Training Camp - 8/7 - 9:45am

The Wiz

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

One more:

One more:

The Bills have been working A LOT on the run game over the past three padded practices. We've seen all three backs worked into the mix at different times. I think there's an emphasis being put on getting that part of the game right going into the season. Whether it's getting Kincaid to a spot where he feels comfortable in blocking assignments or running through things for the o-line. Spencer Brown looked like a mauler today. Think he got under some defenders' skin.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Heard a lot last season that Spencer has a pretty good run blocking game.  A good threat of the running game will help the passing game too.

He’s decent in that aspect.  Pretty good out in space when Josh is rolling right too.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

All of those players are likely upgrades from the current backups.  I'd take Matt Ryan or Bridgewater 

Wow weird, doesn't feel that way. Thanks for the info 

Give me Bridgewater anyday over Kyle or Barkley.

17 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Heard a lot last season that Spencer has a pretty good run blocking game.  A good threat of the running game will help the passing game too.

Too bad he has anvils for feet when he drops back.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

At 6-8 it's probably unlikely.  He's an amazing run blocker but ask him to stay with a quick DE....forget it.  He can hit the fastball but not the curve.

Which is crazy considering he's the most physically gifted prospect at his position ever measured according to RAS

6 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

What about Tyrell Shavers? He is the UDFA that we signed to a 3 year deal. I haven't heard his name much, but supposedly he is an elite gunner, and many felt when we signed him, that he was a lock for the 53.

6 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I think they should call Fitz anyway.  Allen and Barkley look rough

Carson Wentz is out there... He would be good for a few wins in season in needed.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

What about Tyrell Shavers? He is the UDFA that we signed to a 3 year deal. I haven't heard his name much, but supposedly he is an elite gunner, and many felt when we signed him, that he was a lock for the 53.

Hard to keep more than 6 WR’s when we have to roster a LB that can’t play LB and a slot corner that can’t play slot corner. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Carson Wentz is out there... He would be good for a few wins in season in needed.

All UDFA get a 3 year deal... It wasn't anything special for shavers 

And yes I think he can win a gunner job

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I posted an update of him as well. It says he's been quietly building on a nice TC so far

Edited by Starr Almighty
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I think 2023 is Year 1 for a "single preseason roster cutdown date".

For those looking to brush up on 2023 rule changes, this has some good info:  https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nfl/chicago-bears/these-rule-changes-are-coming-to-the-nfl-in-2023/348005/

They were allowed 80 through 3 preseason games last season 

Still a lot more than past seasons iirc

6 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I would guess that among Buffalo's DEs, Groot, Basham and Lawson ar the ones that can best move to defensive tackle on passing downs.  I doubt that Ray or Kingsley can do that.  Otherwise. there's not a lot separating them.

This does matter for McD defense.
Hoping we can keep Ray and Kingsley on PS.

Basham might be lowest on the list before those two when keeping DEs
and i would like an upgrade there. Thank goodness for getting Floyd ! Thats a play maker !

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, uninja said:

He was the WR3 (at least looking at yardage) in MIA last year and felt like I heard his name called a lot when I watched MIA games. Guy was just always open if a team had planned well for Waddle and Tyreek.

and thats why he was open.

Bills need to use that same mindset.

Force defenses to cover two each down. Then let Allen find the open guy. Cuz there will be an open guy.

Be it a half back or or a late release of the chip block. or Quinton Morris who no one thinks is running a pass pattern for real LOL

They get open.

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Give me Bridgewater anyday over Kyle or Barkley.

Too bad he has anvils for feet when he drops back.

Then dont do that.

🤣
lean in to the block

55 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Ooh la la

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

"When I put on the pads...... it's time to get violent."

LF may have the personality to push this DL into a tougher mode.  Well, that's my wish starting with Aaron and the Jets.

And all this time I thought it was Benny and the Jets.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, K-9 said:

And all this time I thought it was Benny and the Jets.

I hate that you made me find this on google.  LOL.

https://www.wapl.com/2023/05/01/parody-song-aaron-and-the-jets-audio/

Just a few lyrics.

Oh but he was weird and colorful

Went as Nic Cage on Halloween

He even gave up meat, went on darkness retreats.

But now he’s given up the gold and green, oh

A-a-a Aaron and the Jets

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

A couple more:

When Brown has been out we absolutely stunk running the ball.  He’s absolutely a beast in the ground game.  

He has that moxie to that you love.  

If he gets his friggin pass pro to just average he’d be a top 15 RT.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I hate that you made me find this on google.  LOL.

https://www.wapl.com/2023/05/01/parody-song-aaron-and-the-jets-audio/

Just a few lyrics.

Oh but he was weird and colorful

Went as Nic Cage on Halloween

He even gave up meat, went on darkness retreats.

But now he’s given up the gold and green, oh

A-a-a Aaron and the Jets

Outstanding!

43 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

If Tom Brady brought a Super Bowl victory to Buffalo, would you take it???

😎😎😎

Sure, but, then we would have to erase all evidence that he was in anyway associated with the Bills in any fashion, no matter what that would take…, 

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

When Brown has been out we absolutely stunk running the ball.  He’s absolutely a beast in the ground game.  

He has that moxie to that you love.  

If he gets his friggin pass pro to just average he’d be a top 15 RT.  

Maybe we should’ve taken TE Darnell Washington (6’7 264)  in the 3rd, bulked him up, and put him out at tackle. Reports out of Steelers camp is that he was winning 1 on 1s vs TJ Watt. His old teammate George Pickens said “you have to understand, Darnell was going up against the entire Philadelphia Eagles DL practice after practice” 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.