What team has the best NFL message board in the world?

Simon

3 hours ago, Simon said:

Is it us?

Anybody know of any other teams' that is equal or better?

Drop some links of good ones here if you got 'em. Going forward, folks can even refer back to this thread as sort of a bookshelf if they want to check in on other fanbases for info.

What do you mean by good? As in design or discussion?

Edited by Sharky7337

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yes

Jets nation and finheaven are decent boards, the rest are pretty blah. And man dont even go to the giants board unless you wanna relive netscape websites lol

Most are pretty flawed though or hard to navigate as a new user. Broncos and browns are bad. 

Ravens is ok. Colts is ok. Titans is same ***** OK.

Patriots board isnt bad.

This is one of the better honestly.

Edited by Sharky7337

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Can you expand on this?

There is help out there...

He prolly means me 

2 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

There must be something about Bills fans... the Bills fan forum for native Koreans is pretty excellent.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/817-football-manager-korean-language-discussion/

I really thought I was gonna get Peter Panned here. Although it could be an entire message board dedicated to Peter and I wouldn’t have the slightest clue.  

• Haha (+1) 1

I have been to several other teams' forums.

No other forum can match the mix of constant/consistent activity, quality posters, quality posts and quality moderation that this forum offers.

Any other forum that I've seen that has as many quality posters, posts, and moderation, lacks the activity level. Sometimes whole days go by between new posts or replies.

Likewise, any other forum I've seen that matches that activity level of this place, fails in at least one of the other three -- and sometimes all three -- categories. The oft mentioned Chiefsplanet is a good example. Very active, but HORRIBLE posts, posters, and non-existent moderation. I will also echo the sentiment that it's an awful, toxic cesspool in general, and should be avoided at all costs.

All factors considered, and having poked around many corners of the NFL message board world, I believe I can truly and honestly say, with no hint of exaggeration or hyperbole, that this is the best NFL team message board in existence.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 hours ago, dorquemada said:

I havent looked at all of them but I have looked at the other AFCE teams and chiefsplanet a bunch

Phinsforum or whatever is a little rough around the edges, but once you're there a bit they're not bad and have some good posters

Jets and Pats ones are pretty bad

Chiefsplanet is the most toxic forum i've ever been on and I spent significant time on 4chan & somethingawful.  Just bad, unfunny people

Yeah, I forget what was recommended, but IIRC our resident Chiefs fans @Zerovoltz and @Billl told us even Chiefs fans regarded Chiefsplanet as unbelievably toxic and the Chiefs fans with neurons went somewhere else.

6 hours ago, Simon said:

Is it us?

Drop some links of good ones here if you got 'em. Going forward, folks can even refer back to this thread as sort of a bookshelf if they want to check in on other fanbases for info.

Well, this one, Natch.  Keep up the good work with the pruning sheers, Simon!  Being an uttah bahstahd, I’ll drink to your good work :beer:

The times I’ve visited, Russell Street Report (Ravens fan board) has had some really knowledgeable folks there.

Edited by Beck Water

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I would say here and Forums.colts.com use to be very good but it really has gotten slow in there now very few people post regularly anymore. 

That's one of the reasons this board is fantastic. The members posted fervently even during the sad sack years. 

7 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

I’d say half of the top volume posters here are atrocious. So it’s not this board. 

Go ahead and list the better boards with reasons why

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Yeah, I forget what was recommended, but IIRC our resident Chiefs fans @Zerovoltz and @Billl told us even Chiefs fans regarded Chiefsplanet as unbelievably toxic and the Chiefs fans with neurons went somewhere else.

Well, this one, Natch.  Keep up the good work with the pruning sheers, Simon!  Being an uttah bahstahd, I’ll drink to your good work :beer:

The times I’ve visited, Russell Street Report (Ravens fan board) has had some really knowledgeable folks there.

I don't post on Chiefs planet....I've said before....just not my kind of place.  

And I've also said...KC has some really knowledgeable fans...some are nationally known, some are working in analytics... and there is a lot of good podcast/creator types out there, but the forums....eh.  Not so great.

This place is the best fan forum I've been on.  Plenty of activity in good times and bad...lots of discourse and discussion about your team and NFL stuff.  I don't know if you guys realize how good you have it.

I've also been a long time member of a Broncos community....good group of fans, but it's small and seems to be shrinking as a combo of both the team sucking for a while now, and also, too much infighting on their politics and religion section.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I don't post on Chiefs planet....I've said before....just not my kind of place.  

And I've also said...KC has some really knowledgeable fans...some are nationally known, some are working in analytics... and there is a lot of good podcast/creator types out there, but the forums....eh.  Not so great.

This place is the best fan forum I've been on.  Plenty of activity in good times and bad...lots of discourse and discussion about your team and NFL stuff.  I don't know if you guys realize how good you have it.

I've also been a long time member of a Broncos community....good group of fans, but it's small and seems to be shrinking as a combo of both the team sucking for a while now, and also, too much infighting on their politics and religion section.  

Maybe it was @Billl..someone named a couple Chiefs fan forums they said were pretty good and I went there and looked around, they seemed OK.  Certainly a mile above chiefsplanet.

The board was much better place when Yolo was posting minute by minute updates. That was the main reason some  members were lurking here.

You guys may have forgotten about Yolo but I haven't 

I sure hope he returns, miss you buddy...

Edited by HOUSE
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Finheaven also has a ton of traffic.   Those guys hate the Bills as much as we hate them.  I am probably biased but they seem to be more emotional/upset by any little thing and get offended by nothing more than this group.

14 hours ago, Einstein said:

ChiefsPlanet is very popular, though it is a rough crowd.

I remember going there when the BIlls were headed there in the playoffs for the div round two years ago...one comment was "lets rape them til the room stinks".  

1 minute ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Finheaven also has a ton of traffic.   Those guys hate the Bills as much as we hate them.  I am probably biased but they seem to be more emotional/upset by any little thing and get offended by nothing more than this group.

I have no respect for that crowd, they will encourage playing Tua till the guy is laying brain dead on the field. Geeez, move on

11 hours ago, Logic said:

I have been to several other teams' forums.

No other forum can match the mix of constant/consistent activity, quality posters, quality posts and quality moderation that this forum offers.

Any other forum that I've seen that has as many quality posters, posts, and moderation, lacks the activity level. Sometimes whole days go by between new posts or replies.

Likewise, any other forum I've seen that matches that activity level of this place, fails in at least one of the other three -- and sometimes all three -- categories. The oft mentioned Chiefsplanet is a good example. Very active, but HORRIBLE posts, posters, and non-existent moderation. I will also echo the sentiment that it's an awful, toxic cesspool in general, and should be avoided at all costs.

All factors considered, and having poked around many corners of the NFL message board world, I believe I can truly and honestly say, with no hint of exaggeration or hyperbole, that this is the best NFL team message board in existence.

i think i just learned something here.  That i need to use.

I introduce bills fans to this website maybe 20 times per year.  Here in LA, whenever i meet one and have time and a pen, i write down this website address, so they wont forget

And almost every single time over the years, i see that person again.  "Hey, did you check out TBD?" and its always always "no."

I think i learned from your post that i fail to tell them WHY they should come here.  why its different.  why you cant just check in once per month.  How its active every single day. 

I need to step up my game.   Didnt realize the 'competition' was that bad.   didnt realize what people's expectations are, based on their experiences with inferior products.   Since i never goto other fans' websites, except follownig links posted on here.

Edited by maddenboy

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Maybe it was @Billl..someone named a couple Chiefs fan forums they said were pretty good and I went there and looked around, they seemed OK.  Certainly a mile above chiefsplanet.

It was definitely me. It used to be a great board, but they let the political talk take over the board to the point that it turned into something more closely resembling a Klan rally than a football board.

It looks like they've finally taken some steps to remedy it by either nuking or hiding the political forums, but I don't see myself ever posting there again.  Shame because there really is a huge user base there and a lot of good discussion.  I'm just not willing to sift through pages of racism and everything else in order to talk about how the Chiefs match up against the Broncos.

If I wanted to know the political opinions of a bunch of middle aged white dudes from small towns scattered around the Midwest, I'd join Facebook. (Spoiler alert: They're BIG fans of Trump, and everything bad is caused by blacks and gays.)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

Some teams don’t seem to have an active message board, which is kind of sad.

I lurk on PatsFans sometimes and they aren’t too bad. Some there have been humbled a bit lately. The software doesn’t work very well on mobile though.

The people on FinHeaven are okay, but kind of delusional.

I would be interested in seeing a list of NFL message boards/forums ranked by how active they are.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Most teams boards are pretty similar, and the amount of activity has a lot to do with the size of the fan base.  The Giants, Cowboys, Bears, etc. all have big markets and lots of talking heads.  

I like to check out the Jets boards for pure entertainment, its almost always good.   🤣

18 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Imma disagree with the GDT haterz.  Those are the most fun, because we react in real time, just like we would if we were at the game.  Sure, there are hot takes, but there are a lot more posts detecting trends, cracking jokes, questioning people's ancestry, etc.  Many of us have a blast in the GDT.  Come join us!

GDT?

Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing??

Global Dairy Trade??

13 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The Bills Mafia Facebook page is so bad, I blocked it.

It is odd that it is THAT bad.  It is indeed horrible BUT it is on Facebook......nuff said.  I too blocked it.

1 minute ago, Matt_In_NH said:

IYKYK

But thats the thing.......I don't.

• Like (+1) 1

I've been on this board nearly from the start in the late 90' and I've seen it evolve. I've seen many other teams fan boards and I've never seen one this good. The over all football acumen and knowledge of the game on here is better than any other group of fans I've seen. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/7/2023 at 1:09 PM, Simon said:

Is it us?

YES I think it is us. 

The only "Maybe"possible equivalent might be some boards relating to say Fighting Irish Football or Manchester United  in soccer. The domer boards are pretty astute. 

But in the NFL  it's Us.

jmo the rest are cheap imitations. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.