Dolphins @ Bills Postgame thread

djp14150

6 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Some folks here calling Miami a trash team. That is a bit much, but I know folks are feeling good... and we squished the fish.

I don't think they're a trash team.

They have plenty of talent and should win their share of games and took us down to the wire at home last year in the playoff game.

You're right of course, but it is more a reaction to the over the top hype after week 3 that seems to occur every year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, finn said:

The one to Shakir was perfect and probably should have been caught. 

That was nothing less than a perfect pass and an absolutely atrocious effort to catch it, that ball is caught 98% of the time by competent NFL WRs… of which Shakir is not.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

AFC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK!! GROOT should get it for the defense 

That's would only be the *checks notes* .... 5th time in 11 games against them if he does win it (no question he will with that performance).

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Some folks here calling Miami a trash team. That is a bit much, but I know folks are feeling good... and we squished the fish.

I don't think they're a trash team.

They have plenty of talent and should win their share of games and took us down to the wire at home last year in the playoff game.

The Bills are better this year I think offensively and defensively.

We have a vastly improved OL and RBs, and I think we have a better defense. Where we got stops today they could not stop our offense and we started to pull away. Their offense has not faced a defense that could slow them down or even force a punt.

They pressed as most teams do when falling behind and turned the ball over. It snowballed from there.

Heck, we had two easy INTs we dropped and a forced fumble they recovered. Could have been even more lopsided.

We have the better D and an efficient scoring offense. They are going to have a hard time beating us this year, but they will likely beat up on plenty of other teams.

I think it's a bit of understandable vitriol after Miami was crowned champions Week 3.

The Dolphins are a good team. They were a good team last year. But the hype they've been getting is unreal and it's nice to see reality set in that they are mortal 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Miami is a legit top 5 team.  anyone disagree?  we're better.

In the NFL, I would disagree.  In the AFC, probably.   Of course, Cincy, PIttsburgh, and Jax -- all teams that seemed likely to be contenders -- seem to have taken steps backwards early in the season.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I could be imagining this but he seems a bit different in these now, almost like he's a bit more business-like and serious. Not quite as jokey as he used to be. It might have something to do with Tre but I've noticed it the last few weeks too.

I like it

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, stevestojan said:

Starting to think a McD run defense would have altered the outcome of 13 seconds. 

If we had this defense playing like they are playing right now back then, we wouldn't have even gotten to 13 seconds.  It would have been a party way before that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

MVP

If only we could play such a bad team every week instead of an amazing team like the Broncos, chargers and patriots.  Then Allen would be in the MVP race. 🤣

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

Unbelievable game today. This defense is unlike anything we've had for years. Aggressive, splash plays all over the field. Causing confusion and havoc for the QB, and getting consistent pressure.

Josh Allen just needs to stay calm, cool, and collected like he has the past couple of weeks.

• Like (+1) 4

What I love seeing, is the Bills offense.

They have shifted Allen to read 1 long then to short or vice versa.  His reads have changed since the Jets game and as along as they can make that shift to read keys short to long, long to short based on defensive scheme, not sure how the offense gets stopped completely.  

No more long developing routes where all routes are 15+ yds down the field and Allen almost trying to be too aggressive.  It is about balance.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.