Rodgers Traded to Jets Officially

Dablitzkrieg

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm totally on the fence about how this move makes me feel. I could see it making the Jets a really scary Super Bowl caliber team. I could also see it crashing and burning and leading to a total house cleaning at the end of the season. And anything in between.

No on the fence for me. Rodgers instantly puts the Jets in the discussion for winning the division and the Super Bowl. 

I believe on paper the Jets are a better team than the Bills. Their defense is outstanding. Breece Hall looked special and their WRs are young and good.  

Last year,  the difference was Allen vs the Jets poor QBs. Even the inept Zach Wikson made plays to beat the Bills. Now the QB situation is no longer a huge mismatch for the Jets. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

No on the fence for me. Rodgers instantly puts the Jets in the discussion for winning the division and the Super Bowl. 

I believe on paper the Jets are a better team than the Bills. Their defense is outstanding. Breece Hall looked special and their WRs are young and good.  

Last year,  the difference was Allen vs the Jets poor QBs. Even the inept Zach Wikson made plays to beat the Bills. Now the QB situation is no longer a huge mismatch for the Jets. 

The amount of Super Bowls Aaron Rogers has been to since 2010 is the same as Josh Allen and that’s with home field advantage several times 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stuvian said:

when you fall on your face with Mark Sanchez, Sam Darnold and Zach Wilson after running through Vinny Testaverde, Josh McCown and Ryan Fitzpatrick, this is the only move left.

Lol, that's the truth.  He's got them all beat before the ball is snapped. 

25 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'll still take Allen over anyone but Mahomes and Burrow. 

Point being Allen hasn't made a Super Bowl appearance or hoisted a Lombardi Trophy. Obviously, it's not all on him. However, modern day football is all about the rings. As a result, the negativity will drift towards him rightly or wrongly so. 

I'll give you Mahomes because he's proven he can play at the highest level even when outside of TE he doesn't always have elite talent all around him. 

Burrow? He's been great no doubt, but look what he's got around him.

Give Josh 3 Pro Bowl caliber WRs, a very good RB and TE and a above average OL and see what happens. 

Look at what Hurts did when surrounded by elite talent. Parlayed that into the biggest contract of any QB currently. He's good but are you taking him over Josh?

The Bills will be doing Josh a huge disservice if they don't match the offensive talent of the other top teams because it's only getting harder from this point out. 2 years ago we only worried about the Chiefs. Now the Bengals have surpassed us and the Chargers, Miami and even the Jets are coming on fast.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

He will play as long as he is able to. He's a narcissist that demands his name be in the news. He uses retirement as leverage to make sure his name is always out there. 

The Jets swapped 13 and 15, and gave up a couple of seconds. Whats the big deal?

Just now, Bferra13 said:

I didnt say it's a big deal. I just said he doesn't retire after this year. Is there cap implications? Not sure.

I was referring to the tweets apocolypic pronouncement if he doesn't play for a long time.

43 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Last season the Bills finished ahead of the Jets in the East by SIX AND A HALF games.  And that was in spite of splitting their games with Buffalo.  So for the Jets to move past Buffalo Rogers will have to make up quite a bit of ground. 

So do you think the Jets will sweep the Bills?

How do you think the aging Rogers will deal with that train wreck of an O line the Jets will put in front of him?

The Jets WR's are young but their best guy isn't in the same class as Diggs.

That rookie RB was very good. But what makes you think he'll be close to 100% next season after the injury he had this season?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The Jets swapped 13 and 15, and gave up a couple of seconds. Whats the big deal?

Random alert.  Can I just throw in, I would not want him as my QB. It’s for a year or two, or whatever he blesses us with. He’s a diva and I hope the NYC media devours his snide arse. 

I feel better. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

We're not talking about replacing some middle of the road QB like Andy Dalton with Aaron Rodgers. We are talking about taking maybe the worst QB room in football and bringing in a guy who was the MVP in 2020 and 2021. He doesn't have to be godlike to make them a lot better.

And Rogers is 40 years old and looking more like an aging Manning or Brees rather then Brady.  IMO we'll see a significant decline in Rogers play this year. It happens fast and in a couple of seasons you can easily go from an MVP to a below average QB.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No, if he plays 65% next year it’s a 2024 1st. So basically it’s a 2024 1st.

Basically:

2nd

6th

2024 1st

But they also sent back a 2024 5th which pretty much negates the 6th.  Swap of 2023 1sts is only 2 slots.

The Bills should be thankful for the trade which makes the Jets more likely to beat the Patriots & Dolphins during the regular season.  It's all about the AFC East Division winner with our tough schedule in 2023.  A 10-7 record may win it this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It was the offensive line…packers oline was absolutely awful early in the season and then they did a huge reshuffle and locked it down a bit.

The jets don’t have world beaters at wr either 

They have a better receiving core than us. Wilson is really really good and they had absolute crap throwing them the ball. 

1 hour ago, Bigvinny said:

Eh, I think the draft pick stuff is super overrated. What they should keep their picks to draft the next Zack Wilson or Sam Darnold? They have a really complete roster and has maybe the worst starting qb in the nfl. They acquired a 3 time mvp, who is old and weird, but is on a different planet than they crap they had prior. The jets are such an irrelevant franchise. I would be doing backflips if I was a Jets fan. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

30 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And Rogers is 40 years old and looking more like an aging Manning or Brees rather then Brady.  IMO we'll see a significant decline in Rogers play this year. It happens fast and in a couple of seasons you can easily go from an MVP to a below average QB.

Father time is coming but i havent seen the decline at least not as noticeable as that rag for a right arm Brees had for his last couple or few years.  He might not be as sharp as Manning was, but he's pretty smart. How Hall comes back from that injury ....for sure, i think the season just got more interesting, Cant wait. 

• Like (+1) 2

I find this exciting! I'm glad the division will be a dogfight. Will make for some great, old-school football to watch.

And I still have confidence that our boys will finish on top. We are a very-talented, veteran team with a great QB. A team that has seen it all/been through it all over the last few seasons.

I think the Bills will come into this season not just as men on a mission, but as fully bonded and battle-tested warriors on the ultimate quest! That's the stuff you don't see on paper.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Let’s just worry about ourselves first hey?

If the Bills are playing close to their best like the start of the season last year… they should still be ok for the Division and a Championship run..

If they play like the second half of last season… then it won’t really matter what the Jets are doing …because that level of play isn’t doing much come the playoffs as we saw in January..

Level of play is usually associated with injuries.  Was there any team more affected by injuries than the Bills the past 2 years?  I would guess that teams that win the Lombardi have fewer injuries than the rest.  I know I am stating the obvious:  injuries can make a great team so-so.  Yes we should just worry about ourselves and worry that we have fewer injuries.  Law of averages should smile on us.  Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They have a better receiving core than us. Wilson is really really good and they had absolute crap throwing them the ball. 

Eh, I think the draft pick stuff is super overrated. What they should keep their picks to draft the next Zack Wilson or Sam Darnold? They have a really complete roster and has maybe the worst starting qb in the nfl. They acquired a 3 time mvp, who is old and weird, but is on a different planet than they crap they had prior. The jets are such an irrelevant franchise. I would be doing backflips if I was a Jets fan. 

He is knocking on the door of 40 and seemed to be struggling at times last season..

He has been a great player no doubt… but not every 40 year old is going to age like Brady has..

Let’s see how he goes … is he better than Wilson ? Of course … The question should be is he still good enough to be a difference maker over the course of the season?

It’s a risky move made by guys whose jobs are on the line and didn’t have many other options..they will be gone if he is one season and done and they miss the playoffs ..

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Billl said:

Lotta cope going on ‘round here.

Quoted for truth.

I remember everyone telling me how awful Tua was, then he went out and beat the Bills while concussed. 

*Look at the reactions.  Truth hurts, don't it.  

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Do the Jets honestly have a better roster? Statistics say no. Their vaunted defense was no better than the Bills and the Bills lost 1 whole starter. 
Offensively Are Josh Allen, Steff Diggs, and James Cook better than Aaron Rogers, Breece Hall, and Garrett Wilson? Ah no they are not. 
Is Dawson Knox better than Tyler Conklin? Yes

Is Gabe Davis better than Allan Lazzard? I’d actually say yes.
Olines are both crappy so Bills are probably 2-3 games better than the Jets.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

But they also sent back a 2024 5th which pretty much negates the 6th.  Swap of 2023 1sts is only 2 slots.

Yeah. So they got him for a (likely) 1st and a 2nd. Nothing wrong with that given his age honestly I thought they’d get more out of the Jets.

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Do the Jets honestly have a better roster? Statistics say no. Their vaunted defense was no better than the Bills and the Bills lost 1 whole starter. 
Offensively Are Josh Allen, Steff Diggs, and James Cook better than Aaron Rogers, Breece Hall, and Garrett Wilson? Ah no they are not. 

Oh boy - I agree with you on the bolded but there’s folks here that will definitely argue that point. We’ll call them the “rather validate my predictions than be a fan” crowd.

16 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I don’t think they’re better then Miami.  

When Quinnen Williams got hurt late last year they were not the same D - which was healthy all year especially the secondary.  

The offense may have Rodgers and Wilson.  And?  Breece Hall off ACL who knows.  

Their first pick is no doubt an OT.  So a rookie for Rodgers to ***ch at with every mistake.  

No.  They are not better then Miami.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

29 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

did rodgers share some of his ayahuasca with you????

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.