Rodgers Traded to Jets Officially

Dablitzkrieg

1 minute ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Only made 1 super bowl playing out of the cupcake NFC north division now he has to go through Allen, Burrow and Mahomes if he wants to play in another one.  Dumb move for him if he really wants to go to another SB.

This. While I think this obviously makes our path tougher, Wtf was Rodgers thinking? ! The NFC has one (only 1!) QB that’s probably elite in Hurts unless you’re still a believer in Dak or Cousins. Meanwhile the AFC has them everywhere. It’s the reason the Niners are still the NFC favorites and their preferred QB might not even play this year. Unreal. 

• Like (+1) 3

This is good for Buffalo. We need some more steel to sharpen steel. If we want to be the best team in football, heres a great chance to go do it.

Side benefit is NYJ wont have a shot at pairing their good young core with a young QB. Those players will be signing 2nd contracts and hitting FA by the time theyre in a position to draft their next QB.

Win - Win here folks!

• Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

This. While I think this obviously makes our path tougher, Wtf was Rodgers thinking? ! The NFC has one (only 1!) QB that’s probably elite in Hurts unless you’re still a believer in Dak or Cousins. Meanwhile the AFC has them everywhere. It’s the reason the Niners are still the NFC favorites and their preferred QB might not even play this year. Unreal. 

Danny Dimes Pro Bowl coming!  LOL

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

you realize he’s beloved in the locker room in Green Bay right? Where do people get these takes from? 

Of course his fellow players loved him.  He spent all of his time and energy undermining the head coach and GM.   He poisoned the well in Green Bay with it.   He created an us versus them atmosphere in Green Bay between the players and the organization.

The entire organization suffered for it.

There is more than one type of locker room cancer.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, somnus00 said:

Rogers isn't what he used to be. But the Jets beat us last year with Wilson at QB, and without their star running back.

I'm not scared of the Jets, but I also don't like this trade. They're a good team. I'm not getting the fan cockiness.

rodgers threw for 3700 yards 26 tds and 12 picks with a broken thumb. Imagine what he does when it’s healthy? These are gonna be some hella tough games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You also think where Bijan Robinson lands ultimately determines the balance of power in the AFC for years to come though, too. ;)

If he ends up in KC, yep.

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yes.. he won’t be a terrible QB in 2023 …

I think he will be middle of the pack… down from Top 5 

Is this enough for the Jets to win the Division? 

I would say no if the Bills are close to their best and have a good run with injuries..

Bills lost to Zac Wilson last season and barely beat them in the second matchup. Now you throw AR on their squad with an eventual healthy Breece Hall coming back and that defense? Throw the surging Dolphins into that mix and it’s going to be tough sledding for the Bills next year 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.