2023 NFL Season - Week #1 - Bills at Jets - 2nd half game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Jets defense is terrific. Little credit there.

This.
I keep reminding myself of this.

The Jets have an All-Pro on all 3 levels of defense.

Quinnen Williams on the d-line. Sauce in secondary. And I forget the LB’s name.

They are an elite defense.

It's just a great defense, disciplined, great tackling, athletic, fast. Our skill players match up, but our line is two or three levels below their d-line in quality, and that's the difference.

By the way, the score would be the same with Rogers in there. 

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

That third down pass to Cook is the type of play that would be nice on first or second down. Instead, we’re looking to launch the ball down field every play. 

Don’t really understand this criticism…everyone’s screaming for underneath routes and he gave his guy a chance to make a play

I said going into this game that the weakness of the Jets are the LBs in coverage over the middle of the field.  You can count on a couple of fingers how much we have tested that part of the field.  Kincaid and Knox should have double the targets they do.  That's on Dorsey.

• Like (+1) 1

What is this garbage offense? It was looking great with short passes to Harty/ Kincaid/Cook/Diggs now everything is back to the long ball.... No screens, no creativity, if this is what the offense is going to look like all season it will be more of the same. We started off great, 2 screen plays to Harty, how about some design screens to our newly drafted TE or Knox? 

I know this defense is top notch but there is no excuse for these long balls on every play.