On to the JAGS

TFBillsfan

47 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Well this seems odd to me.  Just said on OBL that they are taking the red eye to London so they won't be getting there until Friday mid day.  Why would they be leaving in the middle of the night like that?

Because it’s early morning in the UK, which means they will arrive mid afternoon local time and that sets them up to better normalize for an afternoon kickoff on Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 2

CANNOT wait for this game. 5 of us headed down to London from Scotland.

Second time seeing 17 in the flesh, first time was @Jets last season 🤢🤢

Bills by 10, and Josh should be legally obligated to throw at least five BOMBS, never mind playing inside structure, dial those launch codes big man!! 🤣

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 6

Jags SHOULD be playing a lot better than they are right now.  Hopefully this isn't a game where they suddenly "figure it out".  

Could be a tough game due to travel and fatigue, Bills are the better team tho. Close game that could go either way or a Bills blowout, IMO.

5 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

It's

Just

Another

Game

But it's across the pond in the land of no dentists. Jags have been chilling over there waiting for us. Neutral field.

I think we still get it done!

I hope they have been chilling in British pubs all week.

51 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I hope they have been chilling in British pubs all week.

Trevor Lawrance doesn't strike me as a guy who enjoys a fine pint of cask ale. He seems like the type of guy who drinks Coors Light and crushes the can on his forehead.

Edited by FrenchConnection
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

It's a trap game.  They always play us tough and we are coming off a high.  This is an evolutionary step,we need to beat a team we should beat coming off a game like the fins.

Because of the "Trap Game Police" we're no longer allowed to use that terminology. If you want to convey that concept you have to refer to it as "a possible upset game."

If you want to expand on the concept you're allowed to say things like "the Bills could possibly let their guard down" or some such language.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I need to see nudes first.

Nudes of... the fellas?

5 hours ago, boyst said:

i don't see a distinct direct flight scheduled from Buffalo to London. I cannot believe they will take a connection to another airline. They have used Delta plenty and they have the means to get them there in one flight and Niagara is plenty big enough to launch a big bird.

I wonder when the last time it was that the Bills took a commercial flight.

3 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

New drinking game- take a shot when anyone says ‘across the pond’ this week 

Wait till after the game when everyone starts wondering when they'll be "stateside."

2 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

And I hate the 9:30 am start. I play football every Sunday morning. And I feel booze guilt if I start before noon. So I rush home after my game and throw a couple back and hopefully catch a good 4th quarter and a win.

6:30 am start here in Cali... beer in my Rice Krispies!!!

15 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Trevow Lawrance doesn't strike me as a guy who enjoys a fine pint of cask ale. He seems like the type of guy who drinks Coors Light and crushes the can on his forehead.

Na, T-Law definitely a glass of Lambrusco whilst he straightens his hair with Pink playing in the background #FACTS

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Because of the "Trap Game Police" we're no longer allowed to use that terminology. If you want to convey that concept you have to refer to it as "a possible upset game."

If you want to expand on the concept you're allowed to say things like "the Bills could possibly let their guard down" or some such language.

Nudes of... the fellas?

I wonder when the last time it was that the Bills took a commercial flight.

Wait till after the game when everyone starts wondering when they'll be "stateside."

6:30 am start here in Cali... beer in my Rice Krispies!!!

They have been using Delta regularly for a while. The flights are always listed and can be tracked. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Who has to step up for Bills after Tre'Davious White's Achilles tear?

espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills

r1232982_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=570&format=

Who's next at outside corner without White?

The top candidates to start without White are Benford and 2020 seventh-round pick Dane Jackson with Elam next in line to compete based on the start to the season.

Jackson started 14 games in 2022. He led the team last season in the most passes defensed as the nearest defender (12) and allowed just 1.6 yards after catch per reception as the nearest defender, lowest among the team’s cornerbacks who saw significant playing time. Jackson allowed a 62% completion percentage as the nearest defender (team average was 66.2%), three touchdowns and had two interceptions.

“I think when there's good competition it makes it hard, right? There's no free passes here,” McDermott said. “You got to know how to do things no matter where you're picked or what you're paid -- you've got to earn your spot. And just because [Elam] hasn't been active doesn't mean that we're not confident in Kaiir. We are extremely confident in Kaiir. To this point just a few players have outperformed him. So now is his chance.

I know that many here have been unhappy with the Elam situation, and consider it a bad reflection on Beane's record, but what a freaking luxury to have a player of Elam's caliber waiting in the wings, to fill in for Tre White.  He may not be a perfect match for McDermott's system, but he is a very skilled player, and in my opinion, is way better than any FA CB we could have found on the free agent market.  

I am much less stressed than I thought I would be with White's injury, thanks to a deep roster.  In Beane we trust.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Not sure if it’s been covered yet….probably has and I apologize if you’re annoyed: 

Is the game going to be on the NFL network and NFL+ or just NFL+?  My bills bar doesn’t have nfl+ but it has regular nfl network.  Is that sufficient or do we need to pay for NFL+?

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

They have been using Delta regularly for a while. The flights are always listed and can be tracked. 

Well, you are both correct. Delta has a charter business. 

Jacksonville has handed us some of the most annoying losses we've had going back years.  Multiple Wild Card losses.

9-6 a few years ago ?

Hopefully the Jags have an all day winery tour planned in Italy on Saturday, because why not?! They earned it after a nice win over Atlanta

Edited by Warriorspikes51

5 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Jet lag on a 5-hour difference is not really that big of a thing. Just force yourself to go to bed at the normal time regardless of how early it feels and then it's gone the next day. Use a sedative if you have to. Now, anything over 8 hours is a whole other thing. That takes days. When I went to Asia in the past, I would go nocturnal for a few days before departure to ease the transition.

Just getting back from a trip on a 6 hour ahead time change and the first few days was no a big deal and I don’t expect it to be for the Bills. Everyone is different though so you never know. I found as the two weeks away went on the more I got ***** up because I was waking up around 3 or 4 every night for an hour or so. I just couldn’t get out of it. Didn’t matter if I woke up early and kept busy all day then going to bed at a regular time just didn’t do it for me. Like I said, everyone is different. If some of the Jags players are in the same boat as I was it kind of drains you out after numerous days.  

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Well this seems odd to me.  Just said on OBL that they are taking the red eye to London so they won't be getting there until Friday mid day.  Why would they be leaving in the middle of the night like that?

if true, I hope it was discussed with the Team Captains / whole Team as to when they'd like to take the flight 

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not sure if it’s been covered yet….probably has and I apologize if you’re annoyed: 

Is the game going to be on the NFL network and NFL+ or just NFL+?  My bills bar doesn’t have nfl+ but it has regular nfl network.  Is that sufficient or do we need to pay for NFL+?

It's on NFL Network.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1