Thad Brown the first to be offended by Josh

6 hours ago, 1onemangang7 said:

lol it's july alright.  Nobody even knows what was asked or said. 

Hornets are o my scary in the summer.  And even then for 2.99 you can get a can of spray that eliminates them.  

Edited by Matt_In_NH

6 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

If what Josh Allen said was true, that McD sent Diggs home for the day, then all McDermott had to say to the media was that Diggs was excused for the day and it’s a non-story...

But, for some reason, he chose to say “I’m concerned.”

8 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well folks if you had good old Jets Fan Thad as the first one to be upset by Josh’s comments about the media blowing things out of proportion on your bingo card you win. 

Not sure I understand why you're so offended.

3 hours ago, Beast said:

Just when you think you’ve rid yourself of Jerry Sullivan, another pops up.

Sully was a good writer. Cranky, but we could use more of him.

Mind you, that last remark that got him fired really was pure dumb. But he was a good one. Thad's OK, but not as interesting as Sully.

"Offended." "Stroppy." Reading only Brown's tweet, there's zero indication of emotion there.

Legit opinions on both sides here, but let's not pretend that that little tweet on a tiny little issue showed he was upset. 

I get it's the off-offseason and certainly everyone's bored. But there's not really anything here.

Edited by Thurman#1

7 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

If what Josh Allen said was true, that McD sent Diggs home for the day, then all McDermott had to say to the media was that Diggs was excused for the day and it’s a non-story...

Right, and if true it means McDermott did kinda, sorta lied.

49 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Not sure I understand why you're so offended.

Sully was a good writer. Cranky, but we could use more of him.

Mind you, that last remark that got him fired really was pure dumb. But he was a good one. Thad's OK, but not as interesting as Sully.

Yeah, your boy “Sully” is just awesome. Just ask Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer and a host of others.

8 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Diggs has made himself the focal point of the team the last two times he was contractually obligated to show up to OBD. That’s on him.

McD botched mini camp. He likely was and is concerned about the situation. But saying it created a frenzy.

I think they are fine for now. But the team is also working diligently to keep Diggs happy. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

But, for some reason, he chose to say “I’m concerned.”

And if he said he wasn’t concerned, that’s a slight on Diggs.  The Pc came just after whatever happened happened.  If he wasn’t concerned, that would have been dismissive to Diggs and his feelings.  

I agree that McD went overboard with his comment and his emotion and should have handled it differently…..but i do think he was in the right by showing concern.  He just took it too far.  

I’m sure Josh was also concerned…… but that doesn’t mean the media didn’t blow it out of proportion.  And is STILL talking about it as if it’s a big thing. Weeks later.  #mediafail

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

And if he said he wasn’t concerned, that’s a slight on Diggs.  The Pc came just after whatever happened happened.  If he wasn’t concerned, that would have been dismissive to Diggs and his feelings.  

I agree that McD went overboard with his comment and his emotion and should have handled it differently…..but i do think he was in the right by showing concern.  He just took it too far.  

I’m sure Josh was also concerned…… but that doesn’t mean the media didn’t blow it out of proportion.  And is STILL talking about it as if it’s a big thing. Weeks later.  #mediafail

Yes 100%. I give the media a little rope since there is nothing else to talk about but still. Me personally, I’ve seen how Diggs prepares and how he competes. Unless that starts going downhill I’m not worried. I don’t need football to become another reality show like some people here and need or demand Diggs to come out (in the offseason, mind you, when they have no obligation to do so) and “clear the air.” 

Like if some of you need a little bit of drama wrapped up in a little bow for you every week or you start to get the shakes my wife can recommend any number of Bravo shows for you. 

I get it that sports are entertainment, and I understand why the sports leagues want their members to give the media access..but it really doesn't add anything to the games.  It reaches the points of utter absurdity.  Stories about stories written become stories.  End of the day, the coaches, the players are human...they may say things that get misconstrued...people like Mike Florio just chomp at the bit for someone to mis-speak. Can't help but feel a little sorry for McDermott...he handled a situation the best way he saw, was asked a question while it was still a fluid situation...then him "needing to be fired" becomes the national narrative...Allen is stuck as the face of the franchise and will never be able to avoid the questions...media clowns wait for him to say something they can pounce on.  And, for the better part of six months, these idiots play "connect the dots" and put words in Diggs mouth, when they really have no idea what may be bothering him. He's really the only one who can clarify this situation....

Edited by Buftex
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 hours ago, benderbender said:

Bills mafia is the best fan base in the NFL. We’re just too predictable. Cowherd figured us out, Nick Wright plays us like a fiddle, and that was relatively okay. They’re the top of media mountain. Now every podcast can kick our collective hornets nest for clicks and it’s disappointing. 

Bills fans were taking over stadiums before Bills Mafia existed.

Bills fandom was organized before being labeled as "Bills Mafia" and then commercialized as part of Buffalo Bills advertisement. 

Many fans do not think of being part of Bills Mafia but those do are those who are filtered thru a strainer removing anything which does not fit which is why they are so easily targeted,

I got a Bills Mafia flag in mail unrequested.  Not sure what to do with it.

Maybe I will use it with Halloween letting the dummy wearing the Washington Team Football jersey hold it; I found 28 years ago in house we bought.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Bills fans were taking over stadiums before Bills Mafia existed.

Bills fandom was organized before being labeled as "Bills Mafia" and then commercialized as part of Buffalo Bills advertisement. 

Many fans do not think of being part of Bills Mafia but those do are those who are filtered thru a strainer removing anything which does not fit which is why they are so easily targeted,

I got a Bills Mafia flag in mail unrequested.  Not sure what to do with it.

Maybe I will use it with Halloween letting the dummy wearing the Washington Team Football jersey hold it; I found 28 years ago in house we bought.

“Bills Mafia” is just a way for a few people to monetize fandom that has always been there.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

“Bills Mafia” is just a way for a few people to monetize fandom that has always been there.

We have been raising money for charities for almost 3 decades and lately there have been push to contribute a split to Bills Mafia supported charities.

I told one person at last annual tailgate we never heard of the charity and that others have been part of our tailgate for years.

The few people associated with it left. Never saw them at tailgate before but there was over 500 one year.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

We have been raising money for charities for almost 3 decades and lately there have been push to contribute a split to Bills Mafia supported charities.

I told one person at last annual tailgate we never heard of the charity and that others have been part of our tailgate for years.

The few people associated with it left. Never saw them at tailgate before but there was over 500 one year.

exactly - I wish younger fans would recognize **** like this. Not all these always online fans “leading” the Bills Mafia mob are the best people, nor do they have the best intentions. 

good on you Lime for pointing it out.

• Like (+1) 1

Thad Brown was announcing at an award ceremony for one of my siblings. He said their name wrong despite asking how to say it properly beforehand. 

That’s my lasting memory of his ability to do his job. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well folks if you had good old Jets Fan Thad as the first one to be upset by Josh’s comments about the media blowing things out of proportion on your bingo card you win. 

Do you mean Thad "Mark-my-words-Josh-Allen-will-be-a-bust" Brown?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Of course the media has over reacted to the story but it's the inevitable result of Diggs' offseason of cryptic social media activity and McDermott's "very concerned" response to a question.  They can say they want to keep it in house but what little bit of detail they have shared with the public is just fuel for the media speculation fire.  Josh is 100% right about the media but it's not like he can call out his HC and teammate and blame them for being the cause of it.  That would be even a bigger media story.  My sense is that some media types are more thin skinned than they ought to be.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Well the first rule in getting the media to stop talking about something is don’t blame the media.

There are so many better ways to address these questions without actually answering them. Why are the Bills screwing this up so much?

He may be pivoting it away from Diggs and onto him.  Like he wants the smoke.  

20 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

What exactly did Josh say that set him off?

This is the media, they would barely exist if they went by what was actually said.

It's all about their interpretation, it makes it easier for the fake outrage to follow.

Edited by without a drought

13 hours ago, Beast said:

Yeah, your boy “Sully” is just awesome. Just ask Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer and a host of others.

Yeah, you're right. He was terrific.

And anyone who thinks player opinions are the main thing that decides whether a sportswriter is good just doesn't get it. If you want the players to love you, just write about how terrific they are, even when they're not. You won't be a good sportswriter, but the players will really appreciate you.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Of course the media has over reacted to the story but it's the inevitable result of Diggs' offseason of cryptic social media activity and McDermott's "very concerned" response to a question.  They can say they want to keep it in house but what little bit of detail they have shared with the public is just fuel for the media speculation fire.  Josh is 100% right about the media but it's not like he can call out his HC and teammate and blame them for being the cause of it.  That would be even a bigger media story.  My sense is that some media types are more thin skinned than they ought to be.

This is the thing. The players and the team created this.

The very fact that we're on here talking about it, and that there have been a bunch of threads about it, points out what's what. Fans are interested, because there's something there. Fans are talking, and fan interest guarantees media interest. As it should.

7 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

All much ado about nothing. The media should report on things when a coach is "very concerned." The leader of our offense should not look frazzled about any media reports and just do his job on the field.

This is also a pretty reasonable take. There probably isn't a lot here. 

But is there a possibility this explodes into a big problem at some point? Yeah. Diggs may not have been angry with Allen, and there may not be any long-lasting issues resulting. But Diggs is a very emotional guy, and serious troubles are one of the possible outcomes here. The widespread awareness of that is why people are talking about it.

Edited by Thurman#1

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

The very fact that we're on here talking about it, and that there have been a bunch of threads about it, points out what's what. Fans are interested, because there's something there. Fans are talking, and fan interest guarantees media interest. As it should.

But is there a possibility this explodes into a big problem at some point? Yeah. Diggs may not have been angry with Allen, and there may not be any long-lasting issues resulting. But Diggs is a very emotional guy, and serious troubles are one of the possible outcomes here. The widespread awareness of that is why people are talking about it.

No, McDermott created this

He had the opportunity to say literally anything in the entire world about the situation and he chose 'very concerned' followed by 'very concerned'

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

No, McDermott created this

He had the opportunity to say literally anything in the entire world about the situation and he chose 'very concerned' followed by 'very concerned'

This seems to be the popular sentiment but I'm not going to assume, had McDermmot said something else, that the media was going to be like- "oh, ok, nothing to this Diggs story then.  No need to ask any players about it."

It certainly wasn't a smart statement, and the press clearly ran with it, but this situation (going back to how last year ended) with your superstar captain is going to be a story regardless.

• Agree 1

Just now, SWATeam said:

This seems to be the popular sentiment but I'm not going to assume, had McDermmot said something else, that the media was going to be like- "oh, ok, nothing to this Diggs story then.  No need to ask any players about it."

It certainly wasn't a smart statement, and the press clearly ran with it, but this situation (going back to how last year ended) with your superstar captain is going to be a story regardless.

No I disagree w that assessment

Coaches know how to put out fires. There are only about 10 words in the English language that would have exacerbated the situation there and he chose 2 of them

18 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Mft-6Umw0vgSEplAQcc7D7vPExo=.gif

Just kidding. 

951e8b97-b6cc-4a8e-9eee-e0241f0f28bc_tex

Edited by benderbender
😆

On 7/6/2023 at 8:24 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Why we’re still talking about it:  

-the media is still talking about it on a daily basis.

-people post what the media is saying on a daily basis on message boards.  

-it’s July 8th.  What else should we talk about.  There’s nothing that hasn’t been a exhausted at this point in the offseason.

are you “interested” in this topic?  I’m not, but I’m posting in it…..because it’s July 8th and there’s nothing else to talk about.  Just like the media has nothing else to talk about —-so they talk about something that the most active fan base on social media will respond to.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/5/2023 at 12:53 PM, Gregg said:

Josh offended a Jets fan. Good job Josh. Keep it up.

My God I'll be happy when there is SOMETHING worthwhile to discuss concerning the Buffalo Bills.

Can we get this season started, say, mid August?

Get rid of the pre-season entirely please.

On 7/5/2023 at 7:15 PM, NewEra said:

The media did a similar thing with the Golden State Warriors and Draymond punching Jordan Poole.  They just kept bringing it up and wouldn’t let it go away.

In that case, though, after the season, Coach Kerr and Draymond himself admitted that the incident ruined their season. 

What's new? Everyone is offended by everything these days.

It's to the point I am getting offended by people who are constantly offended by things.

Find something to do in life. Get a hobby. Find some joy in busying yourself with something meaningful so you don't have time to waste being offended and getting up in arms over things all the time.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.