Let’s go Kaiir!!!!

RiotAct

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No sense of leverage at all.  Technique just garbage.  Hyde was yelling at him all game.

Unfortunately he's obviously a complete 1st round bust. Too bad McDuffie went first.  Time to cut him and your losses. We couldn't get a 7th for him.  Too bad and a poor selection by McB.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Unfortunately he's obviously a complete 1st round bust. Too bad McDuffie went first.  Time to cut him and your losses. We couldn't get a 7th for him.  Too bad and a poor selection by McB.

I think the bills were between a rock and a hard place in last year‘s draft.  They desperately needed a cornerback and unfortunately there was a run on CBs  just before the bills pick.
Normally, I think they would’ve just gone with the proverbially ‘best player available’, but circumstances dictated that they had to fill the vital defensive position.
Wallace was gone and they couldn’t be sure when Tre would be returning or how effective he’d be.  Kaiir was a reach.  
  I suspect Bean and McDermott both felt that way at the time but didn’t have a lot of options.  I don’t recall the exact circumstances, but I don’t know what free agents may have been available, or if they even had cap room for any candidates. Probably negative on both counts since they let Wallace walk.

After viewing McDermott’s post game presser following the Jaguars game, his replies and body language to the Elam questions made it clear that the usually diplomatic McD not a Kaiir Elam fan. 
Sadly, Elam is going to go down in Bills’ history as a first round bust, and unless some other team has a rash of corner back injuries, he’s not likely to fetch much of anything in the trade market. 

Why so many are acting like Elam is a bust and can NEVER be a good player is so inanely silly. Elam had a fairly bad game against the Jags. But considering the circumstances are you really going to write him off for having a bad game while

1- Playing a game in London a time zone he never played in. Against a team who played in London last week.

2- A player who went form an inactive four weeks straight to starting? 

3- Played against a good WR for his first start of the season?

We all sit here and B word when KC uses September and October (and even early November) games to get young players ready for the playoffs allowing for growing pains in the regular season as opposed to playing vets all year. 

The Bills have a chance to do that with Elam and people B word about the growing pains…

• Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Why so many are acting like Elam is a bust and can NEVER be a good player is so inanely silly. Elam had a fairly bad game against the Jags. But considering the circumstances are you really going to write him off for having a bad game while

1- Playing a game in London a time zone he never played in. Against a team who played in London last week.

2- A player who went form an inactive four weeks straight to starting? 

3- Played against a good WR for his first start of the season?

We all sit here and B word when KC uses September and October (and even early November) games to get young players ready for the playoffs allowing for growing pains in the regular season as opposed to playing vets all year. 

The Bills have a chance to do that with Elam and people B word about the growing pains…

1625573551864?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=7Ja3

28 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Yeah I am telling you writing off a player for one game under these circumstances is very stupid. I think Elam will look better in a month. This same board wrote off Bernard after 2022 as a wasted pick

Except that Elam had all last year as well and was equally terrible. He was so bad in training camp that Diggs didn't want him on the field because he would just hold him every play

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.