Emmanuel Acho’s Top 5 AFC Teams

Kirby Jackson

11 hours ago, Lane Meyer K12 said:

This is a good thing. Hopefully it happens throughout the media. More motivation can be achieved through other people's doubts. 

Exactly. Buffalo fans know the Bills always do better when ignored, counted out, etc. I hated them being the "favorite" last year by many... that sort of attention never helps this team. Bring it on...

• Like (+1) 1

“But what about the Bills?” Is a fair question: I picked the Bills to win the Super Bowl last year & Josh Allen to win MVP, I believe they’ve peaked.”

Well, the expert was wrong last year, so I presume he will be wrong again this year.

Edited by ControllerOfPlanetX
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

OK, to people not paying close attention the Bills probably look stale.  Same cast of characters, while other teams have stepped up.  And the loss of Edmunds, not a big favorite of many fans but really important for the D concept the Bills used.  And the two great safeties are both a year older.  And the great CB was definitely not back to his standard when he played last year.  And the great DE tore his knee pretty late in the year and probably won't be the same at the start of the year.  And the great WR seems to not have his head on straight.  And the great QB -- who knows what effect his personal life will have?

So on paper the Bills look like old news, that should be old news, and other teams are fresh and exciting.  But still, think about all the great players I just mentioned, and ask whether other teams have the same problem bringing back greatness.  The Bills still are a strong team, so we'll see how things go.

2 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

So from a totally unbiased perspective.  Of those 5 who actually got better from last year.  The Jets are the only ones and they weren't in the top 8 of the AFC last year.  I think based on improvement from the end of last year we added Hyde and Miller.  Yes they were on our team but no other team is even close to improving like those two will give us.

It’s mind blowing to me how this is never brought up during these media talks. We’re talking 2 game changing type of players that were missing for WEEKS. 

14 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They finished 6.5 games ahead of the Jets, 4.5 games ahead of Miami and 3.5 games ahead of Baltimore. It is unreasonable to think that the Bills regressed enough for ALL of those teams to have closed that chasm. It’s not like a game separated them!!

Jets - Aaron Rogers vs Zack Wilson is enough of a WAR replacement to close the Jets gap. Ravens having Jackson healthy for 17 games would as well (not that this is guaranteed, but it is possible).  Dolphin's no longer have a rookie HC, and Tua being healthy for a whole season closes part of that gap too.  

But the regular season barely matters.  Bills- Dolphins-Ravens were more or less equal teams in the playoffs last year.  McDermott so far has not advanced in his ability to win playoff games.  It really is a crapshoot which of these three teams can break the Chiefs-Bengals strangle hold on the AFC. (while no one was looking Bengals Burrows, Chiefs Mahomes became the modern Manning Colts, Patriots Brady rivalary. The Bills appear to be the Rothlisberger Steelers in this saga, maybe stumbling into a couple of SBs) 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

If you've ever heard Acho on tv, he has the IQ of a house plant. He's there because he fits the demographic they want. 

People who, when they introduce themself, you respond with "gezundheit".

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

So they will get blown out by Rodgers and co.

Compared to Zach Wilson, yeah Rodgers is the end all be all. Doesn't necessarily mean the Jets should be crowned of anything tho. This being week 1, the advantage goes to the Bills. You say you're being realistic but how can you be realistic when you haven't seen Rodgers play a down for the Jets? Assumption doesn't translate to reality, and up to this point, all you're doing is assuming the Bills won't beat the Jets because Wilson won't be under center. It's a new year and Rodgers plays in the tougher of both conferences

7 hours ago, Chaos said:

Jets - Aaron Rogers vs Zack Wilson is enough of a WAR replacement to close the Jets gap. Ravens having Jackson healthy for 17 games would as well (not that this is guaranteed, but it is possible).  Dolphin's no longer have a rookie HC, and Tua being healthy for a whole season closes part of that gap too.  

But the regular season barely matters.  Bills- Dolphins-Ravens were more or less equal teams in the playoffs last year.  McDermott so far has not advanced in his ability to win playoff games.  It really is a crapshoot which of these three teams can break the Chiefs-Bengals strangle hold on the AFC. (while no one was looking Bengals Burrows, Chiefs Mahomes became the modern Manning Colts, Patriots Brady rivalary. The Bills appear to be the Rothlisberger Steelers in this saga, maybe stumbling into a couple of SBs) 

I agree that the Bills haven’t reached their potential in the playoffs. Personally, I would have been fine if they moved on from McDermott for that reason.

At the same time, the Bills have won more playoff games in this era than any of those teams including playoff wins over 2 of them. If we are using “they have to prove it in the playoffs” that actually works in the Bills favor vs. those 3 teams. 

On 5/11/2023 at 4:14 AM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Who?

On 5/11/2023 at 5:22 AM, Aussie Joe said:

Who the fook is that guy? 

Former marginal LB with the Browns and Eagles (2013-2015) who parlayed that into a media career.  Current Fox Sports 1 analyst.

It's all about the Clicks

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/11/2023 at 5:10 AM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

But what about the Bills?” Is a fair question: I picked the Bills to win the Super Bowl last year & Josh Allen to win MVP, I believe they’ve peaked.

whelp, I guess they have peaked, according to Emmanuel... 🙄

Saying they've peaked is a fair response, but even if so, still likely better than Fish, Jets, and Ravens.

• Agree 1

The talking heads gotta talk about something...so they do crap like this.

Just look at Vegas Odds....Bills third best fav to win SB at most books.  That's top 3 or top 2 in the NFL.  Follow the money, not the talking heads.

Also...if ever a team was set to regress, it's the Bengals.  I will tell anyone who will listen...Orlando Brown is going to get Joe Burrow killed.  

5 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Saying they've peaked is a fair response, but even if so, still likely better than Fish, Jets, and Ravens.

I’m tired of all the Fish, Jets, Ravens talk. The Chiefs and Bengals remain our real issue. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree that the Bills haven’t reached their potential in the playoffs. Personally, I would have been fine if they moved on from McDermott for that reason.

At the same time, the Bills have won more playoff games in this era than any of those teams including playoff wins over 2 of them. If we are using “they have to prove it in the playoffs” that actually works in the Bills favor vs. those 3 teams. 

Ravens head coach had won a Super Bowl with the Ravens.  

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

Ravens head coach had won a Super Bowl with the Ravens.  

He has.

When I say, “this era” it really is since Allen/Lamar came in. Tua was next and now Rodgers but it really refers to the last 5 years.

After all, we are discussing the present(ish) makeup of these teams. The Miami team that finished 4.5 games behind the Bills in 2022 is not that much different than the 2023 team. The Bills team isn’t that much different from 2022. If we are assuming that the 4.5 game gap has closed, we must be assuming that the situation for Miami will be improving while the Bills situation regresses. The players/coaches have not changed enough to warrant that gap being closed. Logically, I don’t understand that argument that Baltimore, NY and Miami will ALL improve so much that they will pass a 13-3 Bills team with 3 losses by a combined 8 points. This Bills team is largely the same, and improved in any ways.

10 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

The talking heads gotta talk about something...so they do crap like this.

Just look at Vegas Odds....Bills third best fav to win SB at most books.  That's top 3 or top 2 in the NFL.  Follow the money, not the talking heads.

Also...if ever a team was set to regress, it's the Bengals.  I will tell anyone who will listen...Orlando Brown is going to get Joe Burrow killed.  

Orlando Brown is good and he is definitely better than Jonah Williams. So if Burrow has survived that I think he is pretty indestructable.

On 5/11/2023 at 7:05 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

They finished 6.5 games ahead of the Jets, 4.5 games ahead of Miami and 3.5 games ahead of Baltimore. It is unreasonable to think that the Bills regressed enough for ALL of those teams to have closed that chasm. It’s not like a game separated them!!

Look at what happened to all of the QBs for those teams and ask yourself if you think the Bills would even win a single game without JA.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He has.

When I say, “this era” it really is since Allen/Lamar came in. Tua was next and now Rodgers but it really refers to the last 5 years.

After all, we are discussing the present(ish) makeup of these teams. The Miami team that finished 4.5 games behind the Bills in 2022 is not that much different than the 2023 team. The Bills team isn’t that much different from 2022. If we are assuming that the 4.5 game gap has closed, we must be assuming that the situation for Miami will be improving while the Bills situation regresses. The players/coaches have not changed enough to warrant that gap being closed. Logically, I don’t understand that argument that Baltimore, NY and Miami will ALL improve so much that they will pass a 13-3 Bills team with 3 losses by a combined 8 points. This Bills team is largely the same, and improved in any ways.

I don’t see the Bills winning 13 games this year even playing 17.  Competition is better, all three teams up mentioned went extended periods without their starting QB, his argument makes perfect sense.  Those teams improved their rosters and the Bills were stagnant, or possibly regressing on talent over all.  It’s bound to be the JA show again.

• Disagree 3

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Look at what happened to all of the QBs for those teams and ask yourself if you think the Bills would even win a single game without JA.

I don’t see the Bills winning 13 games this year even playing 17.  Competition is better, all three teams up mentioned went extended periods without their starting QB, his argument makes perfect sense.  Those teams improved their rosters and the Bills were stagnant, or possibly regressing on talent over all.  It’s bound to be the JA show again.

The Bills aren't even close to "stagnant," much less regressing in talent over all.  Unless you think letting TE go negates the myriad of moves they made in FA and their draft picks.

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

So the argument and justification is that the Bills will have to play without their QB but the Dolphins, Ravens and Jets will all play with their QB?

It is a weird enough argument to start selecting, before the season, which QBs will be healthy. It’s even weirder when you are selecting Lamar, Tua and a 39 year-old Aaron Rodgers to be healthier than Allen. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

I see it completely differently:

*  IMO the Bills had a very good off season. 

*  I believe they significantly upgraded their O line with the addition of 3 new guards.

*  They added size and diversity to their RB room with the addition of 2 solid NFL RB's.

*  They improved their WR room through addition of 2 new vets and letting McKenzie go.

*  They had what looks to be a good draft with their top 3 picks all potentially starting in week one.

*  They will miss Edmonds but they added vet help on the D Line and in the D backfield.

*  They surprisingly kept Poyner & Phillips on the D.

*  McD calling the defensive plays is going to be a big improvement over Frazier.

*  Dorsey should improve going from his "rookie" season to his 2nd season as OC.

• Thank you (+1) 4

On 5/11/2023 at 4:50 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

BuffaloboyinATL’s top 5 Acho’s

1.  nAcho cheese

2. Sam Acho

3. Achoo  (aka sneeze)

4. Acho software (data application development platform)

5. Acho! Acho! (Episode 13 of anime series PaRappa the Rapper)

Sorry Emmanuel, it appears that you did not make my list either.  

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, noacls said:

The Bills did not look good for the last bit of the season and in the playoffs. They have  a lot to prove. 

Also add in some teams improving in the off-season.

It’s amazing how popular this narrative has become. It’s just not true. The Bills looking average was superior to about every team. They won 8 consecutive games prior to the playoff loss. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 hour ago, noacls said:

The Bills did not look good for the last bit of the season and in the playoffs. They have  a lot to prove. 

Also add in some teams improving in the off-season.

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s amazing how popular this narrative has become. It’s just not true. The Bills looking average was superior to about every team. They won 8 consecutive games prior to the playoff loss. 

Add in that just about every team “improves” in the off-season lol.

Our HC and QB have won the AFCE what, 3 years in a row? But of course, we are due for 8-9 says the battered Bills fans.

Edited by FireChans
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Add in that just about every team “improves” in the off-season lol.

Our HC and QB have won the AFCE what, 3 years in a row? But of course, we are due for 8-9 says the battered Bills fans.

It’s weird right? Somehow it was remembered that they were “struggling” despite winning 8 straight games. For some perspective, 17 teams won 8 or fewer games 😂

We are at the point where everyone else has gotten better and the Bills have regressed. These teams didn’t just close the gap. In one case they are surpassing a 6.5 game gap because of a 39 year-old Aaron Rodgers. The same Aaron Rodgers that had a lower passer rating than Andy Dalton in 2022. This has been a weird offseason and the battered Bills fans are back!!! We are weeks away from threads about the team moving to Toronto.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s weird right? Somehow it was remembered that they were “struggling” despite winning 8 straight games. For some perspective, 17 teams won 8 or fewer games 😂

We are at the point where everyone else has gotten better and the Bills have regressed. These teams didn’t just close the gap. In one case they are surpassing a 6.5 game gap because of a 39 year-old Aaron Rodgers. The same Aaron Rodgers that had a lower passer rating than Andy Dalton in 2022. This has been a weird offseason and the battered Bills fans are back!!! We are weeks away from threads about the team moving to Toronto.

Heaven forbid the Bills lose week 1. we will be talking about trading Josh and Von for a “king’s ransom” to start the 9 year rebuild and achieve the most important thing of all, cap space.

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There was surmise of the team not being set to stay in Buffalo in a thread just a few weeks ago (it was an unpleasant thread with ghoulish speculation, so I leave it at that.) 

Given a truly exceptional harrowing season with injuries, tragedies, and weather displacements, it's somewhat incredible they managed 13 regular season wins including the 8 consecutive you note. Folks are just blowing all that off because the Bills were steamrolling teams early which made later struggles appear to be more a failure than they were. Then the Bills made some cavalier mistakes in the playoff against the Dolphins that allowed the Phish to hang around in a game they otherwise didn't belong in followed by the absolute dud against Cincy. The post-season cemented a narrative for many. Same fans, I suspect, assume the unprovable assertion that we would have played just as poorly in the truncated Bengals game. The cumulative effect of swimming upstream for so long took its toll and I do think one can question both first year Dorsey and Frazier's approach to the post-season. The former has more tools to work with, ostensibly an improved IOL and a year to acclimate to OC. The latter is gone and one hopes McD will at least be more aggressive against top qbs rather than using the passive, bend-don't break strategy that works best against average and subpar qbs.

The notion that all that adds up to stagnancy or that the Bills have peaked is utter non-sense. As long as your franchise qb is in his prime and you hit on enough of your draft picks, the window is always going to be open. What you can say is that typically head coach franchise qb combinations win a SB early in the relationship. I think two years ago Allen was poised to make that happen and the 13 seconds fiasco derailed what I suppose a high probability, though it can never, of course, be proven. Another early exit from the playoffs would put McD on the hotseat, but the team itself is no more destined to fall back to the pack then GB who was considered a perennial SB contender as long as Rodgers was at qb.   

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/11/2023 at 6:22 AM, Aussie Joe said:

Who the fook is that guy? 

He’s the guy who is a Nick Wright wannabe, without the annoying KC homerism. Stole a page from his playbook to make a name for himself, it seems. No click is a bad click! He never met a click he didn’t like, that’s the name of the game. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.