Burrow hurt UPDATE: Per Taylor: It’s a calf strain; will be out “several” weeks

Big Blitz

4 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

After watching the video, I can confidently say it is definitely not his appendix.

But if he has five turnovers in week one, can we still use whatever it is as an excuse like we did with the appendix?

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

I said the same thing

But another fella said he'd also seen a couple that didn't seem to hurt that much

Kobe Bryant tried reattaching his Achilles with his hand when he ruptured it..  asked the trainer if he could tape him up lol

Trainer said "it doesn't work like that " lol 

Kobe -" well can I still shoot my free throws "

Trainer - " sure whatever you want"

2 hours ago, balln said:

100%

calf strain turns into a rupture at tendon / muscle junction

if he ruptured it they’ll tell us by tomorrow 

if no news it’s a muscle strain / like a hammy. He should be ok as a qb to play week 1

If that's a hammy they need better trainers. Yikes. That ankle to hamstring is so easy to pre hab

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

Great minds! Ha. 

I've seen 3 rupture in person. 1 guy twice in 16 months. Both sides. 

It looks like immeasurable pain. 

I've seen it twice on guys I was covering (one was partially my fault cuz I think I stepped on his heel when I was jamming him coming out of a cut) and both times they were seriously hurting.

4 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Drove my buddy to the hospital when he tore his - he wasn't in crazy agonizing pain from what i remember?

The ones I've seen were like an ACL, where it really hurts for a minute and then settles down pretty quickly.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, rusty shackleford said:

After watching the video, I can confidently say it is definitely not his appendix.

Its his Spleen, he’s doomed…

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

Injuries suck the life out of this sport. Nobody wants an asterisk win over a team without their best player. The attrition is so deflating.

Yup … but no one gives af that we entered the post-season mentally drained and with:

-Allen, torn UCL

-Phillips injured 

-Poyer injured 

-Davis injured 

-Von OUT

-Jones OUT

-Hyde OUT

-Hamlin OUT

All anyone remembers is that we didn’t even bother showing up in the Divisional Round and KC was able to beat a Bengals squad with a decimated OL to get to, yet another, Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

You don’t even play fantasy football….. 

if you did- I think you would realize how much no one cares.  

With how many leagues people are in all at once, I feel like they do.  That's all I'm saying.  We can agree to disagree.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Injuries suck the life out of this sport. Nobody wants an asterisk win over a team without their best player. The attrition is so deflating.

Only misguided fans feel that way, a win is a win is a win, the rest is just rationalization of a fans emotional state,

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

40 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yup … but no one gives af that we entered the post-season mentally drained and with:

-Allen, torn UCL

-Phillips injured 

-Poyer injured 

-Davis injured 

-Von OUT

-Jones OUT

-Hyde OUT

-Hamlin OUT

All anyone remembers is that we didn’t even bother showing up in the Divisional Round and KC was able to beat a Bengals squad with a decimated OL to get to, yet another, Super Bowl. 

100%.

The only comment I've ever heard about the 2023 playoffs is "The Bills choked again."

I don't wish injury on anyone, I don't celebrate it - but I also don't care if other teams are set back by it.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Ugh.  I hope he's all right.  Burrow seems like a good guy.

1 hour ago, wjag said:

So what is a calf strain?  Is it analogous to a hamstring on the front of the leg?  And do they linger like hammys?

I think it's usually a couple of weeks during the season.  For example, Dak Prescott missed 2 weeks with a strained calf.

For OL or DL who have to anchor and push their weight and another guy's around, it can linger and impact them for longer

I would expect for Burrow they take their time bringing him back.

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Only misguided fans feel that way, a win is a win is a win, the rest is just rationalization of a fans emotional state,

Agree, history doesn't consider circumstance just outcomes

Edited by Mikie2times

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

-Allen, torn UCL

-Phillips injured 

-Poyer injured 

-Davis injured 

-Von OUT

-Jones OUT

-Hyde OUT

-Hamlin OUT

You’re right. No gives af if a team was injured during an important game. Only results matter.

The Bengals, as you noted, beat up on us with a decimated OL. Then the following week got beat by a team with a hobbled qb and decimated wr corp. But no one remembers that about KC. I guess that’s why players don’t use injuries as excuses. They get the job done with who’s available or they don’t. Us fans on the other hand…

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Odd to call it “misguided.” That pang of regret would be personal, perhaps selfish. I wouldn’t want the Bills to win their first Super Bowl in an empty pandemic stadium nor against a team whose QB goes down in the first quarter. That long-anticipated payoff needs to be righteous. But that’s just me.

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

True, except for Kansas City. They gladly took the win, 13-7, over Green Bay without Aaron Rodgers in 2021. This enabled them to get the #2 seed over us, and they got to host us in the infamous 13-seconds game.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, chongli said:

True, except for Kansas City. They gladly took the win, 13-7, over Green Bay without Aaron Rodgers in 2021. This enabled them to get the #2 seed over us, and they got to host us in the infamous 13-seconds game.

Kill shot! I’m not sure their dynasty can withstand that kind of critique.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.