Bills hosted RB Latavious Murray

NewEra

I feel like this is just part of some Beane smokescreen to make it seem like we're still interested in adding a rb and might draft Bijan Robinson.

He keeps saying that Edmunds' replacement is on the roster and we haven't signed anyone new at LB, so that screams that we'll take a linebacker in the 1st or 2nd.

• Like (+1) 6

I mean, we do need someone for that Matt Breida/TJ Yeldon break glass in case of emergency role.

McDermott has only ever dressed 3 RB's on Game Day, 1 of which was a Special Teamer. James Cook, Damien Harris, and Nyheim Hines will all dress (and Hines will provide more on offense than Taiwan Jones and Senorise Perry offered).

So we do need a 4th guy on the roster who won't dress unless there's an injury. That said, I expected and prefer a 5th or 6th Rounder instead. Someone you could strike Gold on.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

My 1st reaction was definitely "huh?"

But, as much as I think Harris can be a short yardage back, that's not necessarily his specialty.  To have someone for the goal-line and 3rd & 1 (and 4th & 1) would round out that unit well.  

The Bills are determined to build a real running game. I can't really object to that.  Cincy was more physical than the Bills were - there are a few aspects to that, but getting a more physical & reliable run game makes things a lot more equal on that front.

Edited by Success
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Cook, Hines, Murray, Harris.  

I'm good with that.   Better power backs than the Bills have had in several years.   Better speed backs, too.  

McDermott apparently realized that he can't get the job done with a tweener like Motor. 

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Things I learned about Murray:

- he played football in Syracuse

- he is the only rb who rushed for 500 yards the last 8 years

- he is the Josh McCown of rbs the way he stays in the league when more talented guys burn out after like 4 years. Impressive for him.

I don’t get signing old rbs. But he would be good insurance I guess. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

He's a fool if he signs here.  He'll be inactive most weeks and what's left of his career will be over.  Ask TJ Yeldon and Duke Johnson.  Breida is lucky he has a rapport with Daboll.

Not necessarily. He’s 33 playing a position where guy’s generally age out 3-5 years earlier due to physicality. He may be perfectly happy preserving his body a bit, making a million, taking a mentor role and getting a shot at a ring. 🤷‍♂️ Heck, he might even be interested in coaching after he retires. If that’s the case being around in a lesser role could be a benefit. Who knows. 

• Like (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

He's a fool if he signs here.  He'll be inactive most weeks and what's left of his career will be over.  Ask TJ Yeldon and Duke Johnson.  Breida is lucky he has a rapport with Daboll.

If that’s all he can get at this point in his career, that’s what he might have to take and be okay with it.

Special Teams and Running Backs,  this is like what’s his names foot fetish…,

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I feel like this is just part of some Beane smokescreen to make it seem like we're still interested in adding a rb and might draft Bijan Robinson.

He keeps saying that Edmunds' replacement is on the roster and we haven't signed anyone new at LB, so that screams that we'll take a linebacker in the 1st or 2nd.

Or, the smokescreen is we don't have Edmund's replacement on the roster and he really does want Robinson. Hopefully not, but never say never with Beane.

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

For a 33 year old rb, it would make a lot of sense. Collects a check while saving his body.  Part of the reason he has lasted so long is he has never been the guy so he has saved a lot of wear and tear on his body. Todd Gurley was setting records and was out of the league by 26. 

running back is a wild position. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Not necessarily. He’s 33 playing a position where guy’s generally age out 3-5 years earlier due to physicality. He may be perfectly happy preserving his body a bit, making a million, taking a mentor role and getting a shot at a ring. 🤷‍♂️ Heck, he might even be interested in coaching after he retires. If that’s the case being around in a lesser role could be a benefit. Who knows. 

You may be right, but he's got more tread left than the typical 33 year old, being a backup type guy most of his career.  

I saw Murray a few times last year with the Broncos.  He looked fresh.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

For a 33 year old rb, it would make a lot of sense. Collects a check while saving his body.  Part of the reason he has lasted so long is he has never been the guy so he has saved a lot of wear and tear on his body. Todd Gurley was setting records and was out of the league by 26. 

running back is a wild position. 

Why should the Bills be on the hook to fund this?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.