On to the JAGS

TFBillsfan

47 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Well this seems odd to me.  Just said on OBL that they are taking the red eye to London so they won't be getting there until Friday mid day.  Why would they be leaving in the middle of the night like that?

Because it’s early morning in the UK, which means they will arrive mid afternoon local time and that sets them up to better normalize for an afternoon kickoff on Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 2

CANNOT wait for this game. 5 of us headed down to London from Scotland.

Second time seeing 17 in the flesh, first time was @Jets last season 🤢🤢

Bills by 10, and Josh should be legally obligated to throw at least five BOMBS, never mind playing inside structure, dial those launch codes big man!! 🤣

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 6

Jags SHOULD be playing a lot better than they are right now.  Hopefully this isn't a game where they suddenly "figure it out".  

Could be a tough game due to travel and fatigue, Bills are the better team tho. Close game that could go either way or a Bills blowout, IMO.

5 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

It's

Just

Another

Game

But it's across the pond in the land of no dentists. Jags have been chilling over there waiting for us. Neutral field.

I think we still get it done!

I hope they have been chilling in British pubs all week.

51 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I hope they have been chilling in British pubs all week.

Trevor Lawrance doesn't strike me as a guy who enjoys a fine pint of cask ale. He seems like the type of guy who drinks Coors Light and crushes the can on his forehead.

Edited by FrenchConnection
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

It's a trap game.  They always play us tough and we are coming off a high.  This is an evolutionary step,we need to beat a team we should beat coming off a game like the fins.

Because of the "Trap Game Police" we're no longer allowed to use that terminology. If you want to convey that concept you have to refer to it as "a possible upset game."

If you want to expand on the concept you're allowed to say things like "the Bills could possibly let their guard down" or some such language.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I need to see nudes first.

Nudes of... the fellas?

5 hours ago, boyst said:

i don't see a distinct direct flight scheduled from Buffalo to London. I cannot believe they will take a connection to another airline. They have used Delta plenty and they have the means to get them there in one flight and Niagara is plenty big enough to launch a big bird.

I wonder when the last time it was that the Bills took a commercial flight.

3 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

New drinking game- take a shot when anyone says ‘across the pond’ this week 

Wait till after the game when everyone starts wondering when they'll be "stateside."

2 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

And I hate the 9:30 am start. I play football every Sunday morning. And I feel booze guilt if I start before noon. So I rush home after my game and throw a couple back and hopefully catch a good 4th quarter and a win.

6:30 am start here in Cali... beer in my Rice Krispies!!!

15 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Trevow Lawrance doesn't strike me as a guy who enjoys a fine pint of cask ale. He seems like the type of guy who drinks Coors Light and crushes the can on his forehead.

Na, T-Law definitely a glass of Lambrusco whilst he straightens his hair with Pink playing in the background #FACTS

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Because of the "Trap Game Police" we're no longer allowed to use that terminology. If you want to convey that concept you have to refer to it as "a possible upset game."

If you want to expand on the concept you're allowed to say things like "the Bills could possibly let their guard down" or some such language.

Nudes of... the fellas?

I wonder when the last time it was that the Bills took a commercial flight.

Wait till after the game when everyone starts wondering when they'll be "stateside."

6:30 am start here in Cali... beer in my Rice Krispies!!!

They have been using Delta regularly for a while. The flights are always listed and can be tracked. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Who has to step up for Bills after Tre'Davious White's Achilles tear?

espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills

r1232982_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=570&format=

Who's next at outside corner without White?

The top candidates to start without White are Benford and 2020 seventh-round pick Dane Jackson with Elam next in line to compete based on the start to the season.

Jackson started 14 games in 2022. He led the team last season in the most passes defensed as the nearest defender (12) and allowed just 1.6 yards after catch per reception as the nearest defender, lowest among the team’s cornerbacks who saw significant playing time. Jackson allowed a 62% completion percentage as the nearest defender (team average was 66.2%), three touchdowns and had two interceptions.

“I think when there's good competition it makes it hard, right? There's no free passes here,” McDermott said. “You got to know how to do things no matter where you're picked or what you're paid -- you've got to earn your spot. And just because [Elam] hasn't been active doesn't mean that we're not confident in Kaiir. We are extremely confident in Kaiir. To this point just a few players have outperformed him. So now is his chance.

I know that many here have been unhappy with the Elam situation, and consider it a bad reflection on Beane's record, but what a freaking luxury to have a player of Elam's caliber waiting in the wings, to fill in for Tre White.  He may not be a perfect match for McDermott's system, but he is a very skilled player, and in my opinion, is way better than any FA CB we could have found on the free agent market.  

I am much less stressed than I thought I would be with White's injury, thanks to a deep roster.  In Beane we trust.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Not sure if it’s been covered yet….probably has and I apologize if you’re annoyed: 

Is the game going to be on the NFL network and NFL+ or just NFL+?  My bills bar doesn’t have nfl+ but it has regular nfl network.  Is that sufficient or do we need to pay for NFL+?

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

They have been using Delta regularly for a while. The flights are always listed and can be tracked. 

Well, you are both correct. Delta has a charter business. 

Jacksonville has handed us some of the most annoying losses we've had going back years.  Multiple Wild Card losses.

9-6 a few years ago ?

Hopefully the Jags have an all day winery tour planned in Italy on Saturday, because why not?! They earned it after a nice win over Atlanta

Edited by Warriorspikes51

5 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Jet lag on a 5-hour difference is not really that big of a thing. Just force yourself to go to bed at the normal time regardless of how early it feels and then it's gone the next day. Use a sedative if you have to. Now, anything over 8 hours is a whole other thing. That takes days. When I went to Asia in the past, I would go nocturnal for a few days before departure to ease the transition.

Just getting back from a trip on a 6 hour ahead time change and the first few days was no a big deal and I don’t expect it to be for the Bills. Everyone is different though so you never know. I found as the two weeks away went on the more I got ***** up because I was waking up around 3 or 4 every night for an hour or so. I just couldn’t get out of it. Didn’t matter if I woke up early and kept busy all day then going to bed at a regular time just didn’t do it for me. Like I said, everyone is different. If some of the Jags players are in the same boat as I was it kind of drains you out after numerous days.  

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Well this seems odd to me.  Just said on OBL that they are taking the red eye to London so they won't be getting there until Friday mid day.  Why would they be leaving in the middle of the night like that?

if true, I hope it was discussed with the Team Captains / whole Team as to when they'd like to take the flight 

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not sure if it’s been covered yet….probably has and I apologize if you’re annoyed: 

Is the game going to be on the NFL network and NFL+ or just NFL+?  My bills bar doesn’t have nfl+ but it has regular nfl network.  Is that sufficient or do we need to pay for NFL+?

It's on NFL Network.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

And then there are those of us who are on the West Coast. 🤣

I get it though. For those of us on the West Coast, it’s easier for night games.

So... 6:30? Id be fine with that too

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Great win by our Bills over the Dolphins. Now the focus shifts to the Jags who have weapons on offense and a D that the have Bills struggled against in the past.

Hopefully outside of Tre, everyone is healthy. Even though Von is back practicing I don’t expect he will active on game day for a few more weeks. Why rush it if we don’t need him right now.

Hoping the Bills D makes Trevor uncomfortable with pressure and shuts down their running game. Offensively, keep doing what you’ve been doing, play smart, physical and protect the ball. 

Lets not give Jax any hope and get out of England with a W.

Now let's pump the brakes on that "D that the Bills have struggled against in the past".

Bills lost to the Jags 6-9 in 2021.  At that time, Urban Meyer was the HC and Joe Cullen was the DC.  Cullen came to the Jags from the Ravens, where he was their DL coach under first Dean Pees then Wink Martindale.  But before that his coaching "roots" go back to .....Lovie Smith and Leslie Frazier.

Currently, under Doug Pederson, we have Mike Caldwell as the DC.  Caldwell came from the Bucs, where he coached linebackers under Todd Bowles.  He came with Bowles from the Jets and before that the Cardinals.  But if you follow him back a bit further--- he coached for the Eagles under Andy Reid with Jim Johnson and Sean McDermott.

Anyway, the Jags now run a 3-4 base D while under Meyer/Cullen I believe it was a 4-3.  End Roy Robertson-Harris and LB Josh Allen are constants, and K'lavon Chaisson is still on the team.  Cisco and Jenkins are still the safeties, and there's some CBs who were starting who are now depth. 

Whether we'll have more or less trouble now, can't tell you - all I can tell you is 1) just because we had trouble 2 years ago doesn't mean trouble now, due to personnel changes, coaching changes scheme changes, etc 2) we better take them seriously, Or Else.  I think we wouldn't have had trouble in 2021 if we'd come into the game taking them more seriously, and if Daboll had a Plan B on tap other than to run empty sets and boatrace them with the passing game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Bills tied for 1st in the NFL for sacks. And we have Von back soon. That's a scary thought for QBs.

Anyone miss Frazier?

This brings up a question other than the Frazier one...  Did we need to spend $120 million on Von when we can pressure the QB without him?

I love Von.  But I'd love a top-five OL, too.  $120MM could have bought a lot of beefy bodyguards for Josh.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills unfortunate circumstances set themselves up for success against the Jags in london

atozsports.com

usatsi_21548517.webp

There's been a conversation across social media about how the team was playing in Buffalo, now traveling to London, to prepare for a game against a team that's had extra time spent in the country in order to prepare. Buffalo has been given a slight disadvantage, but previous history may swing in the Bills' favor.

Just last season, the Bills were in an unfortunate circumstance that forced them to play three games in 12 days, an unprecedented accomplishment in the modern NFL. What's more, all 3 of these games were outside of Orchard Park.

On top of the 3 games in 12 days, the team was battling illnesses, and injuries, overcoming tragic incidents in the community, and so much more.

-----

DraftKings Sees a Bills edge regardless of little time to shake off the jet lag.

BUF Bills -5.5

Spread

JAX Jaguars @ BUF Bills

Game played at neutral venue - London, U.K.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

This brings up a question other than the Frazier one...  Did we need to spend $120 million on Von when we can pressure the QB without him?

I love Von.  But I'd love a top-five OL, too.  $120MM could have bought a lot of beefy bodyguards for Josh.

Josh's beefy bodyguards are fine these days so, now that we have both Im happy.

But here's my thought on Von. I believe it may be fair to wonder if guys like Groot and AJE display the talent level that they do now without having Von here and really take a hands on approach to educate them. The pass rush camp Von holds is an example and who knows if they get that invite without him here. 

Who knows if Floyd signs here without Von (likely) in his ear. And Miller himself wasn't a slouch when he was on the field.

Also, what happens, football god forbid if we lose Floyd or Groot for the season. Edge depth... especially boarder line elite edge depth is never a waste of money.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I want to just hate this take, but I can't, dang that's tough. I mean let's at least see this defense with Von in it, especially now that White is down.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Bills unfortunate circumstances set themselves up for success against the Jags in london

atozsports.com

usatsi_21548517.webp

There's been a conversation across social media about how the team was playing in Buffalo, now traveling to London, to prepare for a game against a team that's had extra time spent in the country in order to prepare. Buffalo has been given a slight disadvantage, but previous history may swing in the Bills' favor.

Just last season, the Bills were in an unfortunate circumstance that forced them to play three games in 12 days, an unprecedented accomplishment in the modern NFL. What's more, all 3 of these games were outside of Orchard Park.

On top of the 3 games in 12 days, the team was battling illnesses, and injuries, overcoming tragic incidents in the community, and so much more.

-----

DraftKings Sees a Bills edge regardless of little time to shake off the jet lag.

BUF Bills -5.5

Spread

JAX Jaguars @ BUF Bills

Game played at neutral venue - London, U.K.

Normally if this game was in Jacksonville I would have my "normal" level of anxiety but the whole London thing (much like Thursday games) just always has me feeling like "funky" things can happen. 

8 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

This is the mother of 20/20 hindsight posts. When we signed Von in March of ‘22, did you have the belief that we could pressure the QB with the front four at the time? I know I didn’t.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

7 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

It's a trap game.  They always play us tough and we are coming off a high.  This is an evolutionary step,we need to beat a team we should beat coming off a game like the fins.

Not a trap game.  They are a playoff team that beat us in the last meeting.  We owe them an azz kicking.  

The only issue is the travel and the related distractions.  We are veteran team now, one that has overcome adversity in the past, and we should be able to manage this situation.  

We need a calm and patient Josh and another good effort by the McDefense.  If we get these things then the score is: 

Bills - 31

Jax - 17 

Edited by Bob in STL

Battles to watch:

Jags have 3 solid corners; Dawkins and Jax's Josh Allen should be fun to watch; McGovern will have his hands full. Benford and Poyer will have to play well. 

Lawrence will be a totally different challenge than any of the QB's we have faced so far, although we practice against our Josh Allen every day, who is of similar size and arm talent.

Jags have looked extremely mediocre.  Lawrence looks extremely mediocre,  I'm very surprised.  Been paying attention to them because I have Lawrence and Ridley in fantasy , I was very hogh on Jax coming into the season. Lucky to be 2-2 in a 12 man 200$ league 

Benching Lawrence for Goff, probably sticking with Ridley but there's really no excuse for a loss. We're a level above on both sides of the ball. Just hope the flight and a big W doesn't get us complacent 

Edited by JerseyBills

8 minutes ago, K-9 said:

This is the mother of 20/20 hindsight posts. When we signed Von in March of ‘22, did you have the belief that we could pressure the QB with the front four at the time? I know I didn’t.

At the time, I thought it was a great signing in the sense that it addressed a notable need.  

But I did wonder if it was the wisest way to spend $120 million.  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, GottaRun said:

I think this may be tougher on the Jags, a lot of distractions in London for anyone.

Like the Raiders. For jags, being on a “work trip” for 2 wks can drag. It sounds all fancy but many people like to be home, family, girlfriend, bed, food

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I want to just hate this take, but I can't, dang that's tough. I mean let's at least see this defense with Von in it, especially now that White is down.

I was a bit critical of the Von signing when it happened.  It seemed like a lot of money for a DE on the backside of his career.  I felt there were better ways to use our limited cap dollars.   

Then again, he's still a tremendous player & a team guy, and DE was certainly a position of need.   

At this point, I guess, it's money under the bridge and I think it'll be fun to see what he adds to this already talented, productive group.  Especially with Tre out, it's nice to have guys who can get after a QB.  

• Like (+1) 2

We know the yr is long. With D, any of 11+ guys go down and Vonn helps. LB DB DL. Vonn will help the rush which helps all levels. He’s great and he will help us down the stretch—not a doubt. And, oh yeah, great attitude too ;)

Edited by Since1981