Name a random Bills player and one thing you remember about them

I remember a "blocker" named Marcus Spriggs. As I recall he was a 6th round draft choice and was one of the worst players I ever saw in the NFL. Once RJ was the QB and a defender hit him quite late, and Spriggs was standing right there. RJ was laying on the turf bleeding.

Not only did Spriggs fail to retaliate, he wouldn't even help RJ up. I understand that RJ doesn't have many fans here (nor does he deserve them), but that was pretty lame.

Thankfully, Spriggs didn't last on the Bills.

I may be drunk and/or foolish, but I'm honestly expecting Kincaid to be the best offensive player the Bills have drafted (not including Allen) for a long, long time — since maybe Moulds.

If I'm wrong, I have 25 years of living with disappointment as a Bills fan to guide me through the ensuing reality check.

Edited by Nephilim17
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

BOGO: Two random players in the same story: Min Max Anderson and the incomparable Preston Ridlehuber.  

When I was 10, the tv announcers reported that OJ's backup, Mini Max Anderson, was taken out of the game because he had broken some teeth and swallowed his tongue after being hit so hard that his facemask broke.

I asked my mom if it was even possible to swallow a tongue.  When she said 'yes,' for years I suffered a deep and irrational fear of swallowing my own.  

With both OJ and Mini Max out with injuries, third-stringer Preston Ridlehuber came in.  Ridlehuber's main claim to fame was scoring the winning touchdown for the Raiders the previous season on a fumble return with 33 seconds left.  But no one in TV Land witnessed the greatest play of Ridlehuber's otherwise dismal career because the broadcast had been preempted by the television presentation of "Heidi."  

In Buffalo, the Ridlehuber magic struck one last time.  Late in the game with both his quick and exciting backs hurt, Coach Rauch drew up a halfback option in the dirt on a third-and-short situation.  It was supposed to be a short pass to the TE but Ridlehuber heaved a pass downfield to Haven Moses for a 45-yard TD to win the game.  Ridlehuber never touched a football again.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Marc Kelso looked like Toad from Mario Brothers with his big helmet.

Surely you ran into countless Bills at McDonalds! You could probably take over this thread with a list of THOSE guys! 

Naaman Roosevelt- I recall a real nice 60 yard touchdown against the Giants in 2011 he had.    And after that play I haven’t heard or can’t remember anything else about him.  

I do remember his last name but admittedly had to Google his first name thinking of him 

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

BOGO: Two random players in the same story: Min Max Anderson and the incomparable Preston Ridlehuber.  

When I was 10, the tv announcers reported that OJ's backup, Mini Max Anderson, was taken out of the game because he had broken some teeth and swallowed his tongue after being hit so hard that his facemask broke.

I asked my mom if it was even possible to swallow a tongue.  When she said 'yes,' for years I suffered a deep and irrational fear of swallowing my own.  

With both OJ and Mini Max out with injuries, third-stringer Preston Ridlehuber came in.  Ridlehuber's main claim to fame was scoring the winning touchdown for the Raiders the previous season on a fumble return with 33 seconds left.  But no one in TV Land witnessed the greatest play of Ridlehuber's otherwise dismal career because the broadcast had been preempted by the television presentation of "Heidi."  

In Buffalo, the Ridlehuber magic struck one last time.  Late in the game with both his quick and exciting backs hurt, Coach Rauch drew up a halfback option in the dirt on a third-and-short situation.  It was supposed to be a short pass to the TE but Ridlehuber heaved a pass downfield to Haven Moses for a 45-yard TD to win the game.  Ridlehuber never touched a football again.  

This is Bills Gold!  Wow!

• Like (+1) 1

My local newspaper in the 80's sometime showed a picture of Bruce Smith carrying a window air conditioner to his dorm room at SUNY College at Fredonia to move in for training camp.

I read in some newspaper that Thurman Thomas had "Tampa" written on his cleats in TC before the 1990 season (Tampa was the site of that season's SB).

Joe Ferguson, as well as Dan Manucci and David Humm (Bills backup QB's) signed my autograph pad in TC sometime in the 80's.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Great story!  Apparently his normal jersey 37 was ripped during the game too, so he had to wear 31, which ended up being retired by the franchise until 1991.  Never knew that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preston_Ridlehuber

John McCargo. I never heard of the guy before the draft. Then, I got excited because the Bills traded back into the 1st round to get another difference maker.

I remember thinking, this ship is going to turn around. It did, but it was about 10 years after McCargo, and it had nothing to do with him!

Manny Martin - I met him and his mother in law. He bought my wife and I some Bills gear. My stepson still wears the ballcap he gave me when he's working in Manila. He had 2 picks against Dallas in a home game.

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

This guy is getting some deserved buzz here.  I have this card.  And what a great name!

https://www.psacard.com/cardfacts/football-cards/1970-topps/haven-moses-165/9474

I remember him well. I hope he's doing ok. He must be pushing 80 yrs old by now.

• Like (+1) 2

After getting spanked by the Patriots at home in 2006 we went to Outback Steakhouse by the McKinley Mall after the game.  We were seated at a table next to Melvin Fowler and his girlfriend/wife(?).  They finished the entire bloomin' onion appetizer with him doing most of the heavy lifting and he then pounded down an 18 ounce Ribeye.

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Paul Posluszny   

I recall at NY Times article about him that showed he knew how to handle his money playing football 

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/05/your-money/05wealth.html

That and still one of the last Polish American Bills players I recall 

He also had beautiful hair.  And he wasn’t very good.

Terrance McGee had the greatest non-touchdown kickoff return in the history of football.

Don Smith scored the first Super Bowl TD in Bills history.

21 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Roosevelt Leaks fumbled once.

I met Kent Hull while buying long underwear at the Damart store in Clarence. His was for hunting. Mine was for watching him have Jim Kelly puts his hands up against his taint.

You gotta make sure that the gooch is protected at all times

13 hours ago, eball said:

Todd Schlopy made 2 out of 5 FG attempts to win a scab game against the NYG (with Lawrence Taylor crossing the picket line) 6-3 in 1987.

It was the worst football game I’ve ever witnessed in person.

I was there too and completely agree. It was the 1st game I took my son to and he’ll never forget the experience. Poor kid..

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Damn that was mine. Okay, second choice:

Cyrus Koundjio likes being *cough* at one with nature. 

That one was really strange. He had absolutely no known history of drug use or psychosis. From all reports he was a model stydent and a great kid at Alabama. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.