Per WGR, Bills cancel day 3 of minicamp

Big Turk

3 hours ago, eball said:

Teams do this literally every year.  It’s a “reward” to the players for showing up and buying in.

Participation trophies.
Reminds me of agency I work for which for employees have every possible holiday off and then gives employees 2 hours off before a holiday all on government dime.  Recent there was a request to add Groundhog Day.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Then why have this crap?  There were only 3 days to begin with!

Please tell me what a guy like Stefon Diggs took away from the experience.

They should have told him to stay home, wherever the hell he lives in the offseason.  You know it ain't buffalo.

What is your major malfunction?

He skipped a Day of Minicamp in June and Voluntary workouts and you're calling him "trash" in threads and taking every opportunity to take personal shots at the guy.

Take a friggin' breather, man.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

The whole team hates each other and can’t stand being around each other. The locker room has become toxic, the culture is dead and the team is on the decline OR there is nothing left to go over, pack it up until training camp, and take the day to golf with your teammates.

Meh...a table tennis and foosball table and they'll all be lovey dovey. 🤨

And in December I will remind you all FOOSBALL WEAKENS LEGS!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

He skipped a Day of Minicamp in June and Voluntary workouts you're calling him "trash" in threads and taking every opportunity to take personal shots at the guy.

He is trash, on a personal level.  Sorry if that shatters your personal fandom of him.

This league is filled with trash if you haven't noticed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

He is trash, on a personal level.  Sorry if that shatters your personal fandom of him.

This league is filled with trash if you haven't noticed.

I would reserve "trash" for people who are actual criminals and menaces to society. Not for players who act out about issues with coaching.

Even then, I wouldn't be going around calling people literal "trash". That's pretty damn hateful. And really unnecessary in this situation. Chill out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, transient said:

I’m concerned if and only if PSE tells me to be concerned. And if they’re not concerned then I’m a lemming with an untested IQ who listens to Prodigy while ascending to not-so-great heights… or some such nonsense. 

Remember that cool music video where it was a woman the whole time!

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Participation trophies.
Reminds me of agency I work for which for employees have every possible holiday off and then gives employees 2 hours off before a holiday all on government dime.  Recent there was a request to add Groundhog Day.

In fairness, any holiday that gets movie treatment is worthy of celebrating away from the office 😎, imho. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Participation trophies.

Based

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He skipped a Day of Minicamp in June and Voluntary workouts and you're calling him "trash" in threads and taking every opportunity to take personal shots at the guy.

looks like I’m on your team for this one! Good post😎

• Like (+1) 1

Players got it easy with the offseason rules in place. I would not be canceling anything. At a minimum keep the rookies and younger players for the last day. Even if they don’t do any on field work. Giving them extra attention and coaching can’t be a bad thing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I think he meant the cancelling was a sign of more strife within the team, but it sounds like this is routine.

I don't see the point of planning and arranging something like this, doing it for 2 days, and then calling it!  Finish it out...work on some things...make the team better.

Just pretend that only two practices were planned.

This is really no big deal as other teams do this as well. Football doesn't really start until TC in July. Even then most of the starters don't see any preseason action. If they do it's usually for a series or two. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

every job should give the whole company the rest of the week off after the second day on the job!

"workers paradise", indeed!

🎶We get up at 12, and go to work at 1🎵

🎶Take an hour for lunch, and then at 2🎵

🎶We're done!🎵

image.thumb.jpeg.61c651a7a081f43265454a0b5de24ff0.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

IDC, it’s not actually important, 

I’m in Annapolis MD up Spa creek on the boat at present and I’m going into town…, 

13 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

Bill Belichick is probably asking the league if the Patriots can acquire the canceled mini camp practices of a couple other teams so he can extend the Patriots' minicamp.

I know this was a joke and I’m probably ruining it by saying this… but the patriots actually cancelled day 3 of their mini camp this year, as Belichick often does.

https://nesn.com/2023/06/patriots-cancel-final-day-mandatory-minicamp-practices/

lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.