Name a random Bills player and one thing you remember about them

On 7/18/2023 at 6:38 AM, Bill from NYC said:

That one was really strange. He had absolutely no known history of drug use or psychosis. From all reports he was a model stydent and a great kid at Alabama. 

Looking at this one, he was arrested in March after having a hip surgery in January. Wonder if pain meds played a part in it.

Also, was he the one with Chrons disease that was fighting with NFL over weed? Or diff guy?  Cant believe i cant recollect this story at alllll

22 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Looking at this one, he was arrested in March after having a hip surgery in January. Wonder if pain meds played a part in it.

Also, was he the one with Chrons disease that was fighting with NFL over weed? Or diff guy?  Cant believe i cant recollect this story at alllll

Seantrel Henderson was the one with Chrons.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I met Ernie Warlick (Tight End '62 - '65) when I was a very young kid.  Warlick was known as 'Hands' because of the size of his hands.  I remember shaking hands with him - his hands covered mine and went all the way up to my elbow.  He also had a smile that matched the size of his hands.

download.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

Justin Armour visited our school and gave a little speech during a pep rally as an active player. This was a tiny school in the middle of nowhere Chautauqua County, apparently the kind of school that they'd send poor Justin Armour too. We were a Justin Armour high school.

46 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

IK Enemkpali

Captain for a day thanks to IK previously breaking the jaw of Mark Sanchez...and the fact that Rex was a classless d-bag

wasnt Geno Smith the offending jaw?

tryin to act big and bad about not paying IK the money he promised.

And i mean, who would get points for punching mark sanchez.   Next time Sanchez offends somebody, it will be the first.

Ashton Youboty Ohio state CB. On the team for 2006-10. Meet his family at the Bills game getting beers, they were very nice, his whole family was wearing Youboty jerseys, that’s how the conversation started.   

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It was Geno

Yup, thanks,

1 hour ago, maddenboy said:

wasnt Geno Smith the offending jaw?

tryin to act big and bad about not paying IK the money he promised.

And i mean, who would get points for punching mark sanchez.   Next time Sanchez offends somebody, it will be the first.

Yup, my bad.

Having watched the replay in its various forms SO many times, I remember a lot of the sideline player chatter from The Comeback.

Darryl Talley - "We can overcome, baby.  We can overcome this one."

Jeff Wright - "Fandamonia (sic), all over!"
Carwell Gardner pointing to the decal on his helmet yelling "It's ours!  BILLS!"

Mark Maddox - "They don't want it, baby, they don't want it!"

Jim Kelly fixing Andre Reed's jersey - "Still gotta get one more"

Henry Jones - "Greatest comeback in playoff history"

Mike Lodish trying to correct everyone - "We haven't won yet"

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I remember Kurt Schultz coming down hill and crushing Eddie George in the the A/B gap... literally sat him on his lap. I tried to find this multiple times, but I cant. My brother is a big Dolphins fan and told me that EG was gonna run all over us. I can see this hit clear as day in my head, but I cant find it. Kurt literately told him to retire with that meet up

Rob Johnson. Perhaps the luckiest NFL player who ever wore a Bills uniform. 
With minimal exposure, shined in preseason with Jags enough for Bills to give up 1st round pick and sign to big contract. 
Then, gets beat out by Flutie, but has great game in meaningless finish against Colts before playoffs. 
Later, gets another nice contract with zero accomplishments!

Later, experiences something warriors like Kelly, Thomas, Smith, Hull, Tasker, Reed, Talley, Bennett…et al never did…being part of a winning Super Bowl team and getting that ring. 
That China doll has some Irish luck. That’s for sure. 

• Haha (+1) 2

I remember when we were rising to power prior to the SB years....around 1988....we had Art Still as a DE on the line. 

I recall fellow players saying things like "Art is a free spirit" and what not, and they mentioned that Art slept at night on the floor, in a single room, with his wife and like 7 children.

Anyone else remember this stuff?

🤔

Don Calhoun

I took my 11 year old son to see a Bills preseason game vs. the Giants in 1974. The game was close and we had a new unnamed puppy. I told my son that if the Bills won, whoever scored the winning touchdown would have the honor of having our new dog named for him. Calhoun, a 10th round draft backup to O.J. scored, winning the game and our beloved German Shepherd that was part of our family for 11 years was forever known as Calhoun !!

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/21/2023 at 11:29 AM, frostbitmic said:

Jim Kelly - He got so angry after throwing an INT he broke the leg of the guy who picked him off.

Garrison Sanborn - A few times I saw him making a tackle downfield on punt returns, after snapping the ball. That kind of hustle impresses me.

I was at that game and I remember this play distinctly. The guys leg flapped out after the hit. It was very graphic

How about that iconic MNF game where Ahmad Rashad caught the winning TD catch from Joe Ferguson with 26 seconds left on the clock against the Raiders. Rich  stadium Shook with people jumping up and down

• Like (+1) 2

Jamie Nails - pretty enormous guy.  On one play, the play by play guy said something about a linebacker trying to run around him to get to the QB, and the color announcer said "If you run around that guy, you're going to be late"

Jamie Nails - pretty enormous guy.  On one play, the play by play guy said something about a linebacker trying to run around him to get to the QB, and the color announcer said "If you run around that guy, you're going to be late"

3 hours ago, smward8 said:

So is that two plays?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Lou Piccone.  Great  kickoff returner.

Also marginal possession receiver.

Sort of a cult hero with the Bills.

Saw Lou Piccone sing the song "Cherry Pie" with Stan and the Ravens at Rosie's Rum and Rations on Elmwood Avenue.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.