Bills sign a CB, release a CB (now the title is grammatically correct)

Draconator

Pretty sweet! I’ll be seeing Cam in just a few days. He’s participating in my celeb softball game in Philly 💪🏾 We are doing 4 celeb softball games this month and not one Bill was on any of the rosters. Not the case now!

cam-dantzler.jpg

Edit: Actually right after posting this the thought crossed my mind that this signing may actually prevent him from showing up on Saturday 🤔

Edited by StHustle
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I like this signing. Plays similar to Levi Wallace. Hopefully this workouts out as our #4 CB  and Cristian Benford moves to Safety and Nickle CB backup. We now have 4 solid Safetys if this happens. 

Edited by wppete
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

They are not at all satisfied with CB2

Yeah. I don't know if that's what this is. They upgraded CB7 by swapping McMichael for Dantzler - now he's competing for a chance at the 53 man roster. 

Camreon Dantzler is competing with Siran Neal, Cam Lewis, Alex Austin and Ja'Marcus Ingram. He's not competing with Kaiir Elam. 

STARTERS

Tre White

Kaiir Elam

Taron Johnson

BACKUPS

Christian Benford

Dane Jackson

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m not sure what Elam does wrong in practice but his games show me he should be starting and looks the part.

I don’t know what the Bills are doing with him.

maybe they want reliable backups?

• Like (+1) 6

I remember that the Bills were rumoured to really like him in that draft. We took old leaden feet himself just ahead of him in round 3. The Vikes are going to more of a man coverage scheme under Flo, and Dantzler is definitely not a fit for that. He is a pure zone coverage guy. 

• Like (+1) 5

32 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah. I don't know if that's what this is. They upgraded CB7 by swapping McMichael for Dantzler - now he's competing for a chance at the 53 man roster. 

Camreon Dantzler is competing with Siran Neal, Cam Lewis, Alex Austin and Ja'Marcus Ingram. He's not competing with Kaiir Elam. 

STARTERS

Tre White

Kaiir Elam

Taron Johnson

BACKUPS

Christian Benford

Dane Jackson

He very well could be completion for Lewis/Neal, especially considering how the league is emphasizing ST this season.  

White, Elam, Johnson, and Jackson are 100% safe.  I can see the Bills moving Benford to S if Danzler beats out Lewis.  Of course, there’s a chance both Lewis and Danzler don’t make the roster 

4 minutes ago, eball said:

Or, they don't want a repeat of last season when they had grocery store clerks manning the secondary...

Hey now, I'll have you know that one of the clerks at my local Wegmans is about 6'2" 155 pounds. He says he runs a 5.90 40...which doesn't sound fast but he really rings up groceries quick. Fast process skills. Maybe a place on special teams for him....

• Eyeroll 1

• Draconator changed the title to Bills sign a CB, release a CB (now the title is grammatically correct)
48 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m not sure what Elam does wrong in practice but his games show me he should be starting and looks the part.

I don’t know what the Bills are doing with him.

50 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

They are not at all satisfied with CB2

Not sure what would make one see this and automatically assume it as them not being satisfied with or replacing Elam? I see it as more of a depth competition signing to compete with maybe Cam Lewis or Dane Jackson etc 

27 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If he was complaining about playing time in Minnesota, I don't think it'll be much better for him here

He was complaining because he was an all rookie selection and didn't get to start Week 1 in his second season. He was added/cut by Washington earlier in the offseason, so not sure if we doing due diligence or Ron Rivera gave McDermott a bone to chew on. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Not sure what would make one see this and automatically assume it as them not being satisfied with or replacing Elam? I see it as more of a depth competition signing to compete with maybe Cam Lewis or Dane Jackson etc 

It’s been the talk of media heads attending OTA. Elam has a battle on his hand for CB2.

31 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

He very well could be completion for Lewis/Neal, especially considering how the league is emphasizing ST this season.  

White, Elam, Johnson, and Jackson are 100% safe.  I can see the Bills moving Benford to S if Danzler beats out Lewis.  Of course, there’s a chance both Lewis and Danzler don’t make the roster 

Please let him be competition for Lewis, that guy is lost even when he is doing his assignment. There has rarely been a player that I notice over and over again at being horrible. It jumps off the screen at how bad at football he is.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s been the talk of media heads attending OTA. Elam has a battle on his hand for CB2.

I haven't come across any of those reports. Not saying you're wrong or anything, just something I have yet to see. 

Anyways, even if it was mentioned it's hard to put much stock into media speculation just from a few days in starting OTA's in May

Just now, Patrick Duffy said:

I haven't come across any of those reports. Not saying you're wrong or anything, just something I have yet to see. 

Anyways, even if it was mentioned it's hard to put much stock into media speculation just from a few days in starting OTA's in May

It’s been mentioned by every reporter there.

24 minutes ago, Prospector said:

Please let him be competition for Lewis, that guy is lost even when he is doing his assignment. There has rarely been a player that I notice over and over again at being horrible. It jumps off the screen at how bad at football he is.

Agree. Unless he's doing quiet things away from the ball that keeps the QB from throwing his direction. Every time he appears onscreen, he's blowing the coverage. Just good enough to make it close, but I don't recall any wins from him. And yet, they keep bringing him back. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s been mentioned by every reporter there.

I'm not saying it wasn't, I just haven't seen it....or may have missed it.

Still as I mentioned, imo no way to tell much of anything this early at the start of OTA's

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.