Thad Brown the first to be offended by Josh

• 78thealltimegreat changed the title to Thad Brown the first to be offended by Josh

It isn't up to Thad Brown or any other media member to determine what an interviewee says. It is simply their job to report on it. It doesn't matter what they think is the correct response or not.

And why is it a bad thing to be critical of the media and call them out for BS, especially when it is all speculative nonsense like the Diggs situation?

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well folks if you had good old Jets Fan Thad as the first one to be upset by Josh’s comments about the media blowing things out of proportion on your bingo card you win. 

Getting in a pissing match with Josh is not a smart play. Thad will find that he is the one that is going to have an anaphylaxis reaction once Bills Mafia turns their stingers on him.

• Agree 1

Well the first rule in getting the media to stop talking about something is don’t blame the media.

There are so many better ways to address these questions without actually answering them. Why are the Bills screwing this up so much?

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 6

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

If what Josh Allen said was true, that McD sent Diggs home for the day, then all McDermott had to say to the media was that Diggs was excused for the day and it’s a non-story...

who cares.   If he sent him home cause he was chirping so much he couldnt do his job then he sent him home, no biggie. 

5 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

What exactly did Josh say that set him off?

This is all I’ve seen via ProFootballTalk:

“I love him. That’s my guy,” Allen said of Diggs on Bussin With the Boys. “The media has blown this so far out of proportion . We are in minicamp. We’re not playing a game for four months. He doesn’t show up for one day, he’s still there, coach asked him to go home, they’re in talks, they’re trying to resolve some things. They’re still talking about it. Let it go. There’s no reason to continue talking about it.”

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, astb41 said:

“I love him. That’s my guy,” Allen said of Diggs on Bussin With the Boys. “The media has blown this so far out of proportion . We are in minicamp. We’re not playing a game for four months. He doesn’t show up for one day, he’s still there, coach asked him to go home, they’re in talks, they’re trying to resolve some things. They’re still talking about it. Let it go. There’s no reason to continue talking about it.”

I think Thad may be the one who just took a swing at the hornet's nest. 

• Agree 4

14 minutes ago, astb41 said:

That's it?

Thad Brown really is an overgrown manbaby, getting stroppy at that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Bills mafia is the best fan base in the NFL. We’re just too predictable. Cowherd figured us out, Nick Wright plays us like a fiddle, and that was relatively okay. They’re the top of media mountain. Now every podcast can kick our collective hornets nest for clicks and it’s disappointing. 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

who is thad brown?  did he apply at espn

jeez i looked him up and saw a clip of the guy saying Josh Allen has won the Bills a lot of games, but he definitely lost this one.  Explains a lot about this board. Thad Brown.  Avoid this man at all costs your football IQ depends on it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The media had a responsibility to report on the Stefon Diggs situation, especially after the coach said he was "concerned."

The media has a responsibility to continue asking questions and following-up on the situation as the season progresses, especially if new information becomes available.

However... there has been NOTHING NEW to report since about June 13-14.  

The media has been very irresponsible regarding this story over the last 3 weeks, constantly adding new fuel to the fire through anonymous sources and rampant speculation.  None of these so-called reporters knows anything, but I've still seen stories about how Diggs is mad at the coaches, Diggs is mad at the quarterback, Diggs is mad about us not getting D-Hop, the front office is quietly trying to trade Diggs, etc., etc., etc.  

The fact that Thad Brown is now tossing threats, shows he's got no clue on what reporters are actually supposed to do.  His job is to report the news, not get involved and emotional.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

The media had a responsibility to report on the Stefon Diggs situation, especially after the coach said he was "concerned."

The media has a responsibility to continue asking questions and following-up on the situation as the season progresses, especially if new information becomes available.

However... there has been NOTHING NEW to report since about June 13-14.  

The media has been very irresponsible regarding this story over the last 3 weeks, constantly adding new fuel to the fire through anonymous sources and rampant speculation.  None of these so-called reporters knows anything, but I've still seen stories about how Diggs is mad at the coaches, Diggs is mad at the quarterback, Diggs is mad about us not getting D-Hop, the front office is quietly trying to trade Diggs, etc., etc., etc.  

The fact that Thad Brown is now tossing threats, shows he's got no clue on what reporters are actually supposed to do.  His job is to report the news, not get involved and emotional.

I agree.  Their job is also not to CREATE the news...which is happening all too frequently these days.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well folks if you had good old Jets Fan Thad as the first one to be upset by Josh’s comments about the media blowing things out of proportion on your bingo card you win. 

Never dawned on me for a second that Josh was referring to any Buffalo/WNY media, especially with Eisen, Michael Florio, RG3 etc keeping this topic going.

Too funny.

Everyone called it in the hours after McDermott PC.  That the Bills “play” to clean this up would be to deny to and blame media.

Mcdermott handled the deny/lie.

Allen handled the blame media.

Hopefully, Diggs is taking note of how his co-workers are acting like clowns to protect him.

that should count for something, right?!

• Eyeroll 2

3 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Too funny.

Everyone called it in the hours after McDermott PC.  That the Bills “play” to clean this up would be to deny to and blame media.

Mcdermott handled the deny/lie.

Allen handled the blame media.

Hopefully, Diggs is taking note of how his co-workers are acting like clowns to protect him.

that should count for something, right?!

The media did blow this up to ridiculous levels.  It's what they do. Thad can pretend that isn't the case if it helps him sleep at night.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.