Rodgers Traded to Jets Officially

Dablitzkrieg

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

he praised the head coach all the time. What are you even talking about? go listen to all the mcafee shows where Aaron sing his praises. You have zero clue what you’re talking about. 

Rodgers and the Pack loved each other so much they we're willing to do anything to get rid of each other???   Rodgers' public statements are the equivalent of your kid telling you how much he loves his sister to your face while pulling her hair behind your back.

Rodgers isn't stupid enough to go on tv and submarine the coach and GM.  That work is done behind the scenes.  

The truth will start to come out now that the deal is done and then we'll see who knows what they're talking about.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Bills will sweep the Jets in 2023

Sorry dont see it,

The jets got better even without Rodgers the bills could finish 1st or third in the AFCE next year....   jets improved the most, then the dolphins, then the bills.   and some other team last. Hopkins could make the offense the best in the NFL  if that were to happen. but the defense still really concerns me with the lack of a pass rush..   and Von coming of surgery. 

1. Facts are facts, Jets (on paper at least) just got a lot better and have to consider them a contender if Rodgers maintains a high level of play.
  2. Packers did a good job holding out and getting a lot for Rodgers.
  3. At least the Jets had to surrender some decent draft capital for a guy who is no lock to play again next year and costs an obscene amount of money annually.  

Expected, don't love it, but at least it is more of a short term problem given Rodgers age and flirtations with retirement every year now.  I still think the Bills can and will win the division, but the AFCE may now be the best division in football.  So winning the division is going to be no easy task and neither will the number 1 seed in the AFC.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, gordong said:

Sorry dont see it,

The jets got better even without Rodgers the bills could finish 1st or third in the AFCE next year....   jets improved the most, then the dolphins, then the bills.   and some other team last. Hopkins could make the offense the best in the NFL  if that were to happen. but the defense still really concerns me with the lack of a pass rush..   and Von coming of surgery. 

We will beat them twice.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

basically it's a 2nd in 2023 and a 1st in 2024 with some window dressing tossed in 

IMO Rodgers made some sort of commitment behind the scenes that he would play 2 years. It'll come out I'll bet (and be denied by all) 

The swap of first round picks is about bottom third round value…

It’s more than what the Jets fans have been telling each other for months that they should pay … a lot more 

• Like (+1) 1

Short term gain but potential long term pain for the Jets when it comes to the QB position. If Rodgers gets them to the play offs, at least, in the year before he retires then they won't be in a great place to draft or trade for his replacement. I don't think he's good enough now to win them the SB, which surely must be their plan to trade away as much as they have?

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

If he ends up in KC, yep.

Bad news........by just trading a couple comp picks Brett Veach could likely move way up and get Bijan and relegate the Bills and the rest o the AFC to irrelevance for years to come.

You really should start a thread about this take.   It has "Mario for Skelton" potential resonance.......one way or the other........IMO.

46 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Loving that people think he's washed:  MVP's last 3

image.png.a973fcc47d674234db9e8d83eb38a28e.png

Yeah the Jets are gonna be a problem, they’re clearly ahead of Miami in the division and nipping at the heels of the Bills.

Allen is gonna need his best season yet and I’m loving the challenge.

52 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The Jets are we’re quarterbacks go to die

And I hope it’s the NYC media who throws the first dirt on his grave. You’re not in Green Bay anymore, you smug Diva. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.