Mike Vick at Bills practice and the nfl script release

JerseyBills

25 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I don’t classify starting a dog fighting ring while making millions of dollars playing football to be “major adversity”. 

What do you call losing your $20 million signing bonus and going from a mansion to federal prison?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

What do you call losing your $20 million signing bonus and going from a mansion to federal prison?

All to his own doing. His own choices. He didn’t have an accident. He created the bed he lied in. If I went out and killed someone and went to prison, I wouldn’t classify that as some woah is me adversity. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

he had a tough upbringing where the dog fighting crap was normalized and even glorified.  

He did real time in prison (during his playing prime) and his financial life was in ruins.  His name and character was/is forever smeared.  He went from one of the most electric athletes in sports to incarcerated.   

Whether or not you believe him.  He seems to say and act as though he has learned from his experience.  I believe him.  This is a long time to keep his nose clean, out of trouble, and he has championed animal/dog laws.  Made speaking appearances to teach young people through his lessons.

I am a little surprised that it didn't come up during the Vick saga, but there are cultural differences in attitudes toward animals.  Lets just say that in many areas of the world dogs aren't little fur babies to be kissed on the mouth and share a bed with the owner.  While many of us, myself included, find animal fighting to be abhorrent there were a handful of players who basically said "whats the big deal, they're just dogs".

He went to prison for running an interstate gambling ring.  If I recall correctly the animal cruelty factor was a kicker that only contributed to a slightly longer sentence for the gambling offense.

5 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

All to his own doing. His own choices. He didn’t have an accident. He created the bed he lied in. If I went out and killed someone and went to prison, I wouldn’t classify that as some woah is me adversity. 

Well, take it up with Websters because adversity isn't qualified by whether it is self inflicted or a result of external factors. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

53 minutes ago, boyst said:

...that's a whole lot of presumptuous bull#### right there big fella.

Let's break this horsebleepof yours down:

A- you have no idea what type of neighborhood or work I have

B- what's great, I don't either. Coworkers and neighbors could be serial killers in their past and id never know. I don't judge or research such bull####

C- I don't judge people based on something of their past, something I wasn't involved with, something 20 years ago that they've done their "time for."

D- you don't ever see me mock these d- bag sportsball players who don't impress me with their intellect, "dangerous jobs," or anything. I don't think they are heros. Nor are nurses, teachers, firefighters, or police. It's their job. Shut up and do it ... Or don't. 

... seriously, you couldn't have picked a more wrong take on this with me. Jesus weo.

You sound like his neighbor

11 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

His name and character was/is forever smeared.

"Smeared" suggests a poor schmuck who didn't do anything wrong who was falsely accused.

That is not exactly the case here.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I am a little surprised that it didn't come up during the Vick saga, but there are cultural differences in attitudes toward animals. 

Attitudes toward women are also quite different in different cultures.

I think actual Super Bowl champion Ray Rice could also show the Bills a thing or two about making it to the next level.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Who decided he should stay relevant? I’m still not a big Vick fan, and doubt I ever will be. 

I hear ya, but the guy revolutionized the QB position when he arrived.  He made some terrible mistakes off the field but paid the price for it.  I have no problem with him “staying relevant.”

14 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

For a guy whose online handle includes the word “redemption” you’re kind of a dick.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

What Mike Vick did was evil. 

Not some kind of regulatory offense. I see no reason why any respectable business would invite him to hang out with its employees.

But I don't have a dog in this fight.

Thats a cute thing to say but, very clearly, you do.

3 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

You cannot sway me at all in having anything but disdain for this low-life piece of *****. 

Actually shocked the Bills franchise would place him, of all people, into the BIlls organization, all knowing it will rub many people wrongly.

Shameful imo.

He has paid his dues dude!..spent his time in federal prison Leavenworth....payed out millions,is now an advocate for animal abuse and helps with millions in charity work for abused animals. When someone changes entirely after serving their punishments that's to be commended PERIOD

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Empirically?  Well, I can't verify any of this.  Nor can I know if you would really have a neighbor torturing dogs in his back yard over for a beer when he got out.  I just don't believe any reasonable person would.

I'm not reasonable 

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

why is this POS around the facility?  "Finding that spark" for this low life meant electrocuting dogs.

what possessed the FO to wake up this week and say: "we should bring in Mike Vick as a guy to chat up the fellas"...?

wtf

I’ll take sanctimonious Aaron Hernandez fans for $500 Alex.

23 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

This is an impressive series of non-sequiturs.  Will you be making a point today?

Non-sequitur?

A quick logic lesson:

- Persons who have done vile acts in their adulthood, even if they have completed criminal sentences, should not be invited to hobnob with current employees at their workplace

- Mike Vick did vile acts in his adulthood

- ergo, Mike Vick should not be invited to hobnob at the Buffalo Bills place of business

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Non-sequitur?

A quick logic lesson:

- Persons who have done vile acts in their adulthood, even if they have completed criminal sentences, should not be invited to hobnob with current employees at their workplace

- ergo, Mike Vick should not be invited to hobnob at the Buffalo Bills place of business

You confuse logic with whiny opinions that run counter to the core values of our criminal justice system.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, muppy said:

SMH this man tests my Christian faith. I am mandated to forgive but what he was convicted of reeks of evil to me. I forgive but I cannot forget.

Spoken like a pittie advocate and rescuer. Which is true. so I am Very biased here.

so he can just go away I care zilch nada about him any more.  I'll just leave it at that. 

This guy should not be forgiven but definitely forgotten. He's a terrible human being who doesn't deserve to be treated like a celebrity. He should be on the NFL blackball list.

Edited by GerstAusGosheim

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And suddenly those clever Latin phrases that you apparently don't understand vanish, to be replaced by "whiny"

What vanished?  Did that even make sense in your head?  

Lets break this down for the slow witted:

A quick logic lesson:

The bolded is not a statement based in fact.  It is an opinion informed by emotion ( i.e., the opposite of logic).  Ergo, you confuse logic with whiny opinions.  Quod Erat Demonstrandum

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Muppy Muppy Muppy.  Christian faith tells us to forgive and forget. I dont want to get into religion in here but yea.. just saying

and

I totally get what/where your coming from.

I disagree. It does say we are not to judge. Let he who has no sin cast the first stone. So I KNOW I fall short and am a sinner. In other words not perfect.

I am as human as michael vick is.   I don't wish the man harm. Live his life and BE BETTER michael. Now back to football. 

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

What vanished?  Did that even make sense in your head?  

Lets break this down for the slow witted:

The bolded is not a statement based in fact.  It is an opinion informed by emotion ( i.e., the opposite of logic).  Ergo, you confuse logic with whiny opinions.  Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Nice comeback!

So what you're saying is we have a difference of opinion flowing from a different initial premise. You think people who've done vile acts and have shown rehabilitation should be welcomed back into polite society in all aspects. I think not.

It's not an error of logic. Both are logical. It is indeed a difference of opinion.

We will also no doubt all agree that it is a sliding scale. No one here wants to invite OJ back, even though he was acquitted of murder (albeit found responsible in a civil trial). To me what Vick did is not on the same order of deliberately killing another person, but it does show a callous disregard for animal life and animal suffering, or even a sadistic pleasure in such things.

You may invite him to your corporate golf tournament. I won't. And I think the Bills shouldn't.

50 minutes ago, GerstAusGosheim said:

This guy should not be forgiven but definitely forgotten. He's a terrible human being who doesn't deserve to be treated like a celebrity. He should be on the NFL blackball list.

Exactly.  

To you all who just know he participated in "dog fighting", I urge you to go research and read through the details.  Its beyond shocking.  AND to top it off, it was happening WHILE he was filthy rich.  He didn't need to survive.  It was "fun" for him.   A pastime if you will.  And he's only doing what he does now (the philanthropic crap) BECAUSE he was caught and has to, to save face.

He's a COMPLETE ghetto scumbag and should be blackballed.  I have a hard time even thinking some of you can defend this.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Exactly.  

To you all who just know he participated in "dog fighting", I urge you to go research and read through the details.  Its beyond shocking.  AND to top it off, it was happening WHILE he was filthy rich.  He didn't need to survive.  It was "fun" for him.   A pastime if you will.  And he's only doing what he does now (the philanthropic crap) BECAUSE he was caught and has to, to save face.

He's a COMPLETE ghetto scumbag and should be blackballed.  I have a hard time even thinking some of you can defend this.

Drowning. Hanging. Electrocution.  Hung by ankles on a line and smashed with a bat like a pinata.

The fighting is bad enough, dogs fighting is atleast 'somewhat' natural. Torturing animals in creative fashion for fun, is demented. Had it been done with a bolt or tap behind the ear to put them out of their misery, maybe there's a touch more empathy for the guy.

Oh, and the killings weren't always putting down a dog gravely injured. At times it was torturing dogs to death, who had never even fought.... because they weren't aggressive enough. 

Dude tortures animals for fun. If that isn't setting off alarm bells I dunno what will. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I can't stand Vick, but didn't God create a flood to kill almost all the animals on the planet?

I defer to God for this reply. This is beyond my pay grade. And way off topic to boot.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

You cannot sway me at all in having anything but disdain for this low-life piece of *****. 

Actually shocked the Bills franchise would place him, of all people, into the BIlls organization, all knowing it will rub many people wrongly.

Shameful imo.

Damn , didn't expect this much negativity.  I actually think it's pretty cool for the younger guys especially.  He did his time , made a mistake when young and hasn't been I'm trouble since. Just let it go, we're all human and F up. I could see if his behavior continued,  but he has been on record apologizing and admits it was an extreme lapse of judgment 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.