Rodgers Traded to Jets Officially

Dablitzkrieg

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Yeah thats a huge deal for both them and GB, assuming that was part of the holdup in trade too.  GB now doesn't have to "eat" any money....and Jets take on the full portion of his contract.

Jets certainly restructure next year, but that cap burden is likely 2-3 years away from really hitting them.

And there's only so far you can restructure a 100+ million dollar CAP hit with a 41 year old.

29 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And there's only so far you can restructure a 100+ million dollar CAP hit with a 41 year old.

I can't imagine Aaron agreed to restructure, if he plans to retire after this season...bc he'd be out of luck on that money (I think, since it converted to salary).

But yeah, agree Jets are going to have an issue soon with that deal...unless Aaron plays until mid 40s

I've listened to a ton of fairly length Rodgers "interviews" between Pat McAfee and Aubrey Marcus. I just find the guy interesting, not that I agree with everything he says. 

I've never heard him talk before about playing "into his 40's" like he did yesterday. Given that, Rodgers will play 2-3 years in NY, IMO

He probably gave some sort of assurance to the Jets that he would play at least 2 seasons. People keep saying he's 40. He's not. He JUST turned 39 on December 2. 

So, he'll be 39 (2023) for most of this season, and 40 most of next season (2024). All the drama in Green Bay probably affected his desire to play a bit. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

I can't imagine Aaron agreed to restructure, if he plans to retire after this season...bc he'd be out of luck on that money (I think, since it converted to salary).

But yeah, agree Jets are going to have an issue soon with that deal...unless Aaron plays until mid 40s

And that will present an issue all on it's own.

20 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Yup. Not everyone can "Brady" Father Time.

I think a lot of it is just the enormous desire that Brady had to keep playing. Most have had their fill by age 40 but it was like Brady couldn't imagine doing anything else with his life. 

Peyton Manning would have kept playing until he was 45 also but his neck nerve issue made it impossible 

• Like (+1) 2

Adam Schefter on Twitter: "A reunion: Former Packers’ WR Randall Cobb is expected to agree to a one-year deal with the New York Jets, allowing him to play with Aaron Rodgers in NY, per sources. The two men who walked off the field together in Green Bay now get to do more work to do together. https://t.co/WoBpBbDweK" / Twitter

Aaron is ALREADY running the offense in NJ....

these friendly A-Aron additions may or may not gel with the others.....

Hackett is going to be portrayed (rightfully) as a yes man to his QB when this all implodes come December....

A-Aron wanted a Coordinator he can be the boss of, now he is bringing in his old and washed up guys...

what could possibly go wrong?  lol

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.