Bills place TE Zach Davidson on IR...ending season

Dablitzkrieg

• Dablitzkrieg changed the title to Bills place TE Zach Davidson placed on IR...ends season
Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

No idea who that is, hope he is OK and will get another shot.

He's actually an intriguing prospect and it's unfortunate to see him be put on IR. I figured him to be good insurance in the event they decided to try and sneak Quintin Morris on the Practice Squad and couldn't.

He's a 6'7" Tight End that Minnesota drafted in the 5th Round in 2021 and moved on from after only one season. We brought him in after they released him and has been a Practice Squad, Futures guy since September of last year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Dablitzkrieg changed the title to Bills place TE Zach Davidson on IR...ending season
4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No idea who that is, hope he is OK and will get another shot.

I just read, a young  new tight end, hope he is mentality ok as well.  His dream may have just exploded on him. 

Tough break for the kid.  Late round pick, of the Vikes I think, was on our PS last season.

Just now, BigAl2526 said:

He's tall and pretty athletic, but a fringe player none the less.  His ceiling at least this year was probably going to be the PS.  Opens a roster spot, so Buffalo will probably be adding somebody to fill that roster spot for training camp.

He was intriguing as he also punted in college, and it be interesting to see a punter that could also be a position player (see Paul McGwire). Yet as you said a fringe player at best, I wonder if we bring in another TE, Punter or another position to take up a roster spot like maybe bring back Bryant or Bowser.

The worst time of the year starts now and goes until the conclusion of the 3rd preseason game.   

Nothing good happens.  

I want all these guys healthy and free from serious injury.  Saw a kid 5th rounder for the Colts this year tear his ACL on the last play of OTAs.  Absolutely sucks.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, DCofNC said:

It’s not all bad, keep the rights to him, he gets paid and gets use of the facilities.   If he can be something, you have a year of development under cover.

Depends on the severity of the injury I expect as well but yea as he's is a returning ps player they likely gave him a lil bump in ps salary as well so getting paid to rehab basically.  Depending on the severity of injury will determine if he continues to play after he is healthy again.  He may wish to walk away while he can and no shame in that.  

Technically, I think the Bills could reach an injury settlement with Davidson, release him and then re-sign him.  I don't think they have any reason to do that.  There is a risk of another team picking him up on waivers.  He's still a raw kid.  If there are injuries that force the Bills to add a tight end, I think they probably would look for a veteran.  It's not going to be someone who is very good, but it would be someone who could at least know how he's expected to play.

On 6/14/2023 at 5:18 PM, Airseven said:

Their TEs are Knox, Kincaid, and Morris. That's it. That's all.

They had Knox, Morris and Sweeney last year.

That's all.  In that order on the depth chart.

I think Kincaid is probably worth more than Sweeney and Davidson and then some.

Also Gilliam can be used in a pinch if needed like he was last year.

Edited by The Wiz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.