Bills Uniform Concepts

Zerovoltz

I get bored at work and sometimes I kill time messing around with MS paint.  Today, during a very dull 12 hour shift...I came up with these.

1.  I am not a professional artist. 

2. I only know how to use MS paint, not photoshop etc.

3. You all know I'm a Chiefs fan.  I am not trying to bag on your current uniforms.  The  Bills have good uniforms as is. 

4. I tried not to stray too far from elements that make the Bills brand what it is, but they are different.  I am sure MOST of you will pan these, but whatever.  I'm here for the comments and criticisms etc.   

What I have here -

Blue helmet with a red buffalo and blue streak.  I always liked the red standing buffalo logo.  I tried this on a white helmet and thought it looked better in blue.

Added a secondary buffalo head logo, which I placed on the shoulder sides, and eliminated the sleeve striping. 

Went with a slightly different font for the nubmers...and while this isn't traditional block font, it's not a whole lot different, but just a bit more modern and less generic than block.

went with a non contiguous two-tone pants stripe.  The white pants have red and blue striping, and the blue pants have red and white striping.

Added an AFL original member patch to the upper left side of the jersey with "RW" initials on the football in honor of Ralph WIlson.

fetch?id=259077&d=1687729583

fetch?id=259078&d=1687729607

fetch?id=259079&d=1687729630

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 6

You know when teen girls doodle the name of their crush on their notebook? Or they write their first name with their crush's last name? This has that energy. Seriously, bud. Just admit you wanna be a Bills fan. Lol.

I kid, but I don't absolutely hate the idea of a blue helmet. We have seen white and red already. I saw one with an all white buffalo outlines with red a while back and it looked solid. A lot of people will pan it simply because it's new and different and people are uncomfortable with change.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

You know when teen girls doodle the name of their crush on their notebook? Or they write their first name with their crush's last name? This has that energy. Seriously, bud. Just admit you wanna be a Bills fan. Lol.

I kid, but I don't absolutely hate the idea of a blue helmet. We have seen white and red already. I saw one with an all white buffalo outlines with red a while back and it looked solid. A lot of people will pan it simply because it's new and different and people are uncomfortable with change.

I sorta am one.  The Bills are the team I root for when they aren't playing KC.  This place and Josh Allen made me a fan.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I liked the Silver helmets of the 60-61 Bills. It had the players numbers affixed on the sides of the helmets. In 63 of course, we saw a Red standing Buffalo placed on the sides of the White helmet. 

Perhaps the Silver helmet with the standing Buffalo would have been a good look.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

No offence to anyone, but I love the current unis and don’t think they can be improved upon.

I remember the horrid multi blue with red piping disaster unis and all I wanted was the white helmets to represent snow. So when we got ‘em I was happy and never want them to change again

Edited by Uncle Monkeyhead
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I like the idea of the secondary logo on the sleeve and that's about it.

Blue helmet with red charging bison logo is a hard pass.

Not a popular opinion, but the Bills could use a total redesign of the logo. Both iterations of the bison were very poorly designed.

As a Buffalo Bills and UB Bulls football fan I don’t like the idea of the Buffalo Bills ever using a blue helmet because the Blue helmet represents UB Bulls football. The Buffalo Destroyers also had blue helmets that I also was a fan of. The Buffalo Bills doing a blue helmet to me represent out of ideas copy someone else’s success in Buffalo.

The Buffalo Bills should look to there past AAFC days with Silver helmets with Buffalo Bill Cody logo on the helmet. Or a brown leather helmet look with Buffalo Bill Cody logo on the helmet. The Buffalo Bills should use the Buffalo Bill Cody logo riding on a Buffalo in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

5 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

As a Buffalo Bills and UB Bulls football fan I don’t like the idea of the Buffalo Bills ever using a blue helmet because the Blue helmet represents UB Bulls football. The Buffalo Destroyers also had blue helmets that I also was a fan of. The Buffalo Bills doing a blue helmet to me represent out of ideas copy someone else’s success in Buffalo.

The Buffalo Bills should look to their past AAFC days with Silver helmets with Buffalo Bill Cody logo on the helmet. Or a brown leather helmet look with Buffalo Bill Cody logo on the helmet. The Buffalo Bills should use the Buffalo Bill Cody logo riding on a Buffalo in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

The current charging Buffalo logo was actually stolen from Howard University I believe because there was not a proper copyright on it. 

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

This might be crazy but what if the Bills had RED helmets? Sorry for the bad photo edit. I don't have ms paint ☹️61919e5a72d41.image.jpg?resize=1200,929

I wouldn't mind these to be worn once a year. But I think the Bills uniforms are perfect right now. The charging Buffalo stands out more on the white helmet. The only change I would make is to lose the all blues and reds.

• Like (+1) 1

LOL! I enjoy you being here, appreciate the effort.... but man youre MS Painting a bullseye on your back here hahaha

these remind me too much of the early 00's disaster unis we wore. when i see someone wearing the white Bledsoe, i assume theyre homeless and dangerous lol!

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

https://dribbble.com/shots/14799741-Buffalo-Bills-Rebrand-Concept-Exploration-2-2

Those are an intriguing concept, especially the helmet.  

Wow...those are really good.  I like everything about those except the "sleeve" stripes.  Big pet peeve of mine on any modern uniform is putting stripes on the side of the armhole...but other than that...those are awesome!

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think we have the best uniforms in the league after having the worst uniforms in league history 

I have to agree, or at least say we have a top-5 kit. Specifically our blue/white and white/white combos are perfection.

I think arguments can be made for the following teams/uniforms. This is just a list, not necessarily my ranking:

1. Chargers (Home)
2. Packers (Home)

3. Steelers (Home)

4. Bengals (All-White alts)

5. Bills (Tie: Blue/White and White/White)

Honorable Mentions to: 49ers, Dolphins, and GMEN throwbacks

I don’t understand the fascination with changing the look of uniforms.

The change from our 90’s uniforms to the Bledsoe era ones was an absolute mistake. Going back to the old style was a must and majority of people loved them with the white helmets.  Personally, I love the current uniforms with white helmets.  Especially love the all white look - lean and mean!

What I find funny is the Sabres goat head throwbacks and how much people love them. Most people could not wait to get rid of them and thought it was sacrilegious we changed from the blue and gold in the first place. I don’t mind the goat head, as a throwback.

11 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

I don’t understand the fascination with changing the look of uniforms.

The change from our 90’s uniforms to the Bledsoe era ones was an absolute mistake. Going back to the old style was a must and majority of people loved them with the white helmets.  Personally, I love the current uniforms with white helmets.  Especially love the all white look - lean and mean!

What I find funny is the Sabres goat head throwbacks and how much people love them. Most people could not wait to get rid of them and thought it was sacrilegious we changed from the blue and gold in the first place. I don’t mind the goat head, as a throwback.

I think the warm reception to the Goat Heads recently was because the Sabres teams wearing them were good in those uniforms. Made the finals in ‘99 and had memorable teams and players. They have not won much since switching back to the classic jerseys. We had a decent team this past season when they brought them back as an alt sweater, and that timing helps lol.

Edited by KingBoots8
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.