Mike Vick at Bills practice and the nfl script release

JerseyBills

SMH this man tests my Christian faith. I am mandated to forgive but what he was convicted of reeks of evil to me. I forgive but I cannot forget.

Spoken like a pittie advocate and rescuer. Which is true. so I am Very biased here.

so he can just go away I care zilch nada about him any more.  I'll just leave it at that. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, muppy said:

SMH this man tests my Christian faith. I am mandated to forgive but what he was convicted of reeks of evil to me. I forgive but I cannot forget.

Spoken like a pittie advocate and rescuer. Which is true. so I am Very biased here.

so he can just go away I care zilch nada about him any more.  I'll just leave it at that. 

forgiveness =/= reconciliation

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

What next step does Vick know how to get to? 

more cliches....players have to step up....execute the offense, impose their will, win the battle of the trenches, establish the run

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I hated Vick more than anyone I think.  I saw him get reinstated, make millions again, and looked forced doing appearances and stuff for community service.  It disgusted me to see the media and Eagles fans spin this positive narrative.

But over the years, I have noticed Vick doing good things, speaking to young people when the cameras are off and he has little to gain.  He has stayed completely out of trouble.  He paid the price for what he did, and I truly believe he learned his lesson and became a better person because of it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I hated Vick more than anyone I think.  I saw him get reinstated, make millions again, and looked forced doing appearances and stuff for community service.  It disgusted me to see the media and Eagles fans spin this positive narrative.

But over the years, I have noticed Vick doing good things, speaking to young people when the cameras are off and he has little to gain.  He has stayed completely out of trouble.  He paid the price for what he did, and I truly believe he learned his lesson and became a better person because of it.

If he hadn't been busted he'd still be doing it. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6

1 hour ago, muppy said:

Muppy Muppy Muppy.  Christian faith tells us to forgive and forget. I dont want to get into religion in here but yea.. just saying

and

I totally get what/where your coming from.

16 minutes ago, T&C said:

If he hadn't been busted he'd still be doing it. 

Yes, that is probably true.  Maybe it would be worse with a network of similar organizations, who knows?

He did get busted and he lost a lot because of it.  

I understand if people are still angry with him/have no use for him/etc.  I'm a dog guy, so when all this was happening and well into his 'return', I was frothing at the mouth with hate.  Somewhere along the line, I forgave and believe that he changed.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

Apparently Josh Allen is so good in Madden this year it’s being compared to the year Vick was a cheat code in 04

I had a play to burn before the half with him and came within an inch of juking (edit: and hurdling (can’t forget the hurdling)) through a defense to the house from our 20.

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Perhaps.  But he was busted and he did real time for it.  The rich and famous usually avoid consequences but Vick paid his debt to society.  

Sadly, it's not good enough

Really says a lot more about the others who hold such space in their heart to still hate the dude who never impacted their life beyond some fantasy game or viewing habits.

People are stupid.

• Like (+1) 3

Not really sure why bringing in a criminal to speak to the players was ever considered a good idea? Who came up with it and then who slammed the table and was like “YES”. For an organization that preaches character this seems like an odd choice. Could have brought in any of the thousands of players of NFL past. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, boyst said:

Sadly, it's not good enough

Really says a lot more about the others who hold such space in their heart to still hate the dude who never impacted their life beyond some fantasy game or viewing habits.

People are stupid.

If he was a guy you worked with or your neighbor doing that in his back yard, you wouldn't be saying it's cool to come to your office now and chat up the fellas or knocking on your door to hang out after he did his time.

Hero worship is stupid.

6 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Not really sure why bringing in a criminal to speak to the players was ever considered a good idea? Who came up with it and then who slammed the table and was like “YES”. For an organization that preaches character this seems like an odd choice. Could have brought in any of the thousands of players of NFL past. 

OJ was busy?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

You cannot sway me at all in having anything but disdain for this low-life piece of *****. 

Actually shocked the Bills franchise would place him, of all people, into the BIlls organization, all knowing it will rub many people wrongly.

Shameful imo.

Yeah this is very wierd and out of character for the Bills organization?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If he was a guy you worked with or your neighbor doing that in his back yard, you wouldn't be saying it's cool to come to your office now and chat up the fellas or knocking on your door to hang out after he did his time.

Hero worship is stupid.

OJ was busy?

...that's a whole lot of presumptuous bull#### right there big fella.

Let's break this horsebleepof yours down:

A- you have no idea what type of neighborhood or work I have

B- what's great, I don't either. Coworkers and neighbors could be serial killers in their past and id never know. I don't judge or research such bull####

C- I don't judge people based on something of their past, something I wasn't involved with, something 20 years ago that they've done their "time for."

D- you don't ever see me mock these d- bag sportsball players who don't impress me with their intellect, "dangerous jobs," or anything. I don't think they are heros. Nor are nurses, teachers, firefighters, or police. It's their job. Shut up and do it ... Or don't. 

... seriously, you couldn't have picked a more wrong take on this with me. Jesus weo.

Edited by boyst
Word filter didn't work and I get slapped around for system flaws when it doesn't

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

...that's a whole lot of presumptuous bull#### right there big fella.

Let's break this horsebleepof yours down:

A- you have no idea what type of neighborhood or work I have

B- what's great, I don't either. Coworkers and neighbors could be serial killers in their past and id never know. I don't judge or research such bull####

C- I don't judge people based on something of their past, something I wasn't involved with, something 20 years ago that they've done their "time for."

D- you don't ever see me mock these d- bag sportsball players who don't impress me with their intellect, "dangerous jobs," or anything. I don't think they are heros. Nor are nurses, teachers, firefighters, or police. It's their job. Shut up and do it ... Or don't. 

... seriously, you couldn't have picked a more wrong take on this with me. Jesus weo.

settle down.

none of the bolded matters.  you wouldn't have that guy anywhere near you after he got out.  you certainly wouldn't invite him over.

That's all.

13 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I dunno, maybe because it's instructive to meet and speak with people who have had major adversity in their life and have turned their life around and found new success through change.

I'm also going to throw out there that Beane and McDermott aren't shy about their Christian morals and part of that (the part people like to forget) is forgiveness and not lying in judgement of others. Vick paid his debt to our society and will be judged by a higher power after his passing. 

• Like (+1) 3

Yeah this is pretty weird, wonder if there's more to the connection. Otherwise you'd think any other QB from the last 30 years would have been a better idea. The complete randomness is the strangest part. If he say had a brother working as an assistant or something then I could maybe do the mental gymnastics to make this work.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

settle down.

none of the bolded matters.  you wouldn't have that guy anywhere near you after he got out.  you certainly wouldn't invite him over.

That's all.

haha. this is wrong.

very much wrong. i actually work with one guy who served 6 years for homicide.

my last job was in a very rough area and several folks there i hired were convicted of serious offenses.

as far as my friends, i have a few who you may not invite over but i do.

you really, really don't have any idea who you're talking to... so just stop. this isn't a hill you should die on even though i'm ending it here because you're just flat out, empirically wrong.

Edited by boyst

10 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I dunno, maybe because it's instructive to meet and speak with people who have had major adversity in their life and have turned their life around and found new success through change.

I'm also going to throw out there that Beane and McDermott aren't shy about their Christian morals and part of that (the part people like to forget) is forgiveness and not lying in judgement of others. Vick paid his debt to our society and will be judged by a higher power after his passing. 

I don’t classify starting a dog fighting ring while making millions of dollars playing football to be “major adversity”. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, boyst said:

haha. this is wrong.

very much wrong. i actually work with one guy who served 6 years for homicide.

my last job was in a very rough area and several folks there i hired were convicted of serious offenses.

as far as my friends, i have a few who you may not invite over but i do.

you really, really don't have any idea who you're talking to... so just stop. this isn't a hill you should die on even though i'm ending it here because you're just flat out, empirically wrong.

Empirically?  Well, I can't verify any of this.  Nor can I know if you would really have a neighbor torturing dogs in his back yard over for a beer when he got out.  I just don't believe any reasonable person would.

19 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I don’t classify starting a dog fighting ring while making millions of dollars playing football to be “major adversity”. 

he had a tough upbringing where the dog fighting crap was normalized and even glorified.  

He did real time in prison (during his playing prime) and his financial life was in ruins.  His name and character was/is forever smeared.  He went from one of the most electric athletes in sports to incarcerated.   

Whether or not you believe him.  He seems to say and act as though he has learned from his experience.  I believe him.  This is a long time to keep his nose clean, out of trouble, and he has championed animal/dog laws.  Made speaking appearances to teach young people through his lessons.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.