Stat to ponder: Josh Allen: 3 rushes for 7 yards.

ChicagoRic

5 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

In seasons past this stat line would have been a disaster.  Sure is nice to have a running game that does not flow through the QB.

I like "Patient" Josh.

Josh had 2 games with under 10 yards rushing last year and they were both 40 pt blowout wins in 2021. He had 2 in 2022 and again, both big wins. 

You’re mistaking cause and effect lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Cook Murray and Harris - 30 carries 178 yards.  Wow!

Murray runs super violent.  You'd think he was 5 years younger. Harris too. Great complements ro Cook

If you look at his career touches (ie number of times he's been tackled), he practically is 5 years younger!

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, mabden said:

On a lot of plays,I could see Allen looking down field first, then went with the "safe" throw.   I think it's more Josh being less selfish and more accountable to his team.

I’ve never seen that side of Josh as “selfish” necessarily. It’s kind of how he’s always been wired and it’s an internal battle for him to play the way he did today and just take what the defense gives him. He’s a slinger at heart. 

He’ll get those opportunities again to sling though if he can prove he can consistently make defenses pay by taking the shorties but they’ll actually be good opportunities instead of forced ones. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Cook Murray and Harris - 30 carries 178 yards. 5.9 ypc  Wow!

Murray runs super violent.  You'd think he was 5 years younger. Harris too. Great complements ro Cook

The best backfield of the Allen era. It was so gratifying to watch them pounding it with Harris and Murray AND Cook getting around the edge multiple times.

Keep Josh healthy so he’s got that extra gear when he needs it.

49 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Um he got his head taken off refusing to slide. 

lucky that was his college teammate!  Also, everyone knows Allen likes to hurdle, it likely never works again.  He could fake hurdle, get the defender "high" and then run him over perhaps.  Or just, you know, slide.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

The best backfield of the Allen era. It was so gratifying to watch them pounding it with Harris and Murray AND Cook getting around the edge multiple times.

Murray seems like he wants a ring

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Ya i loved the rush attack. Finally have 2 bruisers that can get yards inside the 10 and limit Josh running 

Cook was also solid in between the tackles

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mabden said:

On a lot of plays,I could see Allen looking down field first, then went with the "safe" throw.   I think it's more Josh being less selfish and more accountable to his team.

I probably know which play that was, he looked short first then long then went back to short. If he would have went short first the play would have gained more. But baby steps I guess, at least he didn’t force the long one.

4 hours ago, LEBills said:

They played a lot of zone to protect against the QB scramble, also we crushed them and everything else was working great 👍

Kudos to Dorsey and Allen for understanding what the Raiders were doing and showing the discipline to adjust and take what the Raiders were giving.

5 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

In seasons past this stat line would have been a disaster.  Sure is nice to have a running game that does not flow through the QB.

I like "Patient" Josh.

4 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

And in 3 carries he still managed to attempt to leap over someone AND take an elbow to the head because he didn't slide. Amazing.

Yup. He reduced the number of unnecessary hits and yet still put himself in harm's way.

4 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Every game is different and requires a new way to win that is the take away 

True... if it's the playoffs I give him more latitude to carry the ball but not in week 2.

4 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I was totally wrong about Cook or....his attitude has done a 180 since last year.  Maybe both.  Looked fantastic today.

Cook actually started playing better (more physically) AFTER Murray and Harris started getting carries. It seemed that the competition for touches lit a bit of a fire under him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Love the new run game.  

It does though seem that we are now throwing a lot of short passes to guys standing still and to guys 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage.  Coach Gailey type stuff. Not sure what's up with that.

With a win like that however, no complaints.

Edited by reddogblitz

My issues with with the offense is that it seems to be all deep balls or all check downs. I always hear annoucers say Josh Allen needs to take what defense give us. But i felt there were times last year at the end where teams wouldnt give us the underneath stuff but Josh was trying to force it cause he is always told he needs to play smarter. Yesterday seemed like all short passes... and while it was successful. Those passes werent working against the Jets. A much better defense. I really believe we need to find a good mix of deep and short passes.

11 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

lucky that was his college teammate!  Also, everyone knows Allen likes to hurdle, it likely never works again.  He could fake hurdle, get the defender "high" and then run him over perhaps.  Or just, you know, slide.  

He's talking about the other time he took a hit. The attempted hurdle over his ex teammate was a different one.

On 9/17/2023 at 7:13 PM, ChicagoRic said:

I like "Patient" Josh.

It’s nice to see the offense rebound and establish the run while minimizing Josh’s rushes. But let’s see how things are when they face another elite  D line like Dallas.  The Raiders are average  at best 

On 9/17/2023 at 7:13 PM, ChicagoRic said:

I like "Patient" Josh.

Great point but they should also convince this guy to slide in case he runs after getting flushed. The first game had him getting popped on designed runs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.