Let’s go Kaiir!!!!

RiotAct

You balled out last year and came up with a couple huge plays when it mattered most (@KC, and vs. MIA in the Wild Card game).

LFG!!!  You’re on the Catbird Seat now.  Bills Mafia is behind you   You’ll never have a bigger shot than right here right now with Tre out for the season again   🙏🙏🙏

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 14
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I agree with all of this. Except as of right now it’s just a speculation that White will be out the season. Don’t think it’s confirmed yet. But I agree it’s most likely the scenario and yes I agree about Elam. Hopefully being sat for 4 weeks lights a fire under him 

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Great message, and hope he does well. But I believe Dane Jackson is next man up there.

This is also most likely as of right now. At least until another injury or until Jackson shows he’s limited. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Great message, and hope he does well. But I believe Dane Jackson is next man up there.

yep you’re probably right on that.  Situationally though he will probably get on the field  in some important moments.  We’ll see.  Plus, once we get Von back… that might make up for losing White and then some.

• Agree 1

It's sink or swim time young fella. If being benched for 4 weeks doesn't put a chip on you're shoulder to show up and show out then I doubt anything will. I hate losing Trey but if there is any position I'm confident about with this coaching staff it's at corner back.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

It's sink or swim time young fella. If being benched for 4 weeks doesn't put a chip on you're shoulder to show up and show out then I doubt anything will. I hate losing Trey but if there is any position I'm confident about with this coaching staff it's at corner back.

Perfect post.

Let's go Kaiir!  We Billieve!

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Do we know anything on Benford? That added onto Tre left me feeling in the dumps TBH. Hate to admit it, but im eyeball to eyeball with Fin fans after that injury ughhhhhh

He was in at the end of the game. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

Do we know anything on Benford? That added onto Tre left me feeling in the dumps TBH. Hate to admit it, but im eyeball to eyeball with Fin fans after that injury ughhhhhh

Well Christian finished the game, after Tre went down.  He's a tough dude, proved it LY, but I don't think they risk that if it was serious.  So expect him to be ready next week.

Tre injury sucks, and everyone should be upset for Tre...great guy/leader/hard worker. 

But it's the NFL, and we see these injuries happen every week.  Aaron achilles, Trevon Diggs ACL, etc.  It's more emotional, seeing Tre reaction and knowing what he went thru LY with ACL recovery.  Just have to get past it and "next man up", as Coach says.

Each year it's a game of attrition and any serious SB contender needs to keep most of their "stars" healthy, and have depth/guys step up.  Not to sound rude, I think Tre is back to being a very good/above average corner, but not a "star" anymore.  Dane/Elam will need to step up.  

Milano, Von, Groot, Ed, Floyd, Hyde...all more important to our defense success this year...JMO.

Offense: obviously Josh and Diggs, then Dion.

Those are the "stars"/extremely critical players to our success, IMO.  Dane isn't Tre, neither is Elam at this point, but has most potential given his natural talent.

All that to say, fingers crossed on news about Tre (expecting the worst) and prayers to him/family, but we will fine as a defense.

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Yeah, he returned to the game which led to me breathing a huge sigh of relief. When Tre went down I thought "we could survive this if Benford wasn't getting X-Rays done right now". I thought he was out long term. Him returning was massive. With the way the rest of the D plays, I think we'll be okay with Benford on one side and Jackson and Elam swapping in and out.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

He had a few other solid snaps I saw as well. People like to talk smack on him, but the guy can play ball.

My biggest gripe with him were his missed tackles on multiple end arounds. He was lunging and not moving his feet….benefit of the doubt coming in off the bench this week but yes he did make some nice plays while giving up a few others 

1 hour ago, BillzFreak said:

That's not why they benched him.  He could have showed out any time before now...

5 minutes ago, Success said:

We had a 1st round pick - who we know is good - not even suiting up this year.

Our depth at CB is great.  And I'm excited that Elam will have an opportunity.  He's a talented player.

He's physically talented.  We play a zone most of the time and if you don't know where you are supposed to be and can't stop grabbing guys it doesn't matter what your 40 time is.  Hopefully the time he's had watching he's been learning also.

I'd actually be interested to see if throwing him out there he could play through some of the mistakes and learn on the field but when you have a really good team you don't usually get those opportunities.

Edited by Maine-iac
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

He's physically talented.  We play a zone most of the time and if you don't know where you are supposed to be and can't stop grabbing guys it doesn't matter what your 40 time is.  Hopefully the time he's had watching he's been learning also.

I'd actually be interested to see if throwing him out there he could play through some of the mistakes and learn on the field but when you have a really good team you don't usually get those opportunities.

I think this is where the big intrigue is at. Trial by fire can be great for guys, hopefully they mix him in to get some of that through out the year bc he just moved up and is going to see playing time if Tre thing is confirmed

God dang, i wish theyd just overturned that 4th & 1 for a first now. Hate playing that game mentally

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.