losses for them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

i don't see a distinct direct flight scheduled from Buffalo to London. I cannot believe they will take a connection to another airline. They have used Delta plenty and they have the means to get them there in one flight and Niagara is plenty big enough to launch a big bird.

I'm not worried about the Jags.  I don't care that we played like crap and barely lost to them two years ago.  I also don't care that they won a terrible division at 9-8 last year.  The Jags are overhyped.  All this team needs to do is prepare like they have been and play like they are capable of.

49 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Who has to 'step up' for Bills after Tre'Davious White's Achilles tear?

Step up?!  
image.thumb.jpeg.f49750c4cf84def95f1377954e4068ce.jpeg

56 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Your weekly reminder that there is no such thing as a trap game, it’s figment of fan’s anxiety and the data prove it doesn’t exist.

That being said, Jags won their division last year and even if they didn’t there are MANY players on this team who remember losing to Jax when they sucked.

I don’t think this team over looks anyone. They are all business this year and it’s great to see.

I expect a closer game than Miami but we will take care of business. I’d like to see improvement on the D side in shutting down the run game better. On O, I expect more of the same balanced attack and Allen playing within the scheme.

W

Synopsis:  "No such thing as a trap game, blah blah blah..."

Should the unspeakable happen:

"Told you it was a trap game!" 🤨

Thus sayeth 85% of the board. 😇

The friggin Jags.

Feels like its been DECADES of dealing with this crap team and getting burnt way too many times.

Time to exorcise those demons and dominate. Hoping to see the same Bills team from the last 3 weeks and not the one that somehow always plays down to the Jags.

Want to see a big day out of OUR Josh Allen, and not hear about THEIR Josh Allen for once.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 3

Worried about the travel and Jags have extra time there.  I hope Josh is still pissed about that 6-3 game still a few years ago, he seems to have a long memory. I also worry about Etienne as Bills seem to struggle with those faster backs(Breece Hall, Achane).

Edited by boco357

45 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

In recent years, most teams have traveled Thursday, taking the ‘just deal with it’ attitude’ -like playing Thursday night..

I've flown to Heathrow many times in my life I can say that 2 full days to recover from jet lag is enough for a healthy 20 something player.  They'll be fine Sunday.  I think this may be tougher on the Jags, a lot of distractions in London for anyone.

Edited by GottaRun
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

I've flown to Heathrow many times in my life I can say that 2 full days to recover from jet lag is enough for a healthy 20 something player.  They'll be fine Sunday.  I think this may be tougher on the Jags, a lot of distractions in London for anyone.

I agree.  I traveled a lot to London in my 30's & 40's for work and didn't find the jet lag to be very bad.  A day or two and they'll be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, boyst said:

i don't see a distinct direct flight scheduled from Buffalo to London. I cannot believe they will take a connection to another airline. They have used Delta plenty and they have the means to get them there in one flight and Niagara is plenty big enough to launch a big bird.

They charter a whole plane. It will be a direct flight out of Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You don't wanna see em.

What’s the deal over there?  Is it hereditary?  Lack of good dentistry?  Dirt?  Just not caring?  

Working in vegas hospitality for 20+ years, I can tell a Brit before they even say a word.  A smile is all I need to know I’m about to get stiffed 🤣 🦷

• Haha (+1) 4

58 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Sounds like multiple weeks, nothing specific I have heard yet.  Agree, those are big losses for them.

There but for the grace of God....

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The friggin Jags.

Feels like its been DECADES of dealing with this crap team and getting the burnt way too many times.

Change the 'g' to a 'y', and you can go argue the point on a MLB baseball forum. 😁 AI has nothing on me. 😉

• Like (+1) 1